• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Souper Smash Round 5 Lowell, MA November 14th! Sunday!

Allied

Smash Master
The Souper Bowl V
Sunday November 14th

PLEASE NOTE ALLIED IS HOSTING A MELEE TOURNY IN MA... I Swear :o (rofl) I mean, why would I make such an insane thing up...

VENUE INFORMATION:

1733 Middlesex Street
Lowell, MA 01825

TIMES:

10AM - Venue opens

10:30AM - All sign ups begin

12PM - Melee Teams Begin

-B+ single.

-Melee single.

(Melee/Brawl+ Singles - The times for these will be dependent on the turn out for each event.)

Venue closes - Depends on the tournament, but there is no worry of it closing early by any means.

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
Venue Fee - $5*

Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $10 per team/$5 per person
Brawl+ Singles - $5
Prize Pool for singles - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%/4%
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%

*bringing a full setup will remove your venue fee.

FOOD
The venue itself! It serves asian food - discounted for the tournament! - and doubles as a bar for all you 21+ smashers.
Please leave outside food and drink, well, outside.

Rules

Melee Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
- The opponents will strike down to an agreed Starter Stage for Round One of each set. Port Priority picks first, if their is a disagreement on who gets port 1 it will be solved with RPS.
- Strikes go 1-2-1-2 the number referring to the port or whomever won RPS

Stage List:

Starters
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)/Pokemon stadium (doubles)
Final Destination

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Corneria
Donkey Kong 64
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (singles only)

Brawl+ Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double blind character pick can be called at anytime
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
- The opponents will strike down to an agreed Starter Stage for Round One of each set. Port Priority picks first, if their is a disagreement on who gets port 1 it will be solved with a coin flip.
- Strikes go 1-2-1-2 the number referring to the port or whomever won the coin flip

Stage List:

Starters -
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Wario Ware (singles)/SSE Jungle (doubles)

Counterpicks -
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Rumble Falls+
Halberd+
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1+
Pictochat+
Frigate Orpheon
SSE Jungle (singles)/Wario ware (doubles)
Skyworld+
Castle Siege

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...61033#!/event.php?eid=162143183810704&index=1 FB PaGE

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289869 SB page

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10861 AiB Page

(<3 you allied)

Allied

Smash Master
cuz allied is the man. coming down all the way from ny to host a tourny in lowell ma , he's just that cool. he's also gonna buy rounds for everyone there :p

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
You should put the date of the tourney in the title of the thread. There should also be streaming and recording equipment at this tourney.

TheMorgue

Smash Cadet
Maine will be at the CT tourny the day before this, if we can get housing for Saturday night that be tight so if anyone could make this happen let me know.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I get out of work at 4pm that day(maybe earlier if i'm lucky) but do you think I could make it to singles? I would really like to try because this could be my last melee tourney for a while.

Allied

Smash Master
Should really Call off work. if u get there by 4pm melee singles will be ending and b+ singles will be starting.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Should really Call off work. if u get there by 4pm melee singles will be ending and b+ singles will be starting.
Would it be possible to just do B+ before melee single's or even teams? I don't really want to call out of work because that's guaranted money,where a tourney is only a gamble. The venue closes pretty late and it could also give players time to eat, if they decide not to eat at the venue. I just don't want to miss out on this and it's been a while since I haven't played in a tourney where MA,ME,and CT are all going to be there.

Yeah it's been awhile:urg:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
seeing the date... ehhhhhh

I'm probably working, and even if I wasn't I dk if I could afford the gas $ to go to wallingford and then Lowell the next day

so I don't think I'll be in attendance :ohwell:

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
or call out of work.
Did you even read my post? Do you realize by moving melee singles you could possibly have more player's entering the tourney? I mean having it a little later would mean giving the players who participated in the CT tourney on Sat a bit more time to sleep and be refreshed for the Souper bowl tourney. Why would any player in any competitive community disagree with this suggestion. If Souper bowl does close late then I wouldn't see a real problem starting everything even at noon or later. I don't want to offend the TO's running this tourney but if running it like this(Brawl+, Melee teams, and then Melee singles) meant more player's showing up they why not give it a shot?

Banks

Smash Hero
so are enough people going to this to make it so I'm not playing against the people who come with me

lol jk, but I'm bumping this so that people know it exists

Darkdragoon, spife, yedi and MOP will be here most likely since they were about to have a smashfest at WPI and had no idea about this

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
should be comin to this tomorrow, think i'll enter since it's only 5 bucks

Banks

Smash Hero
We got word that this was cancelled, so we drove home from CT. We didn't have a computer so we couldn't really check, but there is no post that indicates that.

If it really was rescheduled 1) the day before it happened 2) no one posted it and 3) you decided to put it on the same weekend as RoM

lol @ horrible decision trifecta, and we wasted lots of time driving to housing and trying to find out what was going on

if it wasn't rescheduled, then it sucks we won't be there

=/

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so

lets see if we go to this tomorrow

uair you at herman

request somebody to somebody

my ***** andrew knoqs what im sayins

Top Bottom