• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple Aerials While Holding Items

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If you use attacks with little ending lag to grab an item, you are able to use another aerial without being forced to throw the item first. Some examples of these attacks are Marth's F-air and Diddy's B-air. It is fairly obvious what the advantages are to using these attacks when trying to pick up items. However, these attacks also come with the disadvantage of not being able throw the item in the air without wasting your double jump.

Today, I found a way to throw an item right after using a low ending lag aerial. All you have to do is press the shield button right after finishing the aerial (the one you used to catch the item) and then hitting the C-stick or attack button. This gives characters with items more options. If your character has items, I suggest you use this.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
It might be somewhat old information, but it's not really documented anywhere readily available for the public to see, so it was a reasonably good move to bring this old information to the front page, since operating with items has become a relevant part of the metagame.

g2g4gold

Smash Cadet
Seriously, how come people keep dismissing stuff as "old", or "been doing it for months whatevs"?

It's good info, and frankly, I didn't know it. It's a community, not a solo mission to master tricks, and I'm grateful.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Seriously, how come people keep dismissing stuff as "old", or "been doing it for months whatevs"?

It's good info, and frankly, I didn't know it. It's a community, not a solo mission to master tricks, and I'm grateful.
This is the only thing that keeps me posting here. If I can teach one person one new thing, then I have done my job

Yikarur

Smash Master
I wanted to talk about that in the SmashLab and why it actually works but nobody was interested in it :(

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
What I want to know is how to do triple item drops, like how record-setting HRCer Sin2324 does it.

Examples: 1 2 3

It could be helpful for characters who use non-exploding items(Peach, ROB, Diddy), as all of their respective items obviously have less knockback than a Home-Run Bat.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Is it useful to know ? Yes.
Is it worth to make a new thread everytime you remember an old/forgotten game mechanic ? Definetely no.

Go do a "common knowledge you should know" thread and put all in it.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
What I want to know is how to do triple item drops, like how record-setting HRCer Sin2324 does it.

Examples: 1 2 3

It could be helpful for characters who use non-exploding items(Peach, ROB, Diddy), as all of their respective items obviously have less knockback than a Home-Run Bat.
Sin pauses.

Top Bottom