• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Game You Can Play With SSBB

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Hey, yesterday, I was just thinking, and I came up with a new idea for a game that you can play in brawl! It requires that there is no time limit however, so you can't play it over wi-fi :(. I call this game, smash soccer.

Smash Soccer
Rules:
You must have Beam Sword, the Soccer Ball, Lip's Stick, Sandbag, Fan, Star Rod, Super Scope, Ray Gun, Fire Flower, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Gooey Bomb, Smoke Ball, and Mr. Saturn. This game can only be played with four people, and only on this this stage:

So, the idea of the game is to get one of the items into the other team's goal. There are two players per team. One is a goalie, and must stay within the boundary of his or her team. The boundaries of goalies are shown below:

The other player is an offender. They can move out to the yellow lines before they have to stop.

Goalies are also the only ones who can grab items outside of their areas. As you can see in the first picture, they both have a passage down to the lower level. They can grab items down there. Offenders cannot. Offenders can only grab items in the red squares in the first picture. Here is where the other spot the goalies can go is. NOTE: it is also the only spot where actual combat may take place.

Now the idea is to get the items in the goals:

The player (both offenders and goalies) may block the items by either using an attack, catching them, or letting them hit them. You must throw the items in order to score. The Super Scope, Ray Gun, Fire Flower, and Star Rod may be used up before scoring. This is the game I thought of, and I hope you all have fun playing it!

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Why not just create a stage rather than use Temple? I mean, it seems one-sided thanks to the structure and design of Temple, plus in Stage Builder, you can add cage like structures that look like goals anyway.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
I found that it was rather unique, as there were two entrances to the underground place, and if you are playing at a friend's house, they wouldn't have to make the stage.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
That's the beauty of Smash. You're given so much freedom you can play it however you like it. In fact, Melee's instruction manual has ideas for some game modes.
Your idea is pretty OK for anyone interested. Though, like it's been said before, a custom stage would work better.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Huh, I wish I knew some of those things from melee. That is, if you can use them in Brawl. But, I rather like Zelda's Temple, and the two different entrances are unique.

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
What is the reasoning behind the banned characters? They seem like they are arbitrarily selected.

Also, how do you insure you get those specific items? Isn't a lot of time spent... waiting? And if they fall off the stage, then what?

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
If you have it set to high, there is no waiting. There can be more than one item on the stage at a time. Also, there's a reason for every banned character. Sonic and Captain Falcon are both ridiculously fast. It's not fair to those playing as others. Pit, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Peach, and R.O.B. all have some sort of reflector or counterattack. The idea is to train you very powerfully by having you stop items with normal attacks or to grab them in midair. Kirby, King Dedede, and Wario all can eat items. That's almost the same as a counterattack. the final four all have ridiculously high amounts of projectiles. That's not fair if there's a Ganondorf on one side of the stage and a Ness using PK thunder to kill him.

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
If you have it set to high, there is no waiting. There can be more than one item on the stage at a time. Also, there's a reason for every banned character. Sonic and Captain Falcon are both ridiculously fast. It's not fair to those playing as others. Pit, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Peach, and R.O.B. all have some sort of reflector or counterattack. The idea is to train you very powerfully by having you stop items with normal attacks or to grab them in midair. Kirby, King Dedede, and Wario all can eat items. That's almost the same as a counterattack. the final four all have ridiculously high amounts of projectiles. That's not fair if there's a Ganondorf on one side of the stage and a Ness using PK thunder to kill him.
The game itself sounds pretty well thought out and seems as it could conceivably be fun.
But the ban list kinda sucks the fun out of it. If players are losing to fast characters, they should be more inclined to use a faster character as their (non-goalie) character. If someone doesn't use faster characters well, then they should play goalie.
I don't see why eating items is a problem. It doesn't help anyone win, as the goal is to score, not just get rid of items.
The characters with counterattacks being banned is also weaksauce, because I think that a well timed deflection into a score leads to more excitement than pick-up-item-and-throw-it mundaneness.

Also, you say it's not fair if there's a Ganondorf on one side of the stage and Ness usning PK Thunder to kill him, but it's against the rules, since only the goalies have access to the lower level, and that is the only place where combat can take place. So that situation shouldn't happen.
And if a player has a problem blocking PK Thunder, how can they possibly play well enough to benefit his partner in this game?

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
First, I guess you had a good point about the counterattacks. They are just as hard to time as a regular attack. And eating things doesn't make sense either. I think I shall remove the ban list, as everyone likes the fast characters and are usually experienced with them.

U.K.L.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0061-1001-8130
what about tennis just stage builder a straight line and and 2 going up like this l___l see get a shell and hit it yeaah =)

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Odd that I hadn't thought of that as I am a tennis player and not a soccer player. I suppose you could play most sports off of this idea.

Top Bottom