• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Preservation | Toronto, Ontario | December 4th 2010 | LIVESTREAM IS UP!

GTA Smash Co.

Smash Rookie
GTA Smash Co. Presents

"The Preservation"

vvv LIVESTREAM vvv

http://www.justin.tv/nekonekoxd#/w/615882496

We disappeared, we just had our revival and now Tin Man and Gichan will be joining forces from now on officially to present you tournaments at TFNS or other locations. You saw the hype at the last tournament and it won't stop there. So you better bring your friends, bring yourselves, and bring your **** cause we ****** everyone up in here (GTA).

TFNS
1444 Dupont St. Unit 15
Toronto On M6P 4H3

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Amateur Singles: $5

Payout:

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5 (x2)

IF attendance too low (which may be the case) it will be changed to 60/30/10/$10/$5/$5

Schedule:
10am: Doors open
10:30am: Registration starts
11:30am: Registration stops
12pm: Events begin

Food: There is a Piri Piri restaurant that sells pretty good food in the immediate vicinity. Just a bit more is a bar that sells burgers and other manly foods. Two blocks down there is a Caldense Bakery from which I recommend the "Tosta Mista" or Chicken Sandwich. Finally, there is a McDonald's which is around a 15 minute walk away.

Directions from TTC transit:
If you are coming by TTC you have either the option to get off and Lansdowne STN and take the 47 north to Dupont and just walk 2 mins west

or

You can get off at Dupont STN and take the 26 going west and get off 1 stop after Lansdowne.

For driving:
Google maps people,

Free parking at venue

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by the G&W hammer rule.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-1 fashion**
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If there is a dispute, the striking order will be decided with the G&W hammer rule.

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege
* Delfino
* Halberd

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
*Jungle Japes
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Norfair
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

General Rules:-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green (inside venue)
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies and MMs. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to decide their team or individual color 1st as well as whether they would like port priority or whether they would like to choose the stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved. The losing party receives the benefit the winning party didn't want. In 1v1, the person who obtained the privilege of port priority will choose their ports 1st. In a 2v2, the party with port priority will have 1 member pick a port 1st and the 2nd member pick a port after both members of the other party have selected their ports.

Amateur Bracket

The Amateur bracket is a bracket for players who were not successful enough in pools to make the Pro bracket. This event allows players to continue their tournament experience even after they have been eliminated from pools. The requirements to enter the Amateur bracket are as follows:

1. You must be eliminated from pools, therefore not qualifying for the Pro bracket
2. You Must pay a $5 entry fee that will go towards the Amateur bracket pot.

The Payout of the Amateur bracket will be 60/30/10.

Staff:

GTA Smash Co. (Gichan & Tin Man)

Wii + Brawl:

Gi x1
Patches x1
Tin Man x2
fUddO x1
Pragmatic x1
Phiddlesticks x1
Mprime x1
Rhyme x1
SkylerSilver x1
Zef x1
LooftWaffles x1
HrcPoke x1

T.Vs:

Phiddlesticks x1
Tin Man x4 (maybe)
Gi x2
Raidos x2
AvariceX x1
Mprime x1
Rhyme x1
Jerk x1
HrcPoke x1

Power bars:

Gi x2
Patches x1
Tin Man x1 +3 Extension
HrcPoke x2

Epicness:

Jasuke: Projector (With Tin Man's 13" TV for sound)
nekonekoXD: Livestream (hopefully we can get it up this time :ohwell:)

Attendance List:

1. Gichan
2. Tin Man
3. AvariceX
4. LooftWaffles
5. Patches
6. Jasuke
7. Mprime
8. Culex (da legend)
9. .decoy
10. Zetsubou (maybe)
11. HrcPoke
12. Iliad
13. tdawg
14. Dinner
15. Pragmatic
16. jabu_jabu
17. Skharr
18. Zerodigon
19. Phiddlesticks
20. GUARD (maybe)
21. Zef
22. Coastward
23. Basics
24. Raidos
25. SkylerSilver
26. Supreme Dirt
27. Supreme Dirt +1
28. Supreme Dirt +2
29. Rhyme
30. Ally
31. Holy
32. nekonekoXD
33. nipples of the north
34. Ambrose
35. Puffmaster
36. Jerk
37. Toronto Joe
38. Cohen
39. Cohen +1
40. Niko K
41. Karthig

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll be there.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege
* Delfino
* Halberd

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
*Jungle Japes
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Norfair
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else
Gotta say I really like this stagelist but what I especially loved was how accepting everyone was of it at the last tourney. Such a varied list made things more interesting and really these local tourneys are the perfect place to use such a liberal stagelist to be more prepared when we travel to bigger tourneys.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
This rule is really really cool. Was this in place last time too?

Patches

Smash Master
Confirm me with my Wii, Brawl, and power bar.

Laptop if needed, once again.

Edit: I dunno if I'm doing dubs yet.

Anyone wanna partner up? No Lucario this time. lol

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Yo ill come and you know my sexy projector will be there with me XD

Mprime

Smash Ace
I'll do what i can to make sure i do not work that day so i can attend this one, i most likely will show up ; ). The last one was my best placement and i had the most fun at that tourney out of everyone I have been to. I don't believe my brother will be able to show up though but my friend tdawg should be showing up.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Posting for acknowledgement, as the date comes closer, I'll see about attendance

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i agree with avarice, i love the stagelist. i like how it has a lot of stage variety without making some of the more ridiculous counterpicks like green greens/port town legal

also next tournament im gonna make sure to have a piece of tape on my tv telling people to save all replays, i shouldve done that last tourney because i only got 8 replays saved all day (and half of those are friendlies). i recommend other people with infinite replays on their wii do the same.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
These are getting frequent! I still can't make this Saturday tournament, (Hoping for a date change) but if the next one happens during Christmas vacation, I'll be able to attend.

Have fun everyone!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Of course I'm in. Gonna place above last this time. My goal is to win at least 2 sets.

I'm going to throw up a group on facebook for the gta smash scene, hopefully get us more players that way.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I love the incentive Dirt, please keep that group active!

Good to hear you guys like the neutrals cause I personally fcking loved them, made sets much much more intersting and fun to watch. Get ***** brose by castle siege.

Mprime

Smash Ace
put tdawg on the attendance list as well for a maybe he will come for sure if i come along which again i most likely am!

jabu_jabu

Smash Cadet
I'll do what i can to make sure i do not work that day so i can attend this one, i most likely will show up ; ). The last one was my best placement and i had the most fun at that tourney out of everyone I have been to. I don't believe my brother will be able to show up though but my friend tdawg should be showing up.
thank god your brother isn't coming
he ***** me last time

put me as coming

Tin Man

Smash Hero
NEW RULE! (outdated, look 3 posts down)

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to choose controller ports and stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
NEW RULE!

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to choose controller ports and stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved.
Im disappointed by the lack of RPS.
This is on the week of my birthday (18 huuzzah!) Im not sure if Im coming. :/

.decoy

Smash Ace
why are there not two rolls?
previous there were 2 RPS games to decide these two things.

alternatively the winner of the roll should gain the benefit of choosing which s/he wants to pick first (stage striking or port).

by having only 1 roll you are giving the winner twice the benefit he previously had (and as such the losert comes out equally worse by comparison.

consider a soccer game. a coin is flipped (random chance) and the winner gets to choose side or ball. the loser gets that which the winner does not choose. the winner still gets the benefit of picking first, but s/he doesn't obtain both benefits.

what do you think.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Sounds hella legit. Imma add a lil something something for the winner tho

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to decide their team or individual color 1st as well as whether they would like port priority or whether they would like to choose the stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved. The losing party receives the benefit the winning party didn't want. In 1v1, the person who obtained the privilege of port priority will choose their ports 1st. In a 2v2, the party with port priority will have 1 member pick a port 1st and the 2nd member pick a port after both members of the other party have selected their ports.

.decoy

Smash Ace
Sounds hella legit. Imma add a lil something something for the winner tho

it is going to be really interesting to see how this plays out in tourney

Top Bottom