• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSU Smash Tournament(Melee, Brawl) November 19th!

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Tournament Details:

Date: 11/19/21010
Time: 10 PM until whenever (Yes this is a night tournament)

Cost:
Melee and Brawl Singles: $5
Melee and Brawl Teams: $10 per team, $5 per person
(Prices could change based on popular opinion)

Payout:
Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

Tentative Schedule:
Melee and Brawl Singles start at about 11 PM
Melee and Brawl Doubles start whenever singles are over

Melee Rules:

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle

General Rules
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System
Blind Picks character selection.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
The first match is played.
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
The winning player of preceding match picks character.
The losing player picks character.
The next match is played.
Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

This is my first tournament so please leave feedback on what should be changed.

AiB Page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11029

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Tyler do you know how to contact Tuen? You should tell him about this and ask him if he wants to help host Brawl.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I do, and I will later tonight. If you want I can give you his phone number. And You may want to put this on aib if you want brawl attendance.

As for rules, since I didn't mention, five bucks seems good since it'll be nighttime and people won't all be at their prime, so less money would be less to fret about. As for the schedule, I know some of the brawl people give hissy fits about needing doubles before singles. I couldn't care less, but be prepared for that.

keeper

Smash Champion
I would greatly enjoy being able to go to this if at all possible considering I'm a massive night owl as is. =D

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I just got an update and we may only have the venue until 3 am. This is why singles is happening first, because we might only have time for singles. So don't get mad if doubles don't happen.

debaser

Smash Lord
I just got an update and we may only have the venue until 3 am. This is why singles is happening first, because we might only have time for singles. So don't get mad if doubles don't happen.
how are you swinging this venue g?

/veiled question

can it be melee only?...XD.

:|

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
how are you swinging this venue g?

/veiled question

can it be melee only?...XD.

:|
OSU Gaming club got this venue for a Console LAN, and Smash Brothers is just part of it.

Personally, I would prefer Melee only because of the time constraints, but there was enough interest in the gaming club for Brawl so we are doing that as well. If enough people show up for an event, we are doing it.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
OK, just got ANOTHER UPDATE. Turns out Arnold is closed the Following day so we have the venue for as long as we need.

Top Bottom