• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toast Presents "Too many Knees" Official

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone and thanks too all who came to previous Smash Nights these past few weeks. Now its time for an actual tournament. Get hype for Too many Knees. This tourney will consist of Brawl in the morning and Melee in the evening.

Important update:
The tourney is now on Friday instead of Saturday. Thats right. FRIDAY.​

841 N. Germantown Pkwy,
Cordova TN 38018

Entry Fee & Pot:
Venue is $10
Pot Is $10
Payout Is 65%/25%/15% Number aren't set in stone so if people want it changed, respond in this tread or PM me.

Brawl:

Time:

Brawl starts at 11am and should end at 4pm. If it does last longer, there is a 1 hour grace period between 4pm and when Melee starts.

Setups:

There are already 6 TVs and 4 Wiis. A few more Wiis may be needed and maybe 3 TVs.

Rules:

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If it's still a tie, a 1-stock overtime will be played.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser or Ganon's side-B and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the initiator of the move.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.
  • Stalling is banned.

Bring your own controller

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

STAGE LIST

Starter:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Castle Siege

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat

Melee:​

Time:

Melee starts at 5PM and goes on until its over. Should be around 10-10:30

Setups:

Setups are really needed. TVs especially. I'll bring one myself but if we don't want to play on laggy TVs, bring some.

Rules:

Singles:

• Double Elimination.
• All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
• 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
• Items OFF

Stage List
• First stage is limited to the 5 neutral stages for random picking, others open for counterpicks.

Neutral stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

Counter Picks:
Pokémon Stadium
Corneria
Kongo Jungle 64

• Banned Stages: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, , Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Brinstar Depths, and Great Bay

• No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking

• Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

• Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•If both players agree to play a stage (whether banned or stage already played), it can be allowed.

•Bring your own controller

•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

Toast: (901)-503-9267

PowerPlay: (901)-552-4272

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Attending:
Toast(S)
Iori vs. Ambix
Kyo
VTS + Possibly Arkansas crew
ihaveSpaceballs
Brad
Cyner
Mewtwo Guy
Brandon(M)
Nick(M)
Nodnarb(M)
Talon
CCCP(S)
Seifersythe?
Power of Slash(M)

If attending, your name will be added to the list.
(S) will be by your name if bringing a setup
(M) will be by your name if you're not sure if you're attending.

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
I can only see one problem with this tourney... that it takes place on the same weekend as FAP 2
The date has been changed to the 18th. I thought FAP 2 was the weekend after the 11th, but I see I was wrong.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Seif: YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

Toast- He's really good at BB :3

Ambix- You best be trollin', errbody knows Ivan Ooze is banned from tourney play xD

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice

Ambix- You best be trollin', errbody knows Ivan Ooze is banned from tourney play xD

Well I think he should play a friend of mine named Nick. He should be at this tourney and he wont stop bragging about being the best player in Memphis.

And Ivan Ooze is now god tier.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
lol@ the question mark at my name.

I dunno about 'really,' but I'm alright.

Well I think he should play a friend of mine named Nick. He should be at this tourney and he wont stop bragging about being the best player in Memphis.
Hey, if we have a PS3 set up, I'll totally bring my copy. I'll even money match a few foo.

How about "Why Can't I Hold All These Knees?!?"
Also, this.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Snk vs Capcom 2 all day, since my run in with Thriller who basically destroyed me T_T I am back with avengence.

@Seif bring it on

@Toast ellis what you talking bout

@Vts Show me that you have improved and don't quit, then yes.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Snk vs Capcom 2 all day, since my run in with Thriller who basically destroyed me T_T I am back with avengence.

@Seif bring it on

1: A vengence (unless that was a clever pun....which it wasn't)

2: willis.

Someone needs to bring a melty blood setup.

Vts

Smash Champion

@Seif bring it on

Haven't improved much but maybe enough to make u say ic are too good

But then again ur an amazing player who needs to focus on 1 character but I can't say much since I also like to play a lot of characters also I would go jiggs in teams

Aiming for top 3 at powerplay I feel like I could do it just got to really worry about stupid stuff and not kill myself and might get there

Ambix

Smash Ace
Haven't improved much but maybe enough to make u say ic are too good

But then again ur an amazing player who needs to focus on 1 character but I can't say much since I also like to play a lot of characters also I would go jiggs in teams

Aiming for top 3 at powerplay I feel like I could do it just got to really worry about stupid stuff and not kill myself and might get there
if it makes you feel any better i doubt i'll have the money to enter.

One down already :D

Also, don't feel like you have to pick certain characters in teams just to meet someone else's standards. Use whoever you're most comfortable with.

If that's a problem with prospective partners then you probably shouldn't team with them.

Vts

Smash Champion
if it makes you feel any better i doubt i'll have the money to enter.

One down already :D

Also, don't feel like you have to pick certain characters in teams just to meet someone else's standards. Use whoever you're most comfortable with.

If that's a problem with prospective partners then you probably shouldn't team with them.
no its my standards if you don't know how to play with my IC i'm better off playing with my puff

very few people i feel comfy playing my ICs with in teams, Arby since he is a team mate for what ever tournament we go to forever now.

but we mostly do puff/marth or ic/marth or puff/fox

we've gotten pretty good about knowing which way to throw people and decent team work at double teaming people and saving each other.

Nite

Smash Champion
Is there anybody that could pick me up to go to PowerPlay today? I haven't smashed in a while and I miss everyone <3

If anybody can, please let me know. I will give gas monies also.

Top Bottom