• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DMT 4 The Brawl To Begin Them All

Dakpo

Smash Lord

Alright folks 2011 is right around the corner and we already got plans for it!!! This DMT will feature the long awaited brawl - tourney. This random scrub named Dakpo has won THE PAST 3 DMTs!!!! I send a challenge to Texas to dethrone this crappy player (obvious ploy to get out of City players to come). I hope Lubbock can come to this. If anyone needs housing and such let us know and we can make it happen. I really wanted to have this during the holiday break and I found this to be the ideal time to hold it. Usual stuffs ect....

Time :Saturday, January 8, 2011 · 2:00pm - 9:00pm
Location :Recycled Entertainment: 4400 Washington Suite H Amarillo, TX, 79110

Contact Info- Dakpo/Dakota (806) 626-2851

Venue Fee - $1 per person - FREE if you bring a full setup (TV + Wii)
Brawl Singles - $10 per person
Brawl Doubles - $5 per person - $10 per team
Brawl - Priceless :)

1v1 Settings and 2v2 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
6. Team Attack = On

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

The PAYOUT

Singles:
1-19 players = 80 / 20
20 - 39 players = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 players = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 players = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ players = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles:
1-9 teams = 80 / 20
10 - 19 teams = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 teams = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 teams = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ teams = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike 1 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 2 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule

ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Brawl Minus Rule set :
4 stocks
8 Min
Items set to off and none
most updated version of brawl -
Same Stage list and process of Singles

Denti

Smash Master
I hear hobo 30 might be on Jan 8th as well... If it is I'll go to it instead because it's closer. Sorry :( I was actually looking forward to fighting some dakpo

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
whos gonna beat dakpo? hhmmmmmm.......I think badkarma might be the one :D
Be scared Dakpo.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
haha! looks like this ones going to be hugeee. HYPE!!
Cant wait to play all of these out of town people. Lubbock players, I'm telling you right now Amarillo is bringin the heat for this one from everything I've seen lately. So you better step it up a notch! Lets represent the 806 region and show 'em what we got!

tekkie

Smash Master
haha! looks like this ones going to be hugeee. HYPE!!
Cant wait to play all of these out of town people. Lubbock players, I'm telling you right now Amarillo is bringin the heat for this one from everything I've seen lately. So you better step it up a notch! Lets represent the 806 region and show 'em what we got!
if nm comes to this i demand a wofl ditto

skekasaurus

Smash Cadet
I think I can make this, I also should be able to bring one other person with me. Can we enter singles & doubles? :p Also I'm coming up from san antonio, so if anyone needs a ride let me know.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Of course you can!!! tell the rest of San Antonio to come! I want a rematch with Espy and k primez!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
In light of interest from so many people that might be coming, I'm thinking of boosting the entry price so its more worth while for people to come.... Idk...thoughts opinions?

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
In light of interest from so many people that might be coming, I'm thinking of boosting the entry price so its more worth while for people to come.... Idk...thoughts opinions?
makes sense and seems fair to me.

this will be the biggest dmt yet!! It just keeps growing and growing!!

Change the venue information!! it still says big apple comics!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tekkie

Smash Master
El Paso has to cross another state to get there faster. El paso is officially New Mexico
daaaaaaaaaaamn hey dakpo where all the cuties at!?!??!?!?!

i'd lose more money when i get 0-2'ed :c

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
If so many people do come, I say you guys should raise entry to $10.

Not that I can come without other Mew Mexicans coming, seeing as I don't have a car.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
My bro and I may be in Austin during this time. Will there be any melee here? If so we'll stop by :D
Last tournament we did melee. This tournament we are doing a Brawl- side event. But if you come and bring a setup ill def play some melee with you guys !!

If so many people do come, I say you guys should raise entry to $10.

Not that I can come without other Mew Mexicans coming, seeing as I don't have a car.
You should rally together and convince all the new mexicans to come!! It would be awesome to get play you guys!!

Top Bottom