• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tommy_G's clubhouse tournament: Celebrating Xaltis' 19th birthday. 11/20/2010

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Hey everyone in the FL smash community. You've probably heard for some time I've been wanting to hold a tournament. Well, I might actually get off my *** and hold one. There are going to be a lot more rules than usual because of all of the amenities. There isn't anything that you guys and girls would have trouble adapting to.

This isn't only a tournament because I just randomly decided to hold one. There's a special occasion going on at this tournament. Some might know him as the Sonic kid who plays Falco, some might know him as the random fun guy at tournament, and some might even know him as the gif posting phenom on smashboards. This is the one and only, Xaltis....I was going to say his full name, but I think he'd kill me if I did that. Everyone should come out to support the best Falco Florida has to offer at his 19th birthday bash.
[highlight]

Date: November 20th, 2010
Time: 10:00 am-11:00 pm
9050 SW Pennsylvania Ave
Stuart, FL 34997[/highlight]

Here are the pictures of the venue...yeah I know, I need to learn how to take better pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109046&id=603443989&l=946b7c4a80

This venue is my neighborhood clubhouse. Ima be straight forward with all of you and let you know that there's a straight amount to rent for one day and $200 down for damages that I get back if nothing is damaged. I'll be willing to put $200 of my own money for you as long as everyone promises to not get too crazy.

There is a form I need everyone to sign when they arrive to assure everyone's safety.
The tldr(too long; didn't read) version of this form will be something along the lines of: 'you are responsible for anything you break.' There will be an indemnification clause stating 'if you hurt yourself, it's not my fault.'
Here's the **** I had to go through:
http://www.riverforestpoa.org/files/Clubhouse_Reservation_Agreement_rev_06-29-09.pdf
Ignore the max of 8 hr thing. They said I can have it all day.

[highlight]$5 door fee
because I can...and
$10 for Singles entry
$20 for Doubles entry, $10 per person.
The driver of a full car does not have to pay door fee.
[/highlight]
Payouts will be to the top 10% of the people entering rounded down.
If 30 people go. it'll be top 3: 60- 30- 10
If 40 people go, it'll be top 4: 55- 30- 10- 5
If 60 people go, it'll be top 5: 47.5-25- 10- 7.5- 5&5
If 80 people go, itll be top 7: 45- 22.5-10- 7.5- 5&5- 2.5&2.5
I will edit the payouts later to fix some of the inconsistencies.
[Collapse=The Rules of the Tournament(Shamelessly copied from ESAM's monthly thread. Lolz sue me.]

Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.

Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.

Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.

Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.

In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.

If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.

Gameplay:

No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.

No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).

No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.

(Modified) Pausing will result in the forfeit of a stock unless agreed to.

No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.

Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

(Modified) Rock Paper Scissors will be used to determine who gets to pick their port. The winner of RPS will choose his port first. He then strikes the first 4 stages. The loser of RPS will then strike 4 of the remaining stages, determining the first match of the set.

In the 2v2 Event, the winner of RPS choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.

Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.

After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.

The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.

After the Stage a Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.

If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.

Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Team Attack = On

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

[/Collapse]

Next part: We need setups. I can't stress this enough. In order for everyone to be able to play friendlies after the tournament, we NEED setups.

Total TVs:
Tommy_G: 3.5
.....the 0.5 is a small TV that will most likely be used for friendlies before any other.
Tommy_G flatscreen: 1
It's a pretty small TV too and without component cables, it'll lag.
TheJoey(Maybe): 1
Xaltis(Maybe): 1
Seibrik(Maybe): 3
Snipa(Maybe): 1
Total: 10.5

Total Wiis:
Tommy_G: 1
Xaltis: 1
Dfear: 1
Seibrik: 1
Snipa: 1
2link: 1
Total: 5

Sleeping room:
Let's say you're amazing so you get to the venue at 7am, go crazy in the pool, smash bros. it up, and eat...and then you realize, you're really ****ing tired.
But wait, it's only 4pm!?! There's no way that can be right.

Rest assured, Tommy_G's got you covered. Pun intended.

I will have blankets and a 1 inch thick queen size memory foam pad along with blankets and pillows for your comfort. This will be placed in a room big enough to hold 3 people sleeping comfortable and a pitch black dark room. Bring a night light if pure darkness isn't your thing, but you still want to sleep.

Pool:
There is a clean pool there, so bring Swimming stuff and a towel. I do not have a towel for you if you forget one.
You cannot come inside if you are wet from being in the pool in order to protect all of the electronics.

Other Amenities:
There is a huge tube(no lag) tv for top power ranking matches and Grand Finals.
There are 2 water fountains.
There are nice bathrooms. (Men and Women bathrooms)
There is a shower in the bathrooms and everyone must respect the privacy of others.
There are plenty of free parking spaces.
There are over 100 chairs and 20 tables.
A nice lake to take your sweetheart for a walk during sunset.
There is space. Maximum Occupancy of the main room is about 180 people.
McDonald's, Wendy's, and Subway is relatively close by. There's even a Cracker Barrel(insert white joke here.) I believe there's a Dunkin' Donuts around there too.
In the words of Seibrik: "Holy ****, this place would be good enough for a state wide tournament."

I will try to get food if there are enough people attending. Ask anyone who went to my smashfest for more details about how that went last tournament.

Interested/Attendance list:
1. Tommy_G
2. Xaltis
3. Gallax
4. TheJoey
5. Dfear
6. Mech
7. Viper
8. Mink
9. Dtorr
10. hiROI
11. Afro_Thundah
12. HRNut
13. Kyon
14. Yummynbeefy
15. 2link121
16. GDX
17. Gallax
18. Gindler
19. 2-DJeff
20. NickRiddle
21. Lolilovesrain
22. Snipa
23. Craig
24. Galeon
25. DC
26. Chaz
27. MVD
28. BONESAW
29. Serg
30. Action Basterd
31. LadyLegion

Cars:
From SFL
Tommy's Car:
Chaz
Taylor
Craig
Joey

Justin's Car:
Brianna
Shaky
C
Snipa

Dfear's car:
DC
?????
?????
?????

Seibrik's car:
MVD
2link(Maybe dfear's car)
Bonesaw
Serg

Afro's car:
?????
?????
?????
?????
(trirail willing)

From CFL

Action *******:
Dtorr
Christine
?????
?????

Gallax:
GDX
?????
?????
?????

From WFL(Tampa and Ft Myers)

FGCU Viper:
Mech
Mink
?????
?????
^^^^ Pranked until they announce they can make the short drive for one of the best venues in Florida.

Tampa?

I will not waive entry fee for those with setups; however, when there cannot be any more tournament matches played because the next matches depend on the results of the current matches, you have ultimate priority over what game will be played on your Setup. Whether it be Smash 64, TMNT: Smash up, SF4, Rock band, Blaz blue, Guilty Gear, Melee, or even Pokemon Puzzle League
Subscribe to it so it keeps reminding you if you're interested and don't post on it.

Birthday HYPE.

Results:
[collapse=Doubles bracket and placings]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Singles bracket and placings]
[/collapse]

Two-Ell

Smash Master
The link to the venue pic is broken. This looks like fun though. I'll add the listing for this later D:

Edit: Oh I think it's because you have the album set to private is why I can't see it.

:rosalina:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The link to the venue pic is broken. This looks like fun though. I'll add the listing for this later D:

Edit: Oh I think it's because you have the album set to private is why I can't see it.

Edited and fixed. Check it out.

gallax

Smash Hero
Tommy, it depends if gdx drives too or exdeath. Gdx would probably have kyon and hrnut with him. I would have gindler and possibly radix and raz. The others that would more than likely be down to come to this thing r exdeath, dtorr, ramen, and hiroi. We could potentially bring a lot of people to this.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ooh I just read the OP. So this is your first time being a TO huh? I hope you have fun with this and it runs smoothly.

Xaltis you're a scorpio huh? same lol. My bday is Nov. 8

Edit: sexy venue you have there.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Tommy, it depends if gdx drives too or exdeath. Gdx would probably have kyon and hrnut with him. I would have gindler and possibly radix and raz. The others that would more than likely be down to come to this thing r exdeath, dtorr, ramen, and hiroi. We could potentially bring a lot of people to this.
It's only 2 hours away. Make it happen. :)
I'll add them if and when they post.

Ooh I just read the OP. So this is your first time being a TO huh? I hope you have fun with this and it runs smoothly.

Xaltis you're a scorpio huh? same lol. My bday is Nov. 8

Edit: sexy venue you have there.

You can just come. Then you'd see how well its run. It's my first tournament, but I've held a smashfest in the same fashion.

Oh something else, there is an extremely small playground outside and a basketball court. Bring a ball and you're welcome to play.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
They're being transcoded at this very moment and I've already gotten a few of them online(unlisted though since I didn't put the names on them yet and want to get everything up at once). Sorry Tommy I want to come, but the Pt. Saint Lucie area is over an hour away from me and I won't be getting a car till Jan. T.T and I don't have much to ask for a drive up there from anyone south of me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i could ride with mike probably, but it would probably be better if i got my own car full of people

i know gary would be down. just have to find 2 more :laugh:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
tommy's tourney> NLL

HONESTLY GUYS CMON! if we can make this happen for both cfl and sfl its THIS TIME. its literally the midway point between us : [. tourney success = more tournies.

if we want real brackets, real venue, real tommy, real food, real comfort, real reality then **** nll goto this ****!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm not going to **** talk the competitors here. It's not my style.

Everyone knows what I have to offer the community as a tournament host because my the blunt details in the OP. I'm here to give the smashers what they need to have a great time together in a comfortable environment.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i'll have to ask NLL if they can push back the tourney to another date. I still like NLL for the convenience and id like both tourneys to take place still in november

gallax

Smash Hero
Gdx u and gary always have first priority in my car(right behind gindler of course). So just let me know. It would actually be a good idea to get confirmed going to this so we cna plan on whos taking who.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Lol Xaltis I just heard from Jack that apparently we have the same birthday. I assumed yours was on the 20th or something because of the tourney D:

good **** lol

Top Bottom