• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moses Presents RAGE: April 16th, LOCATION CONFIRMED, SENDING HYPE

Moses.

Smash Journeyman

April 16th, 2011
Gainesville, FL​

Venue:

Delta Upsilon Fraternity, Δϒ
1814 W. University Ave.
Gainesville, FL 32603

Events:
Melee Doubles
Melee Singles
Amateur Bracket: Players knocked out of the tournament early (either 0-2 in bracket or not make it out of pools) will have a chance to buy into the Amateur Bracket. This bracket will function the same as the regular bracket, but with amateurs instead.

Prices:
Venue Fee: $5 (will be going towards charity)
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per player)
Singles: $10
Amateur Bracket: $5
*Subject to change prior to tournament.

Payouts:
Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Singles:
Amateur Bracket:

Tournament Schedule:
11:00 - 12:00: Registration
12:00 - 3:00: Doubles
3:00 - 10:00: Singles
10:00: Leave Venue

Rules:

Finals AND semifinals will both be best 3 of 5, with best 2 of 3 for the rest of the bracket.
If we have enough people, we will try to run pools with 2 of 3 sets in pools.

Attendance/Interested:

1. Moses (Gainesville)
2. Linguini (Gainesville)
3. RockCrock (Gainesville)
4. Harriettheguy (Gainesville)
5. Mighty Mo (Gainesville)
6. BladeOfApollo (Gainesville)
7. VGMastaRicky (Gainesville)
8. Blindghost (Gainesville)
9. Raistlin (Gainesville)
10. CashMooney (Gainesville)
11. HungryBox (Orlando)
12. Blea Gelo (Miami)
13. RedHalberd (Tampa)
14. Zone (Panama City)
15. Pengie (Orlando)
16. Rohins (Tampa)
17. +Tampa
18. Terror (?)
19. DewDaDash (Gainesville)
20. Plup (Orlando)
21. D Who? (Auburndale)
22. Masky <3 (Gainesville)
23. Kris (Gainesville)
24. Waza (Gainesville)
25. Saiya (Gainesville)
26. Miles (Gainesville)
27. azianraven (Davie)
28. Skrach (Orlando)
29. Phanna (Gainesville)
30. Colbol (Casselberry)
31. Zoro (Orlando)
32. TropicalTaco (Panama City)
33. DarkSonic (Orlando)

HYPE:

SIGNATURE BANNER:
Here a wicked banner I made for my signature. Show your support with this!​

Part of a series of Atlantic South Smash Tournaments

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Get excited! Y'all need to tell your kids. Tell your wife. And tell your husbands, cuz we're inviting everybody out here!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Nope. Pound 5 is two weeks after this. NOOB 3 is three weeks before this. Chose the date more or less in the middle.

GET HYPED!

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Kinda disappointing that brawl isn't in here. Regardless I suppose I'll go to this and play melee competitively for the first time in over 2 years :)

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Sorry there will be no Brawl at this event. The council of Gainesville has decided that this will be a Melee only event.

But congrats on 400 posts.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if there will be a venue fee or not.

Sure Max we would love you to help. And we'd like it more if you would play!

If we get enough interest from all over Florida I would love to run Crew Battles.
Gainesville vs. Orlando vs. Tampa vs. Jacksonville vs. Tallahassee/Panhandle vs. Miami/SOFLO
Where you at?

Also, another idea that has been mentioned by Harriettheguy is Amateur Crews. We take crews consisting of lesser known/up and coming players (as designated by veterans) from each region and let them battle it out!

Also, I thought that maybe an Amateur Bracket could be run for those knocked out of the bracket early. That would give more incentive for those people to play because they would get to play longer and they would get more experience.

What do you guys think?

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
If you have enough setups, amateur brackets make a ton of sense, and are a great idea.

Take people who get knocked out at the same level of the tournament, and put them in their own 8 person bracket. Matches get a lot closer... and you can end up with much more specific results (unless you don't want that guy who didn't win any matches to know he got last.)

But if you're planning on doing that and singles and teams and crews you're gonna need a TON of setups. 1 for every 2 smashers is the optimal number.

And unfortunately, I dont see how I could make this.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Yeah... jesus christ. As much as everyone would love to do 30 side events, is that really possible? I would much rather play friendlies, but maybe that's just me.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Well I wasn't suggesting we do all of them. They are just ideas. I would like to do at least one and see how much time we have. Depends.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
Amateur brackets sound pretty fun. It gets the Rock out of the 'crock'pot of competitors and allows new guys to shiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :chuckle:

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Chances of me going to this are 50/50.

Already going to NOOB3 in Jan and I really wanna go to Pound 5 (which is also in feb)

Driving to Gsville for a tournament (gas + entrance) AND going to another tournament the same month might be a little too much for my pockets.

I'll deff see what I can do though :)

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Hey matt: you might wanna get this tourney revved up soon. Gotta hype it up a little or something...

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
We are currently in the process of finding a suitable venue. I've called a few hotels and we're checking a lot of places. If you guys have any ideas or have place you want me to check out let me know!

We are also currently in the process of making a hype video. Hopefully it will be done sometime this weekend!

Top Bottom