• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming #2 - The Best in CT?, Wallingford, CT 12/4/10 - Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Singles:

1: ADHD

2: Nairo

3: Fatal

4: HyperDabuz

5: Vinnie

5: Bizkit

7: Will

7: Pelca

9: Ish
9: vVv Cheese
9: Sexy Cola (Bass)
9: TeeVee
13: JJ Wolf
13: Der Zorn Des Konig (Verm)
13: Kiwi
13: MBlaze
17: Pane
17: Gunblade
17: SoupraSonic
17: Serriph
17: Defeat
17: Captain Calamity and the Chaos Crew (Ace)
25: Drock

Bracket Image:

Doubles:

1: ADHD + Nairo ($84.00)
2: Fatal + Pelca ($42.00)
3: Dabuz + Vinnie ($14.00)
4: Will + TeeVee
5: Bizkit + JoeST
5: JJ Wolf + Pane
7: Ish + Izumi

Bracket Image:

Random Character Singles:

1: Vinnie
2: Nairo
3: Bizkit
4: Tymer
5: Pelca
5: Gunblade
7: Drock
7: vVv Cheese
9: Kiwi
9: Captain Calamity and the Chaos Crew
9: MBlaze

Bracket Image:

Thank you NY/NJ for coming to this, it was a lot of fun! Thanks to Arc and Pelca for Twittering/calling matches.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yea I'm so lazy. I titled it "The best in CT?" On aib and the tourney thread here to differentiate them xd. In fact, lemme fix that in this title.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Well, yeah, there's that.
xD
Also talking about how your brawl ones share the same name as my melee ones.
Kinda cool though so w/e

Vinnie

Smash Master
Bah, I failed =/ maybe I can do better next time...

It was nice seeing everyone, too bad the other NJ carpool couldn't go though :/.

GGs to all.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I had a ton of fun at this tourney, despite placing poorly and getting kinda screwed lawl.

Good stuff Pelca and Will for beating me.

Shoutouts to IHOP crew.

Shoutouts to Random for being terrible for me, but reminding me to put work into the new character I want to learn.

Shoutouts to dropped grabs.

Shoutouts to salt.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
The brackets wrong. Nairo took a set off ADHD in grand finals 3-2 then lost to 3-0 second set.

Dark Fawful

Smash Cadet
1: ADHD hahaha gg bro close matches

2: Nairo thanks for the advice man, my dk will get there one day.

3: Fatal wow get lucky, scrub.

4: HyperDabuz i used to look up to you

9: vVv Cheese wow great matches friend, ggs

9: Sexy Cola (Bass) ur kinda hot

9: TeeVee ur mad short

13: JJ Wolf haha 13th scrub.

13: Der Zorn Des Konig (Verm) great ganon!

ggs everyone!!!

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
Fun tournament. Great seeing so many Wolf mains. I meant to play a bunch more people, but getting there at 3:30 made that tough. Have to get to the venue a lot earlier, next time.

1: ADHD- Congrats on first.
2: Nairo- Congrats on second.
3: Fatal- Nice job on third and thanks for the info about the Sonics in Mass. I might actually go to a tourney near Boston now, lol.
4: HyperDabuz- ohey
5: Vinnie- oh hey
5: Bizkit- Thanks for putting me into singles early and thanks for hosting the tourney. Nice job on 5th.
7: Will- oh hey
7: Pelca- GG's for the random and good job beating Cheese.
9: Ish- GG's in friendlies. Had a lot of fun. Fun talking to you and learning things about Wolf from you.
9: vVv Cheese- HA! Sonic didn't have a long line after the tourney!
9: Sexy Cola (Bass)- GG's in tournament. Thought I had you after Game 1, but you read me like a book after that.
9: TeeVee-
13: JJ Wolf- Fun watching a few of your games and meeting you. Really thought you had a chance in that match vs Vinnie. Good job, though.
13: Der Zorn Des Konig (Verm)- Best name of the day and gave me an idea for my next tourney name. Thanks. Hope to play that awesome Konig next time.
13: Kiwi- GG's for the random tournament. Too bad the random box apparently has a vendetta against you.
13: MBlaze- GG's in singles. Nice Diddy and your Fox surprised me, too.
17: Pane- GG's in friendlies. I was talking about it later w/ Ish, and I think your problem with the DDD mu is you're really aerial style. Try playing more grounded and see how that works.
17: Gunblade- oh hey
17: SoupraSonic- oh hey
17: Serriph- GG's with the bunch of friendlies. Always fun playing you. I'm just glad you play a bad character like Yoshi so I can most of the time. =P
17: Defeat- oh hey
17: Captain Calamity and the Chaos Crew (Ace)- While it's true we didn't end up going to Sonic, you did miss out on some really cheap but good McDonalds.
25: Drock- You almost beat Ling Ling one tourney, and next tourney two weeks later you finish last... Be more consistent!

Tymer- Fun friendlies, GG's in random tourney and I owe you $1 for the MM's. That is until I beat you in our next random MM, of course.
Izumi- Best Mario! lol GG's in the random friendlies.
Adam- I heard you were good from some people at UConn, but I didn't expect you to be that good. GG's and hope to play you again.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Wish I could've showed up for this, but couldn't get a ride and had work. Oh wellz. Good stuff everyone.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
ummm...my name's spelt wrong...but I liked this tourney a lot. Shoutouts to Verm (I'm still amazed by your ganon dude, ggs) Pane (sorry I didn't listen dude, I had to use Sonic even though he's bad lol. fun friendlies, nice wolf, and you'll get em next time dude) JJ Wolf(ggs dude, nice wolf. oh and that d-air kill on delfino was sick lol) Dabuz (thanks for the friendlies dude, I wanted to face your sick olimar though :glare: lol oh well ggs). There was some black dude who's tag I forgot but ggs dude, I'll try to learn those matchups better and maybe if we meet at another tourney we could money match. and thanks to the guy that let Dabuz and I use your wii for friendlies, sorry you had to move over on the couch lol

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
Tymer and Kiwi - Good seeing you guys, we definitely have to play next time
Bizkit - Fun friendlies, thanks for the tips. Nice job running things.
Serriph - Awesome Yoshi as always, fun friendlies
DRock - Great friendlies, let me know next time you're up at UConn
Ace - GGs, nice Diddy/Sonic/ZSS
Fatal - Good job on your placings, you'll win next time
Starlight - Good seeing you, Mario's broken
Will, Dabuz, and Gunblade - Thanks for all of the advice, you three are mad nice/helpful. Awesome DK/Meta, Oli/Sheik, and Marth/Meta respectively
ADHD - Congrats on winning, hopefully I can play you in something other than a Marth free for all next time XD
JoeST - Good seeing you, great Falco
Pelca - Nice job in teams, awesome Falco/Snake/Meta/Diddy. Stop trying to mm me lol
TV - GGs, I want to play you more next time, we got cut off
Ish - Nice meeting you man, you're mad cool. Awesome Wolf!
JJWolf - Fun friendlies, I hate castle seige lol

Thanks to Mass/NJ/NY etc. and everyone else who came out. Sucks to hear about the carpool that couldn't make it.

Everyone else : Shame we didn't get to play or talk much- next time!

Sorry if I forgot anyone

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Who is Ish?
What Keitaro said :3 Why didn't you show up, I wanted to see your Wolf in singles as well :< Anyways, shoutouts (apologies in advance if I missed anyone):

1: ADHD - Good **** and all that stuff ;D
2: Nairo - See above.
4: HyperDabuz - Thanks for the advice, I didn't realize I was doing that in our set X_x Good games, I won't forget about pikmin pluck %s next time lol
5: Vinnie - Good ****. And yeah, back-to-back Wolf dittos in tournament... don't see that every day haha
5: Bizkit - Thanks for changing the bracket so I didn't have to fight JJ round 1 :bee:
7: Will - I'm going to $1 MM you at every tournament until I stop doing stupid crap and win :p
9: Ish - lol.
9: vVv Cheese - That cinammon apple crepe was soooooooooo good @__@
9: TeeVee - Good games, screw tornado :<
13: JJ Wolf - ily <3
13: Der Zorn Des Konig (Verm) - I didn't even know Ganon could be played like that. Definitely recording those friendlies next time, I'll be prepared ;)
17: Pane - Good to see you again man, looking forward to those smashfests in January.
17: Gunblade - Closest set of my life @_@ It was nice to meet you :)
17: Serriph - Awesome friendlies, your Yoshi is legit. You should definitely make it to the next APEX :D
25: Drock - Awesome friendlies as well ;D It was great talking to you and Serriph. I'll see you at KTAR!
DNE: Arcane - Nice to meet you dude, fun friendlies :)
DNE: Izumi - ily <3 Sorry about teams :/

This was a fun tournament, just felt really relaxed compared to all the larger tournaments I've been to where people are in a rush to finish on time I guess :p

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Lol who seeded this?

I'm assuming seeds should be

1.Adhd
2.fatal/nairo
3.fatal/nairo
4.vinnie/dabuz
5. vinnie/dabuz

Then whoever after that. Well, good stuff to everyone who performed as well as they wanted to!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Vinnie and I seeded this. Both our regions seed by PR ranking, so Dabuz was pretty low. Top seeds were ADHD, Fatal, Vinnie, Nairo, Will, and TeeVee in that order. Then Cheese/Dabuz/me/Pelca.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Lol who seeded this?

I'm assuming seeds should be

1.Adhd
2.fatal/nairo
3.fatal/nairo
4.vinnie/dabuz
5. vinnie/dabuz

Then whoever after that. Well, good stuff to everyone who performed as well as they wanted to!
Nairo hasn't gone to a tourney in a month and in case, done nothing as soon as the season ended while Vinnie has been ****** and taking names since the new season started so that's why Vinnie got 3rd seed. And Nairo 4th because it's obvious he's better than the others.

Pay attention to results more =)

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
damn ksizzle going hard ...... I know Vinnie has been doing very well this season but even heis modest enough to say nairo is better .......anyways they both did well !

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Vinnie and I seeded this. Both our regions seed by PR ranking, so Dabuz was pretty low. Top seeds were ADHD, Fatal, Vinnie, Nairo, Will, and TeeVee in that order. Then Cheese/Dabuz/me/Pelca.
Hmmm, i see. I don't really think vinnie should be seeded higher then nairo because he's 2nd in NY and nairo is 3rd in NJ when you clearly know the skill gap between the 2 regions, but i have no issues with this. I just would've done it different i guess, is all. ;)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
hey, to whoever has wiis with replays of me, can you please put them up

in particular im looking for my olimar vs. vinnie's ics

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Nairo hasn't gone to a tourney in a month and in case, done nothing as soon as the season ended while Vinnie has been ****** and taking names since the new season started so that's why Vinnie got 3rd seed. And Nairo 4th because it's obvious he's better than the others.

Pay attention to results more =)
LOL his 1 win over atomsk, i completely forgot about that! >.<

Top Bottom