• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion: Bowser, Monsieur Turtle Bits.

How do we win?
What do we watch out for?
Stages to BAN/CP?
Tips/Tricks when fighting this character?
Videos?
MU classification?

Remember, we are not using the "mu ratio" scheme anymore. Describe the MU using the following MU classifications:

Heavy Disadvantage
Disadvantage
Slight Disadvantage
Even
Slight Advantage
Advantage
Heavy Advantage

Throwback

Smash Lord
How do we win?

By spamming an enormous amount & getting some very fun combos

What do we watch out for?

Bowser's jump height is actually decent, and he will try to force us to the edge - it's the ony way he can catch us. That means watch out for full-hop approaches and clever stage control.

At some point bowser is going to get underneath you, and then he has the advantage. Try to avoid this.

Stages to BAN/CP?

No idea - CP FD if you can, it's horrible for bowser in this MU

Tips/Tricks when fighting this character?

Do not, under any circumstances, approach aerially in a way that puts him close enough to upB.

Our usmash actually works in this MU - if he ever approaches from above, usmash will hit him for a nice 28%.

Videos?

There is a good set between xyro and someone else (kinser?) on youtube. To me it shows the MU is close to even as the bowser dies to a lot of samus' gimmicks that are very avoidable with experience.

MU classification?

slight advantage for samus. Sure we can spam all day but bowser is simply so heavy that it makes the MU more even than you'd expect. And when he gets us in the air it gets difficult.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I feel this is 60-40 Samus's advantage. I can understand 65-35, but it's definitely not 70-30.

I'll post more in detail later--gotta go run some errands for some film preproduction.

EDIT: Going away from the MU ratios, I say "advantage."

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
55-45.

I say this 'cause I'm pretty sure I could go even with any Samus main using Bowser's tools. And I don't main Bowser, I only toy with him on occasion. Straying from MU ratios, I'd say Slight Advantage for Samus.

Xyro77

DO i need to **** more bowsers to sway the people? No problem. Expect some more this weekend.

Preferably not Zigsta. He's not as experienced as the other Bowsers. Can you face Vex or KK?

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
We're paying too much attention to the character's that Samus *****... We need some more activity happening on threads like Marth and all of Samus' bad matchups

Anyways I agree with Xyro. Bowser is just simply too big of a target and doesn't have the speed to get past Samus' spam. If Bowser gets through the spam, it's the Samus player's fault imo.

Bowser kind of has a shield....

Anyway, it's not the fact that were ignoring characters like Marth, MK etc, it's just none of us really know HOW to fight these characters since we literally never win against them. Every good Marth I've played as Samus, I've lost too. I'm sure this can be said for everyone else as well.

pwned-by-the-poob

Smash Apprentice
Bowser kind of has a shield....

Anyway, it's not the fact that were ignoring characters like Marth, MK etc, it's just none of us really know HOW to fight these characters since we literally never win against them. Every good Marth I've played as Samus, I've lost too. I'm sure this can be said for everyone else as well.
Well i'm glad to hear that because i have a lot of experience vs those tough matchups. especially oli. i'll post some stuff later to give some ideas, then hopefully you guys can add on to it. Since my stuff alone isn't nearly enough information to get good at a matchup. lol
I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything, I'm just trying to help D:

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
if i ever meet kingkong or vex i will play them. and i will win
I will try to go to a tournament this winter or next summer, lets do a MM there and I can assure that you are gonna lose. 20$ is it ok for you ?

Xyro77

I will try to go to a tournament this winter or next summer, lets do a MM there and I can assure that you are gonna lose. 20$ is it ok for you ?
Sounds good to me. if you choose to go to HOBO, let me know cause i cut you a special deal since u main low tier. i guarantee u will like it.

Top Bottom