• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Million views for the wombo combo!

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
It finally hit one million. I just wanted to take the time to thank the community for making this happen. The wombo combo help take what I feel was a dying community and bring it back to life. Even my friends and co workers who have never played melee in there lives come up and ask me. "Hey ever heard of that video? Umm the combo wombo or something?" LOL and my question is this

Where were you when the wombo combo happened? =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4

<333

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i had no idea competitive smash existed when it happened

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
Could someone explain to me why the Wombo Combo is so famous? Melee contains lots of cool looking combos; why is it that this one has become so legendary? Thanks!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
completely improvised 2 on 1 combo that was a 0-death to boot

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow, pretty cool that after 2 years, the Wombo Combo has reached a million views on YouTube. I dk where I was or what I was doing when this happened (This was before I really got into the competitive part of smash). :)

Pengie

Smash Lord
Plus the commentary was what put Melee commentary on the map again after MLG. Seriously, there was like an explosion of people doing commentary on matches after that video went up.

EDIT: @KAB1

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yeah Melee commentary is really good and funny nowadays. This combo was a big hit for the world (similar to Michael Jackson's moonwalk but not as big).

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Could someone explain to me why the Wombo Combo is so famous? Melee contains lots of cool looking combos; why is it that this one has become so legendary? Thanks!
You do not explain the wombo combo; the wombo combo explains you.

leffen

Smash Champion
lmfao at saying wombo combo was anything close to improvised.

Although it was ****, it was the commentary that made it legendary

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I was probably SHFFLing a lv 9 Bowser like a nub.

Oh just saying, after me and my friend saw that video, we invented a game where the person to see the other first during the day yells HAPPYFEET! And the loser yells WOMBO COMBO

Yeah. It's interesting to see the reactions of fellow university students, especially when they know what we're talking about

<3 Zhu

mers

Smash Ace
It finally hit one million. I just wanted to take the time to thank the community for making this happen. The wombo combo help take what I feel was a dying community and bring it back to life. Even my friends and co workers who have never played melee in there lives come up and ask me. "Hey ever heard of that video? Umm the combo wombo or something?" LOL and my question is this

Where were you when the wombo combo happened? =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4

<333
I was there.
New signature.

Geist

Smash Master
looool Zhu

I was on smashboards
wishing I was doing something

Those wombo combo gifs came out so fast. That's the one thing I remember lol

Top Bottom