• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talwind's Tournament

Talwind

Smash Cadet
***RESULTS THREAD***

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292887

Freaking Philadelphia, theres never any tournaments here anymore. So I was like F it, Might as well try something. Spur of the moment thing, I couldnt even think of a name so I stole the name idea and most of this thread from GOTM
its cool I know him
Chibo's helping me do this thing too.

Date

Saturday
December 4th, 2010

Venue

La Salle University (1900 W. Olney Ave)
La Salle Union, Music Room(2nd Floor)
Philadelphia, PA 19141

Obviously most of those chairs will be gone to free up room, The room is bigger than it looks, apparently it can hold like 100 people, but i doubt ill get even half that to come lol.

Directions
I am not good at telling directions at all so if you are driving there, Google Maps can explain it better than me but I'll try my best to answer questions. If you're taking the public transport in Philly, you can get on the Septa Northbound subway train to Olney TC, from there you can walk a bit west down Olney Ave and you'll see a gate opening to the school. If its not open(I'm not sure it opens on weekends) you can just keep walking turn the corner and go through the car driveway on the left.

http://www.lasalle.edu/campusmap/Campus_Map_2010_Sept.pdf

This is a map of our campus, and the tourney would be at 48.

Parking
If you look at the map to the far left theres a big parking lot that isnt too far from the venue, if you're lucking u can find a parking spot in front of the university where that gate entrance is.

My Contact Info

Phone : 6093385834(just text me plz)
AIM : TalwindeX
Email: deryced1@student.lasalle.edu

I respond best to email

Contact me if your running late, etc.

Entry Information

Venue Fee: $3
Doubles - $5/person, $10/team
Singles - $10/person

Not bad right
Payout

I'll pay out more than top 3 if we get enough people. I don't want to make any promises yet though. This all depends on how many people show up the day of. Same goes for teams. There will probably be some scrubs that enter from the university, so yeah..more money for the pot.

Schedule

Alright guys, we have this venue from like 10am - 11pm. I want to try and get through everything as fast as possible and if everything is done by like 9, I want people to try and leave so we make a good impression for next time. Here's the schedule:

10am - 12pm : Friendlies and Doubles Registration
12pm - 3pm : Doubles Tournament
3pm - 7pm : Singles Tournament
7pm - 10pm : Draft Crews (time permitting)

Towards the end of doubles or whenever you have time, feel free to sign up for singles so we don't have to set aside time just for people to pay for singles, that would be a waste. If we're going to do draft crews, once again we'll start setting this up during the end of singles.

Setups
The venue can provide me with two or three CRTs and I have a Wii and melee. Obviously we're gonna need more than that. I want to have like 8 setups at this thing, at least. Bring everything you can, no matter what. Surge protectors, TV's, cubes/wii's, copies of smash, everything. You bring a full setup, I'll waive the venue fee.

Setups

Me(x3 TVs, 2 Wiis, 3 Melee)
Chibo(x3 TVs, 1 Cube, 1 Melee)
Bones0(x 2Tvs, 2 Cube/Wii, 2 Melee)?
Ranmaru( 1 Cube, 1 Melee)

Who's Coming

Me
Chibo
GOTM(50%)
No Cash
Pakman?
Pakman's girlfriend
Eggm
prog?
Deathknight
Ranmaru?
Meximadnez
AztecKing
Flizz
Kyuu
Bones0?
Aicila
Vorosh
Toushi?
m2k?
holy ****
TUSM
stric 9
Cactuar

Rules

Please, no stupid ****.
No drinking or smoking inside the venue.
No illegal activities. I know the melee communities pretty mature so there shouldnt be any probs.

Standard MBR ruleset. Wobbling banned.

EVERYBODY COME.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
talwind who are you? are you that dennis kid i heard about a while ago? we deff gotta play.

il be here btw.

GOTM

Smash Champion
talwind is m2k. he changed his name once he got banned from dallas cuz he couldnt take it anymore.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Interested. I am throwing a party for Ultimate Jim that day, but I might be able to make doubles.

Who wants to team with my Yoshi?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hmm, LaSalle? Do I want to get jumped/*****/stabbed when I could do that at Temple?

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Why did M2k get banned from MLG Dallas? Also, doesn't he live in the midwest now? Anyways, as long as the parking is free, I'll be in attendence.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
talwind who are you? are you that dennis kid i heard about a while ago? we deff gotta play.

il be here btw.
I dont think so lol. I'm not well known at all.

I just updated the Who's coming a bit with from what understand from the previous posts. Just tell me if I'm wrong or anything.

Also yeah...I need setups so if you can bring any, please let me know.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cool. This means that this could be 1/2 tournaments for melee ranking in PA? @ Chibo.
(I'll be aiming for mid-december for my tourny)

I don't know if I'll have money for this, but I'll try to go. : ]

Can you take the Broad street line to this?

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Cool. This means that this could be 1/2 tournaments for melee ranking in PA? @ Chibo.
(I'll be aiming for mid-december for my tourny)

I don't know if I'll have money for this, but I'll try to go. : ]

Can you take the Broad street line to this?
Yeah its the Olney stop which is right before Fern Rock, I think my directions part of the first post kinda explains it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My bad, I just never saw it worded in that way that I just thought of it as some Septa Bus xD. (or Trolly)

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Yo, if USA comes i'd freakin' flip, I gotta see that link.

I haven't seen Shakugan, Toushi, or Tensai in awhile neither. They should come.

who am i teaming with? talwind? gotm? ultimascout? other tos member?
I dont know man, If we do team we might just sweep this whole thing. Its just not even fair.
You see what I see there? I'm trying to bring up hype by producing competitive spirit or rivalry amongst individuals attending this event. HO HO HO I'm pretty clever

Also, SETUPS. We need more systems and games to play obviously lol.

Also...um..I want more people to come, so tell your friends who will in turn tell their friends etc. I'm not too well known in the community, so I don't really wanna start randomly shootin IM's to people I dont know, and they will then proceed to tell me to **** off in some type of general manner.

So yeah prog, if you're coming then you would ask CanISmash(I still remember this guy) if he wants to come.

Philly needs to step its Melee game up.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
aight we got this calendar piece on here we out

btw me and talwind r winning teams

btw this will be the return of chibo v tag

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Looks like I even got old ToS members to come lulz. Updated OP with their names.

SETUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Apparently representatives from Temple U will be coming to showcase the Microsoft Kinect at this event for whatever reason, this wont take up a setup or anything like that so dont worry about that.

So if you guys are interested in that as well, come try it out and tell your friends.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha Kinect even has games from Mcdonalds. **** THAT. I won't play something I could get from a happy meal.

But yeah I'll laugh with you Chibo. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wouldn't be able to tech unless I was fit if it came to kinect.

Bones0

Smash Legend
CF would become even more fun to play. Moonwalking, stomp -> knees, falcon punches, and even taunting would be hella funny! (I would want to see DSW's moonwalk lol)

July

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely coming to this, and I know my friend Vorosh said he would definitely like to come too. I'm going to spread the word about this around my campus, philly ftw :)

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Alright we're coming in the home stretch folks, I dont expect anymore TV's to come in, but we need to atleast match the ones we have with playable systems lol.

I need 3 more systems with melee, I might be able to get another TV so maybe even 4. If you can provide it, please tell me as soon as you can.

MELEE

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
who am i teaming with? talwind? gotm? ultimascout? other tos member?
No love Chibo :( Doesn't matter cause can't make it massive Johns Grandpas 90th bday 1 yr anniversary with GF and companies Christmas dinner. Looks forward to ones in future... Pakman me and my gf would have beaten u and ur gf :) jk

Top Bottom