• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projet Doppelganger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
-You know how some fighting games have a special/secret character wich uses the moves or the fighting style of the other characters?-

Well this is what Project Doppelganger wants to acomplish with Smash!

Now let me explain how the character will be done:

I want this to be a community project so the complete character, from moveset to texture, will be decided by all of you in this forum.
Also i dont know nothing about BrawBox or PSA so, yes! the depelopment of the character will also be made by ayone who is interested. In fact my only work here is to serve as moderator of the project, i'll manage the different phases of the votation for the moveset, and the depelopment and testing of the final character.

1). In the first phase we will create a 5 character tier list for each move and property, we will make these lists one at the time until we decide the best 5 jabs, the best 5 side throws, the best 5 jumps, etc...

This way the selection of the moves is easier by limiting our options to the best. Each of you can propose a list and that will count as your vote or you can vote for an already proposed list. When you propose a list you must explain why you selected those 5 moves as the best.

2). In the second phase we will make the moveset using the moves and properties of the tier lists in a way in wich every chracter from the roster is included

In this phase we will discuss wich move and property will be in our moveset, we will focus on the quality of each move and property individually, its iconic value in smash and the synergy with the rest of the moveset. You can expect we'll end up using Sonic's run speed and C. Falcon's knee of justice

Our moveset will be made of the best and only the best moves in the game, synergy comes later, this way our moveset will be very representative of the roster
Example: maybe Mario's dtilt has very good synergy with Marth's fsmash, but when the moveset is done it will feel like if Mario was missing cause nobody ever uses his dtilit when playing him, so insted we will see the better dtilts in the game and use the one with most synergy.

Each character must have one move or property in the moveset, so if Snake has the best Ftilt and Utilt we'll use one or another and the second best of the other's list

3). In the third phase we will give form to the character in BBox and PSA, and will test 3 or 4 configurations of the movesest

We will use a very basic model as our base (i had though Tabuu's model or an alloy model) and then all the animations have to be ported

Here is where i need most help, we need people experience in smash hacking, our final character will have all tipe of moves, it could morph, take a sword out of nowher, grow wings and who knows what else
We will test various configurations of the moves and properties of the moveset until we decide wih is the best and final moveset

4). In the last phase we will style our character, we'll run a texture contest and a name contest to give our creation its own identity

So anyone interested???

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Interesting, but this belongs in the request thread of Customized Content, unless you have made progress, in which case just move it to Customized Content

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If you're not going to be directly doing anything for the project, you shouldn't make a thread.

If I don't have any modpowers, I shouldn't be talking like I can lock the topic.

>.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom