• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors - 11/20/10 - Edmonton, AB

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Melee Singles Pools
Pool 1
False Falco
Victra
T-block
DTP
Vinbon
Wilco

Pool 2
Solaris
Alphicans
T-block
Kuraudo
Frio
Pyre
Fiji

Pool 3
SuPeRbOoM
Smarms
Crusayer
Sraigux
Chaos
Arsenal

Pool 4
Dragonz
Stevo
Red Comet
Limee
Kyle
MJ

Melee Singles Results (No Payout)
1: KilLock
2: False Falco
3: Dragonz
4: Crusayer
5: Victra
5: SuPeRbOoM
7: T-Block
7: Limee
9: Solaris
9: Alphicans
9: Kuraudo
9: Red Comet
13: Smarms
13: Stevo
13: Sraigux
13: DTP
17: Arsenal
17: Fiji
17: MJ
17: Pyre
17: Chaos
17: Frio
17: Kyle
17: Vinbon
25: Wilco

image error: KilLock won GF

Brawl Doubles
1: **** Destroyers (SuPeRbOoM + KilLock) ($84.00)
2: Pests of Cute Horniness (Alphicans + Frio) ($42.00)
3: Pair of Vibrant Cuteness (Arsenal + Fiji) ($14.00)
4: Obese Randomness (DTP + T-block)
5: Cowboys of Love (Lime + Diminisht)
5: Club (Kyle + Kuraudo)
7: Plundering Apples (Sean + MJ)

Brawl Singles Pools
Pool 1
KilLock
Frio
Kuraudo
Kyle
Dragonz
Sraigux

Pool 2
Alphicans
T-block
Stevo
Wilco
Chaos
MJ

Pool 3
Fiji
Red Comet
Diminisht
Limee
Solaris
Vinbon
P-Ness

Pool 4
SuPeRbOoM
DTP
Arsenal
Pyre
Victra
Eudo

Brawl Singles Results (No Payout)
1: Fiji
2: T-Block
3: Kuraudo
4: Arsenal
5: KilLock
5: SuPeRbOoM
7: Diminisht
7: Dragonz
9: DTP
9: Alphicans
9: Stevo
9: Limee
13: Red Comet
13: Eudo
13: Kyle
13: Victra
17: MJ
17: Vinbon
17: Sraigux
17: Frio
17: Wilco
17: Chaos
17: Solaris
25: P-Ness
25: Pyre

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
its too bad this isn't ever happening again. RIP the best event we've had in a year and a half.

Also, Jack won melee singles lol

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Aside from all the ensuing drama, I really had alot of fun at this tourney/smashfest. Past two sets against Carl have been friggen identical:

Game 1 - Fox vs marth on FD - I win
Game 2 - Fox vs Falco - Carl wins
Game 3 - Jiggs vs Falco on Dreamland - I win
Game 4 - Jiggs vs Marth - Carl wins
Game 5 - Fox vs marth - Carl wins because he's a beast. gg ^^

Edit: Probably my last tournament.. gl and keep fighting guyss.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Nobody said it wouldn't happen ever again.
you did LOL. Unless you were so stressed out you weren't thinking straight.
Aside from all the ensuing drama, I really had alot of fun at this tourney/smashfest. Past two sets against Carl have been friggen identical:

Game 1 - Fox vs marth on FD - I win
Game 2 - Fox vs Falco - Carl wins
Game 3 - Jiggs vs Falco on Dreamland - I win
Game 4 - Jiggs vs Marth - Carl wins
Game 5 - Fox vs marth - Carl wins because he's a beast. gg ^^

Edit: Probably my last tournament.. gl and keep fighting guyss.

hahaha XD my sets with carl are always
Peach vs Marth on FD
Peach vs Fox on Brinstar
Peach vs Marth on PS
or
Peach vs Marth on FD
Peach vs Marth on PS
Peach vs Fox on Brinstar

depending on who won the first game xD

T-block

B2B TST
you did LOL. Unless you were so stressed out you weren't thinking straight.
It won't ever replace a regular tournament again. There's obviously enough interest in doing something like this, so it could happen, but next time it will be the intention from the beginning. Plus, next time the host will be able to treat it as a more casual event, and will not give himself a stroke over trying to keep everything together.

David wtf why are you quitting =(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
K it will definitely count for the people who didn't drop, and for the people who dropped, it only means that a poor performance next tournament means an inevitable drop ranking. Brandon, you taking out mike and arsenal will definitely count for something, do not worry about that.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Awesome tourney. It's too bad I choked, 'cause those were some fun matches.

Shoutout to Ash and Alvin for helping with the TV's. I had no idea the twins were taking all the same classes in school, LOL~

MeSSi

Smash Ace
I was about 30% PT, 70% Diddy this time.

Question to Kelvin: would you have agreed to Zelda/PT if there had been money on the line?
kelvin says that he would always use zelda against your PT, even if money was on the line. he says its like a low tier rivalry or something (even though PT isn't low tier any more). as long as you are progressing with PT then he wants to progress with zelda.

@keith: thanks man. u remember my red hot chili peppers story rite?.... that was a good day.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
K it will definitely count for the people who didn't drop, and for the people who dropped, it only means that a poor performance next tournament means an inevitable drop ranking. Brandon, you taking out mike and arsenal will definitely count for something, do not worry about that.
That's cool and all, I just hope that they were giving it their all just as much as I was.

This was the first time I managed to defeat Kelvin in a tourney set (finally smartened up) and I think this is the first time I beat Mike too. So long as we tried our best, I could stay at 9th if I had to. But horray level up!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Our matches between Pokémon Trainer and Sonic were so amazing. Heck, our Diddy ones too!

If I had to pick though? I'd say your Diddy is the superior character. Not because of being a higher tier, but because of the things you can pull with your bananas. In a match-up that I'm 100% comfortable in? You had me sweating. Comebacks or not, you had my number. You're awesome.

Next tourney, break the top 3! I'm gonna try to do the same.

[EDIT]...with...Dan, Jack, and Luke around. Ahah.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
everyone has to try against your sonic or else they will get wrecked. it is the kind of matchup that requires your full attention.

oh and kelvin says gg's brandon... epic time out is epic

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
sonic is a good character

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool man what am i saying

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You're saying the truth. That's what.

Or you can still think he's trash like Luke wants to believe (if he still does), it makes victory more satisfying.

T-block

B2B TST
I think I've been underestimating Sonic lol... the difficulty he has landing kill moves isn't nearly as bad as I used to think.

ALTHOUGH, I completely forgot about Flamethrower in our set haha... when my Charizard was getting wrecked I remember thinking it didn't used to be this hard to deal with the spin charges.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Fact, if Sonic didn't have his running speed, he'd suck.

Yeah when you started using Flamethrower I found that waiting worked fine. Flamethrower rocks, but it's all a matter of time until you let go and I dash right on in. Using it to stop my approaches rocks though. ...so does Rock Smash.

Man Charizard is just tough in general. I think it's either 50-50 or slightly in Charizard's favor. I cannot kill him.

T-block

B2B TST
The problem when you start spinning is that I can't use any move at close range, since it'll be punished easily. The idea is to Flamethrower so that the tip of the flame hits you as you're charging. Flamethrower has enough range that it'll force Sonic to release the spin before the move begins if he wants to stop it (ie- he has to predict the Flamethrower) - then you can mix it up by not using Flamethrower. This forces him to release the spin which is exactly what you want. I was having serious issues even as Charizard when you patiently waited it out... meanwhile fatigue is telling me to run at you lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I like waiting with Sonic. Passive Aggressive Aggro with Sonic seems to be the best style. When I'm caught in flamethrower though I'm forced to spring and that puts me in a bad spot if you can predict how I land.

I also like that I don't need planking tactics when timing out occurs. I'm just that **** fast. lol

Top Bottom