• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pharaoh's Judgment Live stream will be available! ALLY, HOLY, SWORDGARD, TIN MAN

GTA Smash Co.

Smash Rookie
GTA Smash Co. Presents

Pharaoh's Judgment:
Let my people Brawl

Seeing as there may be hype for Viridian City up in New Jersey and Cruxis/Fatal/Pharaoh/sexy Egyptian guy will be in Toronto within this time frame we decided to host one just for him to prep us for Viridian. Many of you guys have not met him but he is a beast snake player who doesn't ever touch the game. Pretty much like most gta players but I'm talkin months on end. Although, he hasn't witnessed gta scene nowadays, with our new blood, let him evaluate us so don't let him win!

TFNS
1444 Dupont St. Unit 15
Toronto On M6P 4H3

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per person ($20 per team)

Payout:

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 5%
5th Place: 2.5 (x2)

IF attendance too low it will be changed to 60/30/10/$10/$5/$5

Schedule:
10am: Doors open
10:30am: Registration starts
11:30am: Registration stops
12pm: Events begin

Food: There is a Piri Piri restaurant that sells pretty good food in the immediate vicinity. Just a bit more is a bar that sells burgers and other manly foods. Two blocks down there is a Caldense Bakery from which I recommend the "Tosta Mista" or Chicken Sandwich. Finally, there is a McDonald's which is around a 15 minute walk away.

Directions from TTC transit:
If you are coming by TTC you have either the option to get off and Lansdowne STN and take the 47 north to Dupont and just walk 2 mins west

or

You can get off at Dupont STN and take the 26 going west and get off 1 stop after Lansdowne.

For driving:
Google maps people,

Free parking at venue

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by the G&W hammer rule.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure in a 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-1 fashion**
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If there is a dispute, the striking order will be decided with the G&W hammer rule.

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege
* Delfino
* Halberd

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
*Jungle Japes
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Norfair
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

General Rules:-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green (inside venue)
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies and MMs. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

G&W hammer rule: Both Parties will select 1 representative to compete in a 1v1 G&W Ditto. The stage does not matter. Once a stage is selected, and the game has begun, both G&W's must use their hammers. The player who results in the higher number from G&W's hammer gets to decide their team or individual color 1st as well as whether they would like port priority or whether they would like to choose the stage striking order. In the event of a tie, the players must use the hammer again until the tie is resolved. The losing party receives the benefit the winning party didn't want. In 1v1, the person who obtained the privilege of port priority will choose their ports 1st. In a 2v2, the party with port priority will have 1 member pick a port 1st and the 2nd member pick a port after both members of the other party have selected their ports.

Staff:

GTA Smash Co. (Gichan & Tin Man)

Wii + Brawl:

Gi x1
Citrus x1
Pharaoh x1
Raidos x1
Mprime x1

Hacked Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man x3
LooftWaffles x1
SkylerSilver x1
Patches x1
Phiddlesticks x1
Darkshadow96 x1
Swordgard x1 (maybe)
Decoy x1 (maybe)

T.Vs:

Gi x2 (2 at TFNS)
Raidos x2 (1 at TFNS)
Phiddlesticks x1
Patches x1
HrcPoke x1
Fuddo x1
Tin Man x4
MPrime x1 (maybe)
Supreme Dirt x1 (If he can get a ride somehow)
AvariceX x1 (If he feels like it?)
Citrus x3 (If his parents let him have the car)

Power bars:

Gi x2
Tin Man x2 + 12 extension cords
LooftWaffles x1
Patches x1
Swordgard x1 (maybe)

Epicness:

Tin Man (Laptop)
Patches (Laptop)
Jasuke (Projector)
NekoNekoXD (Livesrteam)

Attendance List:

1. Pharaoh
2. Gichan
3. Tin Man
4. MeekSpeedy (maybe)
5. Holy
6. Supreme Dirt
7. XP (maybe)
8. XP +1 (maybe)
9. Zef (maybe)
10. Pills
11. Coast
12. SilentManny (maybe)
13. Iliad
14. HrcPoke
15. Puffmaster
16. fUddo
17. NekoNekoXD
18. ceX
19. Cohen
20. Jhin
21. Looftwaffles
22. Patches
23. M Prime
24. Decoy
25. Toronto Joe (maybe)
26. King Kong
27. Rhyme
28. Carter
29. Culex
30. Tdawg
31. Swordgard
32. SkylerSilver
33. Sk
34. Citrus
35. Phiddlesticks
36. Raidos
37. Sauce
38. Dinner (maybe)
39. Mr_L
40. Fishy (maybe)
41. JMO
42. Jasuke
43. Adry
44. Adry +1
45. Fat
46. Darkshadow96 (maybe)
47. Nostalgic
48. Vis~K
49. DDM
50. Hammabro
51. Blunt Man
52. Blunt Man+1
53. Remorse
54. Ally

GTA Smash Co.

Smash Rookie
MM fightcard

$5 Gi vs Sauc3 best of 3
$5 Gi vs SwordGard bo3
Gi vs Citrus $5 bo3
ceX vs Cruxis $5 bo3 any character
ceX vs Patches $2 bo3 Falco vs Lucario
Patches vs Citrus $3 bo3
Ally vs Citrus $3 bo3
Wolfblade vs Supreme Dirt $5 bo3

Some of these will be played out during friendlies/set-up timeframe for hype

Culex be "Selling a still in box brand new unused Xbox 360 Slim 4GB Kinect ready for 200$, with 3 extra games 220$." This is a sick deal, if you don't have a 360 and been thinking of it then this is the deal to get. If you want more information on it PM Culex or myself

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Great, another tourney.

So let's see, if I went from dead last to just below the pools cutoff from my first tourney to my second... I'm either going to place dead last in brackets or place just below a placing that matters. Or, alternatively, place 1st.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
January 22, huh? I have the money to attend... but do I really want to go all the way up there for my first tourney, or stick with Pound V? What about housing? Like, do we provide our own room (hotel, hostel, etc.)? I mean, last I checked, I've nothing to do that day or the several days after, so I could attend. It depends on whether or not the trip up there is a bit too pricey or not... same goes with housing.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I fucking love you
If you don't go... :mad:

January 22, huh? I have the money to attend... but do I really want to go all the way up there for my first tourney, or stick with Pound V? What about housing? Like, do we provide our own room (hotel, hostel, etc.)? I mean, last I checked, I've nothing to do that day or the several days after, so I could attend. It depends on whether or not the trip up there is a bit too pricey or not... same goes with housing.
I'll let Gichan take this one (He's lurking the thread right now, I see you Gi ;))

Gichan

Smash Champion
I fucking love you
Just a reminder that GTA Smash Co. Is Tin Man and I. And yeah we homo for you, so you BETTER COME! You can't not attend a tourney named after you lool.

Man, we would love Americans at our tournaments but I'll be honest with you. If that ticket to Toronto can't be under $100 for round trip don't bother and save it for Pound 5 because that is going to be an expensive trip that you'll need a lot of money for. But if you'd like to attend, and your main concern would be housing there are people here willing to do so. I, for myself, would be willing to house you along with ally and holy BUT you are to being a sleeping bag because there is only one couch and one other thin mattress.

sign me, pills nd coast up k

What happened to your other homeboys?

Pills you better stay with your decision to play Snake!

And even though you guys say your better at melee, you guys always come down for these tournies, mad respect guys we appreciate your attendance.

God damn Tin, lololol.

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
Likely coming to this, I'll be working/living in Toronto for the winter term.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
FORSURE i will go thats out of the question the only issue is that if it finishes mad late then the busses might not be running and i might not have a ride home so ill have to have a plan b for someone to drive me back home just in case

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Man, we would love Americans at our tournaments but I'll be honest with you. If that ticket to Toronto can't be under $100 for round trip don't bother and save it for Pound 5 because that is going to be an expensive trip that you'll need a lot of money for. But if you'd like to attend, and your main concern would be housing there are people here willing to do so. I, for myself, would be willing to house you along with ally and holy BUT you are to being a sleeping bag because there is only one couch and one other thin mattress.
I'll see what I can do. Honestly, it isn't the price of the bus/train ticket that worries me, more than it's housing in with total strangers. I'm... rather shy, unless I bring a friend. I can try to drag a friend along - preferably one who also plays Brawl. But don't quote me on that just yet. I'll let you know in due time if I will be able to attend or not. :3

Patches

Smash Master
I'll see what I can do. Honestly, it isn't the price of the bus/train ticket that worries me, more than it's housing in with total strangers. I'm... rather shy, unless I bring a friend. I can try to drag a friend along - preferably one who also plays Brawl. But don't quote me on that just yet. I'll let you know in due time if I will be able to attend or not. :3
Well, if this is going to be your first tournament. I guarentee this, you will have LOTS of fun around the GTA crowd. I've yet to go to one of our tournaments, where I havent loved every moment of it.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Even if you don't make it far, you can still play tons of friendlies and ask the top players and placers for tips on how to improve and what you're doing right.

Tournies are the best environment to get better and to learn what you need to in order to get better at the game competitively. It's at tournies you'll see techniques and strategies you never thought of just playing with buddies or training with the same people over and over.

Top Bottom