• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cypher Jumping (Snake's 3rd Jump)

napZzz

Smash Hero
thats awesome!

this seems related to that thing where you can get a jump back by having your aerial end right as it hits an edge/platform edge or however it works, maybe it applies to specials in soem situations?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Same mechanics that give SJR... awesome....I don't actually think the c4 is a needed part of it, but it certaintly helps.

Can you up-B again afterwards? I'm assuming not since they didn't show it, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't... unless the coding is only giving us our 2nd jump back.

Also it's about **** time Snake got something new. This can be a pretty decent wall...

Also the needed......

Flying snakes? That's ridiculous!

EDIT:
I originally came into this topic to troll the OP saying "It's a footstool. GTFO".

:(

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Same mechanics that give SJR... awesome....I don't actually think the c4 is a needed part of it, but it certaintly helps.

Can you up-B again afterwards? I'm assuming not since they didn't show it, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't... unless the coding is only giving us our 2nd jump back.

Also it's about **** time Snake got something new. This can be a pretty decent wall...

Also the needed......

EDIT:
I originally came into this topic to troll the OP saying "It's a footstool. GTFO".

we've tested it a lot, the exploding animation of the c4 is needed, and You can't up-b again (unless you get damaged somehow).
The c4's exploding animation some how seems to negate the effect of not being able to jump after a up-b.

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice

Also the needed......

EDIT:

Lol actually the C4 IS needed. I don't know why. Brawl's stupid like that. You also cannot Cypher after it.

SuSa

Do you have to be near the C4's exploding animation? Or no. *rewatch vids* small detail but important...

EDIT:
Upon closer inspection of the video. I was right. Now a new question.

Can we just jump off of our C4? O_o... "C4 jumping".... hahahaha

(Similar to Bowser's claw)

So we could C4-->blow up-->jump+c4 ---> blow up --> jump + c4

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Do you have to be near the C4's exploding animation? Or no. *rewatch vids* small detail but important...

EDIT:
Upon closer inspection of the video. I was right. Now a new question.

Can we just jump off of our C4? O_o... "C4 jumping".... hahahaha

(Similar to Bowser's claw)

So we could C4-->blow up-->jump+c4 ---> blow up --> jump + c4
no, you don't have to be near your c4.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
well actually, you might need to be somewhat near the c4, idk. interesting thing is that you can't do this off the stage. at least we couldn't when we we're testing :3.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
this is pretty cool, until you realize you just willingly put yourself into the air where the opponent is free to juggle the **** out of you.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay third jump.

So wouldn't it be possible to do this endlessly? After the 3rd jump, it looks like you should be high enough to drop another C4 and to cypher and keep repeating this process.

SuSa

this is pretty cool, until you realize you just willingly put yourself into the air where the opponent is free to juggle the **** out of you.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay third jump.
Yah. Saw that on AIM, but this may be a screwed up version of SJR... haha

Hm... only works on stage? That's just.

**** Brawl is weird.

@Xeylode
You can't cypher, but after the jump you may be able to c4-drop and try it again.

@kenny
;) I notice small details. It could also explain why it's taken like 2 years to find this. Who blows up their C4 after a cypher that was close to the ground and mashes jump? :awesome:

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
So wouldn't it be possible to do this endlessly? After the 3rd jump, it looks like you should be high enough to drop another C4 and to cypher and keep repeating this process.
No because you cannot cypher after the 3rd jump.

SuSa

Needless to say. Good **** on finding this, and we need to test multiple ways to do this.

We need to test if the Cypher is even needed or if there is some variation of this. (Because cyphering is really dangerous.....)

If you need to be near the C4 or not, which would give us a more global range to do this in.

We need to test if we can keep c4 jumping after the first use. (2nd jump+ drop c4, blow it up + 2nd jump again? At least gives us a mixup from touching the ground...)

Can we do this and time an aerial so that we can SJR that aerial into a second aerial? (Dayyyum... 2 aerials before touching the ground?)

napZzz

Smash Hero
ugh this is so much stuff to figure out

I plan on having a heavy test session tomorrow. but for now, ANIME>BRAWL

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice

Can we do this and time an aerial so that we can SJR that aerial into a second aerial? (Dayyyum... 2 aerials before touching the ground?)
Snake can do 3 backairs after the 3rd jump, only when the cypher takes him really high.

SuSa

Is it only the C4 on the stage or the placement that helps with timing the cypher?

Can I have a C4 on the stage, SH - pull + throw a grenade, Cypher - blow up C4 + 3rd jump?

**** I wish I had a working copy of BAWrl.

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
Is it only the C4 on the stage or the placement that helps with timing the cypher?

Can I have a C4 on the stage, SH - pull + throw a grenade, Cypher - blow up C4 + 3rd jump?

**** I wish I had a working copy of BAWrl.
Yeah you can xD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Does this work offstage?

Does it require timing or can you mash jump during the C4 blast?

SuSa

Yeah you can xD
Yeah I can what?

Have a C4 already placed, SH grenade throw Cypher away, blow up C4, 3rd jump + aerial?

If so this is getting more practical.... this can put up such a ****ing wall...

EDIT:
AIM convo between me and Fino, tl;dred and shared:

"What if it's explosion related? Can you possibly jump off of grenade explosions like the C4 one?"

Doubtful but worth looking into? :s

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I can what?

Have a C4 already placed, SH grenade throw Cypher away, blow up C4, 3rd jump + aerial?

If so this is getting more practical.... this can put up such a ****ing wall...

EDIT:
AIM convo between me and Fino, tl;dred and shared:

"What if it's explosion related? Can you possibly jump off of grenade explosions like the C4 one?"

Doubtful but worth looking into? :s
You can already have a C4 on the ground. SH or FH grenade throw Cypher, blow up c4 and Jump -> Aerial

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
Can you make sure to answer all questions if able? XD Even if it's a "We don't know yet"? (please)

Are you implying that I don't have to be near my C4 or must I be near the C4?
Lol, sorry. You don't need to be near C4 if you Jump-> grenade throw.

SuSa

How about during any other time? oo

Shield Drop Grenade.
Pick it up.
SH Lob/Toss 2nd grenade. (Have C4 be on ground a bit in front of you)
Cypher
First grenade blows up
Blow up C4
Second grenade blows up/near blowing up.
Third jump
Aerial
Land

Oh the possible options and setups with that~

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
How about during any other time? oo

Shield Drop Grenade.
Pick it up.
SH Lob/Toss 2nd grenade. (Have C4 be on ground a bit in front of you)
Cypher
First grenade blows up
Blow up C4
Second grenade blows up/near blowing up.
Third jump
Aerial
Land

Oh the possible options and setups with that~
I believe WAR did something similar to that in the vid.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I have a feeling it's C4 related.

No matter how many times I try it different ways, it HAS to be done with the C4.

Also, you can SH drop C4, land, do stuff, SH cypher, blow up the C4 and still get the second jump back.

Lastly, this works if you sticky someone too. Just played around for a few minutes.... hope you guys figure this out ;o

EDIT: Also, it is REALLY hard to do by yourself, but I'm pretty sure no one else can benefit from the C4 thing. It's not only Snake exclusive, but the Snake who set the C4 (so if you're playing a ditto they can't SJR off your C4). Hopefully someone can test this better though.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i didnt read other peoples posts cos theres 33 worth but i think ur foot has got to like scrape the floor as u schypher up putting snake in the air in some mus thats terrible , but it could suprise some1 trying to get back onstage , however right now i dont see this being useful as it can only be done on stage , when we can do it off stage then it might be more useful xD

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
i didnt read other peoples posts cos theres 33 worth but i think ur foot has got to like scrape the floor as u schypher up putting snake in the air in some mus thats terrible , but it could suprise some1 trying to get back onstage , however right now i dont see this being useful as it can only be done on stage , when we can do it off stage then it might be more useful xD
touching the ground is only needed if you double jumped (to sjr). If you only jump once and up-b, you should still be able to do it w/o touching the ground.

SuSa

I see this being useful on stages where cyphering is a lot safer than usual.

How does this work on Rainbow Cruise and other janky stages? (Since there is a lot of "offstage" for RC...)

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
I'll upload vids of us using it in our matches.
It's serves as a very good wall/mindgames.

Top Bottom