• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ontario Pwn Classic HYPE VS TIN MAN GOING DOWN! RAY KALM AND HOLY ATTENDING

Gichan

Smash Champion
The Ontario Pwn Classic

I have had a big tourney in mind for quite some time now and I think that this was the perfect opportunity to try my hands at this. I am quite aware that I am interfering with Pound V and it is with much regret. But that is not to stop this tournament from being the quality and hype seen in most GTA tournaments. I want all of Ontario, Quebec, Ottawa to show up. If you're too broke for Pound we glady welcome you to getting your *** served by our finest, or better yet to come here and take our money. You think you got what it takes don't be a scrub and show your balls.

Sunday, February 20th, 2011
Sala Caboto
40 Playfair ave
Toronto, Ontario

Events:

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Super Street Fighter 4 (360)
Super Smash Bros Melee.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Super Street Fighter 4 $10
Super Smash Bros Melee $10
Marvel vs Capcom 3 $10

Payout:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5 (x2)

SSFIV
1st place: 70%
2nd place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%

Super Smash Bros Melee
1st place : 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Marvel vs Capcom 3

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Schedule: (will get updated)
Door open at 10am registration begins immediately
Melee pools/Brawl doubles
Brawl pools/Melee doubles (if it occurs)
Brawl singles/Melee singles brackets
SSFIV singles
MvC3 singles

Food:

At Dufferin and Lawrence there are numerous options for food. There is a McDonalds, a Burger King, a Harveys, and a Wendys on the east side of Lawrence. There's a gas station for your energy drinks and munchies.

Down Dufferin there is a Mr. Sub. There is also a Dairy Queen nearby on playfair/dufferin

Directions from TTC transit:

If taking the TTC Subway go to Lawrence Ave West station and take the 52 Lawrence and get off at Dufferin and Lawrence. You can either walk down 5 mins to Playfair ave or take the bus down Dufferin like a lazy ******* and waste your time. When you arrive to Playfair walk all the way to the building but do not enter main entrance but rather walk just a bit more past the windows to the Sala Caboto entrance. there will be signs posted all about so you shouldn't get lost.

For driving:

google maps people.

Housing:

People who can provide housing please post in this thread or PM me so that I may palce your name. Tell me the amount of people you can hold and on what days (fri, sat, or both nights)

There is also a Hotel up Dufferin

Holiday Inn
3450 Dufferin Street
Toronto, ON M6A 2V1

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by the G&W hammer rule.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-2-2-1 fashion**
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If there is a dispute, the striking order will be decided with the G&W hammer rule.

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege
* Delfino
* Halberd

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
*Jungle Japes
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Norfair
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

Melee Rule Set​

Taken from Sanuzi's thread, thank you

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Stage Striking format
•Tournament seeded by skill
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing is allowed

~Stage List~

Neutral:
Fountian of Dreams (singles exclusively)
Pokemon Stadium (teams exclusively)
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium (singles exclusively)
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green (inside venue)
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies and MMs. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to decide their team or individual color 1st as well as whether they would like port priority or whether they would like to choose the stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved. The losing party receives the benefit the winning party didn't want. In 1v1, the person who obtained the privilege of port priority will choose their ports 1st. In a 2v2, the party with port priority will have 1 member pick a port 1st and the 2nd member pick a port after both members of the other party have selected their ports.

Staff:
Gi
Mikey
Ambrose
Cassano
Alle
Alex

Wii + Brawl:
Gi x1
omega_orochi423 x1
MightyChir x1
HrcPoke x1
MPrime x1
Tin x1

Gamecube + Melee:
Supreme Dirt x1

XBOX 360s:
Gi x1
ceX x1
TFNS x2
Buddah x1
omega_orochi423 x2
RC x1

T.Vs:
Gi x3
Alex x1
Sala Caboto x1
TFNS x8
omega_orochi423 x2
RC x1
HrcPoke x1
Buddah x1
Cassano x1
Ambrose x1 (PM only)

Powerbars:
Gi x1
Sala Caboto x4 + many extensions

Recording Stations:

RXS' livestream

Epicness:

RXS with stream
Sala projector

Attendance List:

Event:

Super street fighter 4 (360)

Buddah
ceX
The Pad Warrior
Ham
WatchTower
Mikey7
GURU
BeegPoppaPWN
SwissBeats
One eyed Warrior
Kstoute
YGOShogun
RC
omega_orochi423
Heavyarms

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Tin Man
ceX
Supreme Dirt
Patches
Stragg
Jabu Jabu
MPrime
HollowCorex
Ham
XP
Cohen
Inle~Orichas
HrcPoke
Puffmaster
Arrows
Ray Kalm
Holy
MightyChir
Holy
Guard
Techiyo
Nostalgic
Vis~K
Remorse
Hype
Fool
Rhyme
Mr. L

Super Smash Bros Melee

Duyzee
Zef
Patches
ceX
Cassano
Brian
Chris
Alessandro
Schwartz
Jinn
Linksta888
Linksta +1
Linksta +2
GURU
BeegPoppaPWN
Kenny
RC
Supreme Dirt
Bing
Odessa
Desh
MPrime
Techiyo

Marvel vs Capcom 3

ceX
Yuuki
Entourage
RC
GURU
Tin

Gi
Mikey
Tin Man
Duyzee
ceX
Supreme Dirt
fUddo
Patches
Stragg
Zef
Cassano
Brian
Chris
Alessandro
Schwartz
Buddah
The Pad Warrior
Jabu jabu
Jinn
MPrime
HollowCorex
Yuuki
Ham
WatchTower
XP
Cohen
linksta888
Linksta+1
Linksta+2
Dimmy
Inle~Orichas
HrcPoke
Puffmaster
GURU
BeegPoppaPWN
SwizzBeats
One Eyed Warrior
Kstoute
Entourage
YGOShogun
Kenny
omega_orochi423
RC
Bing
Odessa
Arrows
Ray Kalm
Holy
MightyChir
NessyouUP
Desh
Radar Jam
Guard
Techiyo
Nostalgic
Vis~K
Remorse
Hype
Fool
Heavyarms
Rhyme
Mr. L
Ambrose

Total: 63
maybes: 0

Everyone please bring equipment!!

Gichan

Smash Champion
MM FIGHTCARD

TIN MAN VS HYPE $20 Bo3 (IF THEY DON'T MEET IN BRACKETS)

Marik/Here Rests a Cemetary will be accepting MMs at Project Melee (DEMO)
Ambrose vs Marik $10 bo3 (pending)

Ambrose will be bringing one tv dedicated for project melee for the duration of his stay. Feel free to try the game, hopefully a scene can pick up for it to.

duyzee

Smash Cadet
I'm in for Melee, depending on attendance from the rest of the GTA Melee community, though they might go to P5.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Confirm me for everything I guess.

Here's hoping Zero isn't changed too much from TvC so I get some free wins =)

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'll be coming to this if I don't have the money / passport for pound. Sorry Gi, I know you need every OG you can get, but i haven't ever played OOC, and I wanna see what it's like.

Gichan

Smash Champion
no problem at all man. If you can get to Pound 5, PLEASE GO!

OoC tournaments are ridiculously fun. That's why I wanna try at least Viridian but it's just that I'm not dedicated to this game so it seems pointless for me to go there. but that's how much fun it is, I'm still considering Viridian.

EDIT2: Remember if you can rbing a tv, do so, you never know when others will flop. Plus the mroe the better, we can get two tvs for a pool or more!!

duyzee

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely confirmed for Melee, only if there's a good attendance for it. I'll bring a whole set-up for Melee.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
my flight is scheduled from jan 18 - feb 20 if you can bring this back just one week to feb 13 i will be there (if i can get a ride)

Cruxis

Smash Lord
well have an effin practice run the week before as hype or something then, i dont care i wanna see u guys again :(

jabu_jabu

Smash Cadet
i'm down for this
just brawl though

right before family day...
what an epic day to pick, gi

Gichan

Smash Champion
it's there loool.

And those are NOT side events. This is a tournament for all those games so each tournament is $10.

XxHollowCorexX

Smash Apprentice
MR. WEST IS IN THE BUILDING.
SWAGGA ON THE HUNDRED.
THOUSAND.
TRILLION.
I'm in this ***** Gi, going to Fsmash the living **** out of everyone.
Especially Tin, yes.
Oh and maybe we can actually play! I've been wanting to play you Gi. >=(

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Marvel vs. Capcom 3?! So early?! NOICE.

I'm going to make it to this if it kills me. It's been like what...a year since I've seen you all? Granted, I stopped playing Brawl but I've been playing Blazblue and TvC (to prepare for MvC 3 somewhat) so it'll be nice to go to a tournament already.

Looking forward to it. :D Put me down for Marvel please!

Top Bottom