• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSU Weeklies+Monthlies: 4/21/11

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys big news from Mississippi! We have a legit smash scene! :D

[collapse="Weekly smashfests postponed until next semester"]
EVERY FRIDAY @ 9PM - Weekly Smashfest/Training Session in Griffis 4th Floor

Every Friday at 9PM we'll be hosting a training session in Griffis 4th Floor
[Click Here for a map]
[/collapse]

---

Every other weekend there will be a melee and brawl biweekly tournament, I'll keep the location updated here.

[4/21] - Monthly tournament in Butler Hall (Computer Sciences building)
[Click here for a map]
[PM me if you are going to need help with directions]

-=-Schedule-=-

Registration starts at 6 this time because it's a Tuesday. Not sure how the schedule is going to look beyond that, but we will be selling food this time.

9:00 AM - Brawl Singles Registration
10:00 AM - Brawl Singles Pools, then Brawl Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 PM - Finish Brawl Singles Bracket
2:00 PM - Melee Registration
3:00 PM - Melee Doubles starts
6:00 PM - Dinner Break
7:00 PM - Melee Singles Pools starts, Melee Singles Bracket starts immediately after pools finish

---

As far as money goes, we're trying to keep this as cheap as possible for you guys. If there's enough interest in raising the entry fee, we'll definitely consider it.

$5 Venue fee
$5 Doubles entry fee (per person)
$5 Singles entry fee

For our last monthly this semester there is no entry fee or venue fee :D

Rules

[Melee]

4 Stocks
8 minute time limit
No Items
No wobbling [hand-offs are fine]
No stalling [camping is okay, I guess]
In case of a tie, winner is determined by stock lead. If stocks are tied, percent determines winner. If a miracle happens and both tie, replay the game.
Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect: No player can counter-pick a stage he/she has won on during their current set.

Stages

-Neutral-
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams [1v1 only]

-Counterpicks-
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise

[IMPORTANT] Player's Choice Clause: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, then that is completely fine. For example, if one player wants to play on Mute City and the other player agrees to it then that's all good. However if there is a disagreement, then the house rules stand.

[Brawl]
3 Stocks
8 minute time limit
No items
No infinites past 300%
Metaknight is LEGAL
No standing infinites [Marth/Squirtle grab release on Ness, Dedede dthrow on DK/Samus/etc.]

Stages
-Neutrals-
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza

-Counterpick-
Halberd
Pictochat
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon

Dave's Stupid Rule and Player's Choice Clause is in effect for this game as well. [see above]

---

MS Power Rankings!!!

There will be a point system for the MS power rankings. I'll explain later :O

---

MS Videos!

Winnar's channel - Melee and Brawl videos. Check the Short Clips playlists!

---

Mad props to:
N-Gage - For making a smash scene happen in a smashless state. Too good!
MookieRah - For coming out of retirement and being a good dude :D
CursedYoma - For being the coolest smasher in MS despite playing with no one but computers. Howwwwwwwwww is this guy so good!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
gaw, sunday? what?

lmao, mississippi.

get the hype-dog in here.

ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Winnar

Smash Lord
Sunday for now, we'll see about getting it to Saturday soon. Right now it's football season sooooooo we're kind of competing with that if we host on Saturdays lol

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeah, i asked for that in the LA scene, but apparently NFL is more popular than LSU. blegh. the Saints don't even play on Sundays every week.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
nah, just live in BR and have season tickets. a year and a half and i will be, though

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
if these are still going on once i get to college, then yeah!

my planned first OOS tourney is WHOBO 3. after that, chances for OOS will go up, but i probably wont get to go to small ones like this. who knows

Winnar

Smash Lord
We do plan on doing a really big tournament in early April. I'll make the thread sometime this week :O

But before that we might try to coordinate a lot of people to come out for one of these.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeah, thatll be after whobo. and if i get to go, i can meet the MS scene. if i deem you all cool enough to be in my presence again, ill come back for more. lmao

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ooooh Winnar post in the FL thread when you start the listing for your big tourney so I can add it and have North FL can check it out. Also lol there's no more Blue names now since the SWF TO group has been deleted apparently.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
hee hee. so um... stuff .. i got nothin to add i just wanted to post that im ready to play some more melee. screw brawl its alright but we need to try and find ssb64 players... havent played that game in so long.so ill just stick to playing stadium and improvin my crappy scores... 3;47.xx btt and 50k hrc with half the cast still at 0ft anyone else around herre play stadium ? i need motivation !

btw i can bring a wii and melee whenever i come. i dont have brawl and my tv too much trouble to move. so thats it

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
We (the melee players) should have a side event for Smash 64. I have a couple friends who would be interested, I think. Not necessarily this week, just an idea for future biweeklies.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah if we can get enough setups for 64 then I would definitely be down for hosing an event for it.

If people don't mind playing on a GCN controller on virtual console, we can use mine (one setup)

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i feel dum askin what brawl+ is.. but what is it? also 64 on cube controll sounds nice old joystick kinda stiff anyways. what all is needed to download freom vc ?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Just an internet connection and the wii shop channel. I think it costs $15? Not sure

Or if you're spiffy you can just hack your wii and stuff and get it for free. That's a little trickier though

Anyway, Brawl+ is just a hacked version of Brawl. It's kind of like a hybrid of brawl and melee, and it was pretty fun the last time I played it. I'll have to bust it out sometime

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
is it like those project m vids ? cause they make brawl look fun. and do i need a lan adaptor or the usb connector thingie ? ive been told the lan but im not sure. never been able to hook my old systems up to the internet

Winnar

Smash Lord
No you don't have to hook up the wii to the internet lol Guess I wasn't clear.

Oh, you also need an SD card and an SD card reader.

http://smashmods.com/forum/page/bpinstall.html

There's the instructions for it

Homebrew channel is a thing you'll have if you hacked your wii. If you never hacked your wii, and I'm guessing you haven't, then you won't have it. Follow the instructions accordingly

shanus

Smash Hero
is it like those project m vids ? cause they make brawl look fun. and do i need a lan adaptor or the usb connector thingie ? ive been told the lan but im not sure. never been able to hook my old systems up to the internet
Brawl+ is not project m, so no they aren't similar.

Winnar

Smash Lord
but i can play project m :p

But seriously I was just clarifying to him that they are entirely different games.
Haha, yeah. Any idea if an open alpha/beta might happen in the near'ish future? Come on dude you've been hyping it for so long!

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
lame. i can get off next sunday but nothin happenin. wish i could get a friday or somethin.. but so far if yall havin one on the 18th next month i got that day requested off

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
December 18? Everybody go to Lafayette, LA for TASOL!!!!

Top Bottom