• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PNT and XS Underground presents: V1CE VERSACON: Jan. 8th @ Blakeney in Charlotte, NC

V1CE

Smash Champion
Hey sup fellow stacked senators. I am now down here for good and I moved to Weddington, NC which is just south of Charlotte. I hosted plenty tourneys in NY as KnightMare but i changed my name to V1CE... Now that I am here I am hosting some more tourneys. I know alot of people travel out to Raleigh for tourneys, but i wanna try to expand the smash scene around Charlotte more...

Play N Trade - Blakeney
9816 Rea Rd
Suite 101
Charlotte, NC 28277
Ph: 704.749.1540

Dont worry there will be plenty of room as the room will be cleared of all the game racks. Also there are 5 TV's that are HD TV's... They do probably lag a few frames, BUT the manager said it is totally cool if we bring some of our own TV's so please do so. Power strips will be provided and so will seats.

I will Be using Tio Tournament Organizer for the bracket... not the crappy PNT software so you wont have to worry about getting bracket ***** lol. The managers name is Daryl and he is seriously mad chill with letting me run things my way basically so show him props when you meet him... He is also working on getting you guys cash payouts but if he cant then it will be store credit... He will work out the legalities soon...

TIME:

DOORS OPEN AT 11am
11am-12pm: Friendlies, Practice, Signups
12pm: Doubles Bracket Starts
Approximately 3pm: Singles Bracket Starts
DOORS CLOSE AT AROUND 7pm-8pm.

ENTRANCE:

Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5

Payout:

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

+30 Entrants
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 5%

+50 Entrants
1st 45%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%
5th 5% split

RULES:

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. ) | 100 LGL for teams
Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

THERE IS NO CP RANDOM RULE YOU MUST CHOOSE A STAGE.

Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
Controller Mods are banned
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

ATTENDEE LIST:
V1CE
Kadaj
T0NE
Stingers
Stockfield
Keith
Shady
Sushi
Jon?
HyL!
Snap
DuLL RaZer
BloodLusk
Dragoniota
ZeldaRox
Urlon
Seagull Man
Tantalus
Pink Fresh
Uncle
Crio
mb
Duo
Dublio
dublio's friend
Kackamee
AcesWild
MMF
Tiger

If there is anyone I forgot or if your on the List and not coming let me know!

GUYS PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!! I EXPECT ALL OF YOU TO BE HERE!!

GET HYPE NC!!!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Little story about these "tournaments", to those of you so uninformed.

The last tournament that I attended there was a FFA, Four player, with items on, on a created stage, best 4/7

Unless they are vastly overhauled in a good way, I don't expect I'll be going to one.

I happen to be good friends with like 80% of the PnT employees. I'm long friends with Blake and Eric(Stongers knows Eric). They're all fairly chill people, with the exception of one douchebag.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
in response to kadaj......it would have to make financial sense to them though. If only a few people show up to these (I hope to attend as many as I can but I can't speak for everyone) and they only seem to get in the way of the second tourney they'll probably drop these as quick as keith dropped diddy (lol j/k keith)

V1CE

Smash Champion
Little story about these "tournaments", to those of you so uninformed.

The last tournament that I attended there was a FFA, Four player, with items on, on a created stage, best 4/7

Unless they are vastly overhauled in a good way, I don't expect I'll be going to one.

I happen to be good friends with like 80% of the PnT employees. I'm long friends with Blake and Eric(Stongers knows Eric). They're all fairly chill people, with the exception of one douchebag.
I talked to the store manager Daryl... We had already agreed it would be my rules and my tournament! He will make tones of money. These tourneys will be redone my way. I do them legit. He agreed to most of everything since i bring professionalism to the table... The only thing i have to work on with him is cash payouts and not store credit... This is possible just gonna take some time. He said we can even bring our own tv's if you dont wanna use the lag ones.

Btw if you went there and know the place where are you located... We should play soon... I never heard of you.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This should only be 30-40 minutes away from UNCC, which is great. There's a high chance that a decent bunch of us will come.

Foxy

Smash Master
Really like the sound of these! If it's a larger store and the manager is really making this effort to run legitimate tournaments for publicity, and if you can do a good job with it yourself, I think these could be awesome.

I'm pretty sure I will make plans to come whenever the first one happens to be.

EDIT: I also have been to a handful of Play N Trade tournaments for Smash up at a few in North Raleigh, all were at least watched over or ran by a friend of mine who is VERY casual at Smash but still makes an effort with what he understands, since he knows me and has seen me play and my tournaments he appreciates the scene. Some of them were still a little wack, but nothing unexpected, rules like FD only for both games, choosing one character for the tournament, so on. But they all had the right stocks/time and some of them even had bo3 sets and/or double elim brackets, so especially considering 90% of the entrants wouldn't understand regular tournament rules anyways, I thought they were fun and not run horribly. Honestly the worst thing about the ones I have attended was using just 1 or 2 TV's there, and them being maximum lag LCD's, and not being allowed to bring my own setup. But for tournaments that small, not a big deal. If they had been a bigger store and with over 20 entrants at any of them, probably would have been run properly, so I'm expecting at least a decent tourney.

Foxy

Smash Master
and honestly the hdtv's are alright, we just need component cables, which hopefully they have or can provide since it's a store that should be selling them. =P
otherwise i know like at least 2 people have sets of component cables.

depending on how many people would plan to attend, you can expect anywhere from 1 to 4 tv's and wii's brought by other people (which isn't much but considering you already have some setups, people won't be trying as hard to bring them).

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
thats not the attitude! Lets play sometime... where u at?
Lol. I'm just a guy who likes to smoke a lot of illegal stuff, and play melee.

I live in Fort Mill, South Carolina. I work in Charlotte though, it's like 10 minutes away.

I think we've actually met before, btw.

V1CE

Smash Champion
Lol. I'm just a guy who likes to smoke a lot of illegal stuff, and play melee.

I live in Fort Mill, South Carolina. I work in Charlotte though, it's like 10 minutes away.

I think we've actually met before, btw.
what really? where do you work???? i used to smoke... but im trying to quit... i played melee but now i only care about brawl... i live in weddington so um if your close dude we should play... i dont know alot of people. so if you want to chill let me know... my fb is steve vice romenick add me

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'll play some brawl I guess.

But I love melee long time.

Weddington is like... 30-40 minutes from me, IIRC. I know the owners of all the Play N Trade stores in the Charlotte area, and they live in weddington, I think.

Foxy

Smash Master
To help you when you ask for dates, here are all of the upcoming weekends and tournaments in NC:

11/6 - Pause and Play
11/13 - Duke (Brawl) / Getting In The Green (Melee)
11/20 - (open weekend)
11/27 - (open weekend)

Well after looking it seems there wasn't much to tell you. xD

Just this and next weekend have tournaments, otherwise there's nothing scheduled past the next weekend. I will probably use one of those dates for another NCSU, or maybe even another week later. But I don't know yet, feel free to use whatever weekend you want since you have an actual store to schedule with

V1CE

Smash Champion
Thanks Dark Hart... idk if I know you tho but i cant wait to play all of you... This is my new name and um yaaa I gotta wait till tomorrow to call... the guy i need isnt in on weekends.

*CT*

Smash Lord
January is awhiles away, if I get my **** sorted through, I might come to this. (I do have a few bro's up in the UNCC area)

Top Bottom