• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smashing up the town!!!

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
Wurtland, KY 41144-7493
Directions can be given if needed :)

Times
(depending on entrants)
Sign-ups: 10:30 am
Doubles starts: 12:00 pm
Singles starts: About 3:30/4:00
Venue closes at: 9:00pm (pending)

Money
Venue fee = $5
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per team

Payout
depending on number of entrants
1st: 48%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Food
we can order foods from somewhere and go pick it up or whatever there will be a break for food time between doubles and singles......

Rulez
•3 Stock
•8 minute timer
•Items are set to "off" and "none"
•All sets are best of three
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5
•In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (RPS)
•No player may choose the stage they last won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
•In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose a port first, then the opposing team will get their port choices, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port choice.
•Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
•If a game ends from a suicide move then the match will end as per the results screen. In the event of a tie, play an overtime game.
•You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions (or malfunctions), it must be agreed upon by both parties. If a Wii remote runs out of batteries the current game will continue unpaused.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing will be allowed
•If time runs out the winner will be determined in the follow order:
1. If one of the two players exceeded an edge grab limit of 35 the other player automatically wins.
2. If no one exceeds edge grab limit then player with the highest stock wins.
3. If stocks are tied then the player with the lowest percentage wins.
4. If both stock and percent are tied then play an overtime match.

•An overtime game is defined as a 2 minute, 1 stock game played on the same stage with the same characters as the tied match. In the event an overtime game ties again, then double overtime will commence. This will continue until a winner is determined.

•No show DQ Rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

•Delay of Game: During a match, if a player spends more than 2 minutes to decide on a stage or character for the next game, then a judge may be called over to hurry the decision up. If a decision is not made in a time frame at the judges discretion, then a loss of the next game will be incurred.

•Infinites most end after 300%. If you are in an infinite and your percent exceeds 320, then your opponent automatically forfeits the current game. This is the percent during the infinite *not* the percent after a KO move is applied and the chain grab ends (example, you can CG to 310% and U-Smash, this would not violate the 320 rule).

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion.

Set format (In Order of Procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Also
the places i am looking at are not going to like cursing at all!!! so watch your mouths plz....

•Stage List
(Starters)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

(counters)
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive

People Going
1. Blindman!!!
2. Fatty
3. smile
4. Forward Air!
5. Ralph Cecil
6. Mister Eric
7. Sole(?)
8. Saviorslegacy
9. BlazingKatakiri
10. Shy Guy (?)
11. The Composer(?)
12. Harley
13. Gabe
14. Joshua
15. piszy (?)
16. john (?)
17. nappa
18. snorlax
19. Hilt (?)
20. Crash (?)
21. poorbear
22. Puke (?)
Set Ups
1.Blindman!
2.Ralph Cecil
3.Forward air
4.Blazing Katakiri
5.Saviorslegacy
Also
There is going to be a Tenkaichi Tourny if anybody feels like it..... and low tier/all random side tourney if time is on our side!

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
oh yea got mister eric!!!!!!!! and yes its in the midddle of nowhere but there are alot of things close to the venue we are geting so yea!!!!! Eric hael and who else u think are going to go?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Side Tenkaichi tourney? =D Huh, huh, HUH!!!!!!!?!???!?!??!

Come to Australia it's really nice......Australia it's really nice......Really nice...You really should come.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Count me in.
I'll ask the other Portsmouth guys.
Also, where is it? I know the area decently since my mother grew up in Greenup and Grandpa still lives there. lol

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm in. Gotta support my region.

...*dots*....Onslaught Falcon/Ganon side-tourney anyone? I got the creator of the hack to remove their invincibility frames on attacks/taunts. ;P

..**** it I still need to record the Onslaught matches from the last tourney. *Opens Studio*

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
it is in the town of greenup close to the Giovanni's and yea!!!! oh and we need a coupl more setups so yeapost if u can bring one

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I can't make any promises because December ruins the store I work at, but I wouldn't mind trying to come out.

Glad to see you guys' scene is growing up. :)

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
ok i am looking at 2 places right now for this to be held at cuz the first place would most likely be to much money cuz the size and that place smells like an ash tray so i am looking at my old church for the place so i will get the adress up for it once i get ahold of the owners of the church...... really hope u can make it hilt

saviorslegacy

If you have it at the church the name should be..... Brawling With Jesus

Hey katakiri I still have you splitter cables. I stuck them in my backpack to give them to you but have failed to remember that I have them whenever I have been around you or down at SSU.

@Blindman
I'll bring my set up.

BTW everyone, Mike has quit smash.

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
We're looking at a few place's for the venue. But we'll have something figured out soon.

If you have it at the church the name should be..... Brawling With Jesus
lol, I likes that name XD
and that sucks about mike... =(

umm, also, is there any hype for a low tier side tourny? Or maybe a random char and stage tourny? Idk if a all random tourny has ever been done before, but the Militia Trinity has had a play around one and it was really fun. Banned stages would be off.
If time permits of course for such side tournys.

ForwardAirRage!

Smash Journeyman
we should have a low tier side tourney :o and poor mike :(. btw u should add harley, gabe, joshua, piszy, john, nappa, and snorlax to the attendance list.

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
ok as smile said we are looking 2 places at the moment im trying to get ahold of the owners an what not to find out which would be better for the tourney....... hael if u come bring ur laptop i want u to make my wii be able to record matchs no matter what and names of people be on recordings or if some else can help with this it would be really great thanks!!!

saviorslegacy

Don't worry, I have a recording set up. I done Delta Upsilons finals.
Also, katakiri and I have hacked Wii's and have the infinite record time hack. If the match times out we can still record it.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Mayne! Jungle Japes AND Green Greens?

My Kirby and Dedede are as happy as Diddy at...every tournament ever!

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
ok iv got the address up for venue and if anybody needs any imfo just message me or smile..... Venue Fee might have to go up to 5 if the church wants it to sorry guys im trying for 3 but idk......

Top Bottom