• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention all Florida Players interested or involved in Melee

Two-Ell

Smash Master
The purpose of this thread is address a problem presented by members of the Florida Melee Community. Smashers in this state are for the most part un-aware of others around them as well as when events are occuring around them.

As Superwavedash said in another thread:
i know the ucf melee thread has numbers listed, which i think is a good idea

maybe someone could put together a general thread where people list the times/days they are available to smash, if they are down to smash for brawl/melee, and in what area they are down to smash in, and give their number or just a name to PM on

i know people don't check this board every day, and if they do maybe it's not to look for smashfests but receiving a text/pm about a smashfest going down in the future probably is going to net more players to come by...
fortunately there actually is a thread that serves the functions he describes and even more. I'm not sure how many of you have noticed it but the Florida thread has been in service for months and I want to extend service the FL Melee community.

The Florida thread(here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386) which is was first started by Exarch and later recreated in the current thread by Mankosuki was initially made to service and inform the Melee community of going ons in the state. I still want it to continue doing that. I don't want to ignore it's roots and cater mostly to brawl like I have been aside from Tournament listings.

What I would like is for all Florida players interested in competitive melee to provide contact info as part of registration to a new Florida Melee Player Locator. You do not have to be good at melee to register. I want to make that clear. I want anyone interested at all in Melee even if they are a complete beginner(like myself) to please feel free to provide contact info in order to get into the scene and try out the game. We've already recently have brawlers express interest in going into Melee. Just know that Florida Melee vets are very inviting and welcome all converts and beginners into their scene.

As is stated in the Florida thread the state is split into five distinct regions as shown here:

I would like posts to be in this format:

"Region - City / City 2 (if for example you are in another city for school breaks); School(if applicable); username ~ Phone Number/Availability"

For example I would be:

SFL - Pompano Beach; Palm Beach State College; 2link121 ~ 954-614-7606(text only)/Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat

I'll see about including any extra information anyone decides to provide any(like for special conditions such as how to properly contact you). If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know. This is all to help you guys.I also would like for anyone to list whether they are willing to do smashfests so that I may add their names to the Tournament listings section as people to look out for or contact in order to set up quick smashfests or even events.

Pi

Smash Hero
thought you mentioned making/refining a thread to help in this way

i was thinking of making one myself, some things i wanted to include were an oragnized PM list
one where you just copy paste a list of smashers who want to be informed about smashfests located at/near 'hotspots', popular smashfest locations that players would be willing/ready to drive to, basically making informing smashers of upcoming smashfest/tournaments as easy as possible

So like, let's say we have Plup's place as a hotspot for smashfests
his address is listed, and anyone who could attend smashfests @ his place says so, and gets added to the list associated w/ his hotspot

Then anyone near that hotspot can just copy that PM list; superwavedash ; pluplue ; slimnasty etc. etc. etc.
and PM all those people regarding an upcoming smashfest

btw my infomration isss;

MEFL - Lake mary; superwavedash; 407-462-2531 (call/text); available most tuesdays all day, and most other days before 5PM and after 11PM

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh I'm going to be taking all the information I gather in this thread and placing it here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1357191&postcount=6

I'm just using this thread to accept registrations as well as propose some ideas to you guys as well as have you guys do the same if you had any(kinda like what you just did lol)

I'm going to be holding this thread up for week. Having this thread for accepting registrations will get more attention rather than just soley using the FL thread(Anyone is welcome to register there anytime after this closes of course).

Edit: Super if you want to run an event subscription list that would be a very interesting idea. I'll come up with a few questions for that later. One idea I've been turning over in my mind is running a section of the FL thread dedicated to listing popular venue, drivers, and Tournament Hosts. That should help a lot I think it getting more events going on in the state as well as helping new players and Tournament Organizers get familiar with resources available to them concerning tourneys and smashfests.

Pengie

Smash Lord
MEFL- Orlando; Pengie; 407-621-1275 (call/text); Available most days before 10 PM

I really hope that this helps kick Fl's *** into gear :)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Have everyone you know make sure to register onto this. If they don't have an account on the boards help the make one and let them know they'll gladly be welcomed here.

also you guys will need to make sure to remember that the FL thread is where all this information and much much more will be stored.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386 Bookmark it, It'll be a primary source of information for you guys.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Tag: Cryptik
School: North Miami Beach Senior High School
Phone Number: 786-362-1322
Availability: Weekends or Friday

Two-Ell

Smash Master
good good keep the info coming guys. Get everyone you know around the boards to post their info since they might listen to you guys more than me lol.

I'll be transferring all new registrations to the FL thread at the end of each day.

:rosalina:

nicaboy

Smash Champion
nicaboy

sfl-Miami Gardens Dade County 786 554 1626(call or text is cool)

Available at random depends on what im doing/feel like doing just call and ask.

Also I ****!

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Aqua

813 359 3306
Available: I'm down to make time whenever possible, just shoot me a text =o

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Sexy,

so basically so far there's at least a good few people available throughout the week. Keep the registrations coming people so we can get networking going on. Anyone who happens to like holding smashfests please let me know so I can put you down in the Tournament Listings section as a Smashfest Host.

ShadeDarkside

Smash Rookie
SEFL- Aventura/Miami/Hallandale

Florida International University; North Campus

Shade Darkside (or just Darkside)

786 704 1288 (text only)

Through the week after 4, weekends anytime (subject to change due to any unforeseeable circumstances, text me for coordination)

I <3 smashfests and tourneys.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
Waza

MWFL- Gainesville/ Orlando
University of Florida
(407) 538-0589/ Weekends and late night weeknights

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Cool thread. Subscribed.

Username:
VGMastaRicky

Region/City:
MWFL/Gainesville (SEFL/West Palm Beach during holiday breaks)

Phone Number:
561-310-7553

Availibility:
Monday and Wednesday nights 4pm - 9pm, 1am - 5am
Tuesday and Thursday nights 11pm - 3am
Friday nights 7pm - whenever
All weekend

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I did my best to make the locator as pretty as I could. I hope it looks alright and is easy to read. Please keep the regs coming in guys. Get everyone you know to post here. I'll add more registrations later.

Tets

Smash Rookie
Tetsuo
Gainesville, Florida
Santa Fe College
(352) 262-8669
My schedule isn't set, so...random.
Call me...I'll say yes or no. :p

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Alright that's cool. You seem new looking at your post count(well maybe new to posting here at least lol). I hope you enjoy it here. Please feel welcome to chat with people. Check out the locator too since there's a good bunch of Gainesville players.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro
Kissimmee near valencia osceola
orlando near ucf and valencia east

available sun,mon,tue,thu
pm me if you want my number

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Michal Kopij

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County

727-418-1397 (Call/Text)

Available as soon as you call me, Ill make a time.

HUNGRY FOR SMASH(MELEE)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
2-DJeff
Availability: hit me up at random times and i see what i can do but mainly friday sat sunday, wensday is when im available
253 617 8457

Top Bottom