• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AR codes: Dual 1v1 mode, disabled stage stuff, c-stick in 1p modes

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Back in February I asked on this board if any hackers could make a code for my Smash group that allowed us to have 2 1v1 fights at the same time. No one volunteered, so, for the last month I've spent all of my free time researching how to hack GameCube games myself and actually doing the hacking to make the code I wanted, and I did it! It is now posted on my web site here along with details on how it works.

I also went ahead and created some more codes to do stuff like disabling annoying stage features and using the c-stick for smash attacks in single-player modes like training mode.

NOTE: These codes are mostly for version USA 1.0 of SSBM since that is the version I use, though for some I have also found a version for USA 1.2 since I was able to find a copy of that version. I do not have any way to hack these for PAL or version 1.1 US - sorry!

If you don't want to go to my site, here is the codes and how to use them:

Dual 1v1 Mode:

This code allows this by letting all 4 players play at once, but each "set" of 1v1 players can't directly interfere with the other fight (beyond things like messing with the camera or edge hogging). Once each pair has a winner, the two winners can battle it out for the overall winner of the match! It also as a side effect disables any attacks from "neutral" team doing anything (i.e. stage hazards). There is an alternate version on my web site that lets neutral attacks still work if you really want that.

The only downside is that you can no longer play team matches with Friendly Fire turned off - but no one worth their salt plays Teams without Friendly Fire turned on anyway.

To use:

1. Turn Friendly Fire to OFF.
  2. Switch to Team mode and set the team colors so that each set of players that should fight each other are the same color. Players will only be able to hurt other players set to the same team color.
  3. (Optional) Switch Team mode back off so players can switch to whatever costume they want.
  4. Start the match
  5. When the match is over, re-shuffle team colors as desired (this step can be skipped using another code further down!).

Code:
For US v1.0:

7XBM-UEQM-ABZVX
A6CE-M7QR-BFYE0
JQ55-16XM-MJ1QH
V0VW-V6HU-BA5M1
VV4N-V7KU-9KZ0D
JVWV-TCNZ-EBQ0J
3XUP-9HV3-19VGM
A5EJ-Z01W-QV6AC
GKNJ-R1D0-RN06Q
0R9K-5803-72TV2
QAW8-Q6HD-GA4BQ
7QCH-W9J8-AC728
W8G7-QB4W-E2Y79
UZG9-JHF8-7RQBV
23N4-M3MQ-86ECP
VTWP-83ZW-EXH80
U8WR-KB0Y-ZTV3P
6UZU-R4FT-8T5PC
8G9U-HHQQ-HXPUP
GT3X-5BCU-2V8GB
4HGF-F6KY-UCMYR
0GJ2-K81G-4ZF8P
3Z08-2UJG-T6F03
011B-0E8W-YMFRM
X3BD-K9K4-8UG4E
Shuffle teams based on rank in Dual 1v1 mode:

The Dual 1v1 mode is pretty cool, but having to switch teams around after every match can be tedious. This code gets rid of that step by automating the shuffling of team assignments based on the rankings from the previous match. With it, there is no need to switch to Teams mode at all, unless you just want to check as a reminder of who is fighting whom.

The players that recieved 1st or 2nd place will be set to fight each other for the next match, and the players that got 3rd and 4th place will fight each other. When the game is first booted everyone can fight everyone, so you can treat the first match as a FFA "placements" match that determines the pairings for the first paired-off match.

Of course, even with this code enabled, you can still at any time manually switch to Teams mode and change around the pairings before starting the next match. Also, this code will not interfere with normal Teams matches when you have Friendly Fire turned ON.

Note: In the unlikely event of a tie, this code will not compensate and will still assign directly based on rank. You will want to manually go into Teams mode and fix the color assignments in this case.

Code:
For US v1.0:

9C4P-UPXK-6M6HW
KXA2-GHYB-YBXU3
ZK06-1YTD-9H46A
3CCZ-VRD6-P1A14
52WJ-9W0E-ANW0A
KKRF-4KAY-DT3FX
A88D-RTXA-B6GF3
9V4P-CT75-FVM7U
H378-K5Z5-C9YXH
8W1X-M0N5-PJTDU
TUF3-DFTP-CXVTQ
PA3J-UNHD-NPAG8
BDNM-ETD8-41EQ3
DE05-Z4H6-6DQHG
QF4R-***K-MMDE2
HDX9-U3DM-JBRV6
GGXC-RE77-TTYR2
BYPU-CMM2-81RYF
D82N-CQ7G-DEWRZ
Z639-H6A4-GGTJ2
1TQB-W6YX-QQWRW
TAHU-FMJF-BVHM2
83BK-451R-TK4D7
PQ9B-Q9ZB-MRXMC
3FV1-Z9K0-4PNQ6
28XW-RBC5-TFCVZ
VHDR-UM94-BT76H
KH5F-385R-AR6YC
GJ24-6AC6-UVZQB
E9FZ-A3QA-YCERP
Disable some stage features:

Many stages have annoying features that interfere with a straight skill-based fight. Argue fairness as you will, but we would rather not have stages do some of this stuff. This code disables the following stage features:

• Brinstar: Rising lava
  • Corneria: Attacking ships and Great Fox gun
  • Dreamland 64: Wind
  • Fountain of Dreams: Moving platforms
  • Green Greens: Wind, apples, and falling blocks
  • Peach's Castle: Switches and Bullet Bills
  • Pokemon Stadium: Transformations
  • Yoshi's Story: Shy guys

Code:
For US v1.0:

12GV-JMV8-Z38E8
PC0M-DD84-KDEN8
8N46-M6MR-3FF6D
CR16-BE3A-E5ZQT
N0A2-0X7Z-K4QXV
JFY3-RBX4-E6X32
7KPA-W91E-EM8MJ
K0UD-W4V9-4HGK5
Z04D-ZEZ4-Q7GT5
69R5-52CR-98W45
43FJ-MTHU-MDNA4
RHMY-M2YG-QRGD5
7BRE-D2BT-GPR8A

For US v1.2:

6T0A-WDQF-0VKYH
7JTX-VHU4-MGJB3
2FHH-YQVJ-VHURQ
UGKQ-J86T-UFVUG
NZ3D-0PMJ-82ZR8
AWZJ-KGVD-0QU2B
MXFF-8BZP-EMKHV
E7DG-9ZWR-TMVPX
RRRK-4TUJ-WUH42
65QK-PYD4-UBRUK
9173-32QY-F3J4H
GWCD-JNK3-66A0E
A74R-ZAWC-CWE72
C-stick smashes in single player:

I can't believe I didn't think of doing this code earlier - its always bugged me that you can't use the c-stick for smash attacks in things like training mode.

Code:
For US v1.0:

T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8

For US v1.2:

JN4B-39JC-U0HP1
6WQH-WZFF-RRCAG

If you want more details on how to modify these codes or how they work, it is all spelled out on my web site at http://www.zauron.net/smashmeleecodes.php. Hopefully some other smash group out there will find these codes enhance their play. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Not going to test it, but I remember your previous thread.

Super kudos for the "do-it-yourself" attitude, and great job on working this out.

Esper

Smash Cadet
how did you come up with it?

You don't happen to know a method to hack the default settings in VS-mode (2mins and friendly fire off). I'd love to have a hacked iso with tournament settings as default... :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I would love Stadium without the transformations

Lava and Randall make those stages what they are though haha

Bones0

Smash Legend
OMG!!! Do want!
I think I will have to get an AR now.
Only things I dislike are removal of Randall and the stationary platforms on FoD is kind of pointless; it's basically Battlefield.

I would LOVE to have a frozen Poke Stadium, especially for tournaments (I'm sure most people would agree to it, but maybe I'm wrong).

Also, while the dual 1v1 sounds neat, edge hogging someone you aren't even playing would be stupid. :/

Geist

Smash Master
See? All our apathy and unwillingness paid off in the end, and arguably to a better conclusion for you.

So you're welcome.

good job by the way lol

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
OMG!!! Do want!
I think I will have to get an AR now.
Only things I dislike are removal of Randall and the stationary platforms on FoD is kind of pointless; it's basically Battlefield.

I would LOVE to have a frozen Poke Stadium, especially for tournaments (I'm sure most people would agree to it, but maybe I'm wrong).

Also, while the dual 1v1 sounds neat, edge hogging someone you aren't even playing would be stupid. :/
Turns out removing Randall was a tad buggy, so I got rid of that part of the code entirely and made a new one.

On Fountain of Dreams - we just have a player in our group that hates those platforms because when they are low to the ground or are rising up from the ground they can screw up combos pretty good - but they aren't stationary, they are just plain gone with this code. So its somewhat of a new formation in that it only has a single floating platform high above in the center, and the main surface below.

Any of the individual stage codes can be turned off by using the information on my site, so you can just turn off the parts you want to and leave the rest as is.

I will say having Green Greens as a playable stage is pretty cool :).

I was not able to find a way to make edge hogging not work on players from the other set, however, the point of Dual 1v1 mode is not to guarantee 100% that there's no way to be a jerk and mess with other players' fights, but just to make it so its far less likely to happen on accident. We played using this method all the time anyway - we were just careful to try to stay out of each other's way, but it was often frustrating to die to a random smash from the other group that you happened to get knocked into and caused the occasional yelling match between players.

My efforts to get this code was to allow us to continue using this method (we only get our lunch hour to play, so no one wants to wait out 2 matches whenever they lose) but reduce the amount of irritation from accidental interference. Since being all in the same place still causes a bit of difficulty seeing what's going on, most of the time we are still on opposite ends of the stage and thus far no one has managed to accidentally edge hog someone from the other group since we started using these codes (I've been testing Dual 1v1 mode for about 2 weeks now).

Lovage

Smash Hero
is it possible to have codes that limit pokemon stadium's transformations to a specific transformation? ie the stage stays on leaf the whole time or only transfers to leaf.

also is it possible to make peach's castle only spawn a certain color switches? or have the stage default on a specific switch formation and never change?

if either of these were made possible i'd buy an AR right away and film more berserker 2 lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
is it possible to have codes that limit pokemon stadium's transformations to a specific transformation? ie the stage stays on leaf the whole time or only transfers to leaf.

also is it possible to make peach's castle only spawn a certain color switches? or have the stage default on a specific switch formation and never change?

if either of these were made possible i'd buy an AR right away and film more berserker 2 lol
Someone buy Lovage an AR. NOW.

Zodiac

Smash Master
this is actually incredibly useful for me. I just need to find an old ar now

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Well some of these code requests are a bit beyond my skill, and honestly I'm not planning to spend all my free time hacking from now on - I really got most of what I wanted (though I'm tempted to take a crack at making it so up=jump can be disabled, but I can't figure out how it would be set on a per-player basis easily even if I could get it to do that).

However, getting the c-stick to work in single player was easy and something I've always wanted but just forgot about, so I added that to the original post. Enjoy :).

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Does that mean you got the c-stick to not control the camera in training mode too?

If so omgomgomg do want

Can someone confirm if this works on versions besides 1.0?

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Does that mean you got the c-stick to not control the camera in training mode too?

If so omgomgomg do want

Can someone confirm if this works on versions besides 1.0?
Yes the code makes it so in all modes the c-stick does smash attacks instead of controlling the camera, no matter what. It completely disables c-stick camera control.

The code most likely won't work on other versions since the memory addresses vary from version to version. I don't have the other versions and I'm not sure if there's an easy way to know how much to shift the memory addresses to get the same effect on other versions.

rhan

Smash Hero
Dual 1v1 mode?

As in 2 1v1 matches going on during the same game?

As in amazing **** combos going on at the same time without any interferrence from the other 1v1 match?

That's ****...

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
good **** on these codes but where can i find the v1.0 of ssbm? if its inappropriate to ask for roms here then just tell me a site where i can look it up.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Made a slight change to the Stage code - on Peach's Castle characters with capes and such would have them fluttering all over the place and the little flags on the castle were stuck in a stiff position. Now the wind acts normally but the bullets and switches are still disabled.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for these awesome codes Zauron!

Hint for those who have a wii and want GC AR: google "action replay v1.14 loader".

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Yes Dual 1v1 mode is not perfect, it still requires a bit of an honor system, its just easier to prevent accidentally messing with people than it is otherwise.

You can still push people around and edge hog them just like you could your teammate in normal teams with FF turned off. And you can always just stand in the middle of their fight and make it hard for them to see what's going on.

This is not going to work as a tournament setting or anything because of these drawbacks, but if you were already doing free for alls because people didn't want to sit out for as long, but would rather have a more 1v1 feel and trust your friends not to be jerks, this code makes it a lot easier to prevent accidentally injuring/killing a player you weren't intending to fight.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I probably should have asked before ordering, but I bought this:
http://www.datelgaming.com/Gamecube_Action_Replay_p/dus0003.htm
and cannot figure out how to enter codes. Should I have bought this one?
http://www.datelgaming.com/Gamecube_Action_Replay_Max_Evo_p/dus0003 - evo.htm

Also, if I end up having to buy the second one, will I need any additional stuff? It says it just comes with the disc. I have 2 memory cards and I'm guessing you can use a regular memory card instead of the AR specific one. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Nvm. Thanks Moose. :awesome:

GenG

Smash Lord
Oh my god. Zauron, you rule. C-sticking out of multiplayer was the Holy Grail of the AR codes.

.. but the sad thing is that I have 1.2 PAL version. I need someone to convert it!

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is using these, I fixed capes freaking out in Pokemon Stadium and Yoshi's Story and updated the first post.

Also, should this thread be moved to the Melee Workshop, or is that board only for hacks related to changing graphics and sounds and such?

Old Manondorf

Smash Rookie
Can somebody please convert the "c-sticking outside of multiplayer mode" code to NTSC V.1.2?

Great codes, btw.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I probably should have asked before ordering, but I bought this:
http://www.datelgaming.com/Gamecube_Action_Replay_p/dus0003.htm
and cannot figure out how to enter codes. Should I have bought this one?
http://www.datelgaming.com/Gamecube_Action_Replay_Max_Evo_p/dus0003 - evo.htm

Also, if I end up having to buy the second one, will I need any additional stuff? It says it just comes with the disc. I have 2 memory cards and I'm guessing you can use a regular memory card instead of the AR specific one. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Nvm. Thanks Moose. :awesome:
what was the answer to your question?

Top Bottom