• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Option Selects with Lucario [Edited with Info] post so I feel loved :(

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
for reference and because I love you guys.

performed by holding A and buffering another option.

all the information in the collapses [ to be edited in later] will assume your opponent is around jab range.

for more information, ask or check out this write-up
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=95600

Offensive

Jab -> Charge Fsmash

Can either let go for slight charge or delay it even more.
Covers Sidestep, and maybe even Forward and Back Roll depending on spacing and positioning
You can also stutterstep back but not forward

Jab -> Aurasphere Charge

Can go into any Aurasphere Cancel
Can Shoot the sphere
Grab
Shield
Sidestep
Jump into air moves
UpB

Jab -> Aurasphere Charge - B reversed

same options as above, just no grabbing and AS shot unless they roll forward or something.

mosty done to hit with the charge hitbox

Jab -> Force Palm

Grabs people out of sidestep/shield after sidestep
sometimes can super armor through moves
FP flame might save you half the time if they buffer their sidesteps

Defensive/Movement

Jab -> Roll Forward

Crosses Up

Jab -> Roll Back

Retreats

Jab -> Shield

shields counterattacks
do any shield option before or after

Jab -> Sidestep

I guessss to avoid grabs

Jab -> Extremespeed

Weird Escape Option?
Want to grab the ledge?
its doubles and you need to edgehog someone? :S

Jab -> Dash

Cross-up
you can pivot grab or jump any time during the dash
or specials too.

Jab -> Short Hop

positioning maybe.
let go of A after you jump do to do aerials
could do specials too I guess.

Jab -> Jump

same thing as short hop you just go higher.

Jab -> Pivot Walk

sillier version of dash
can't trip from this

Jab -> Crouch

to syke them out
can let go of A and dtilt afterwards
if you think they'll hit you downB or shield

to be updated

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Don't forget that if you fight a Snake who likes to utilt you out of jabs you can roll behind him for frame advantage.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I posted in your blog and there's soooo many different frame traps and stuff we can pull off. Having the ability to cover multiple options at once makes us more dangerous.

I'd honestly have more to say, but we do not have the AS frame data...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah I'll do pivot grab sometimes when I know the character is more prone to spotdodge out of jab mixups and when I still want to keep my kill moves fresh.

SugarNerd

Smash Cadet
I dont know if I'm the only one that has noticed this, but Jab>Jab> FP doesn't do to well against Marth. Its very easy to break this combo with dolphin slash.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just do a full jab combo on Marth...I'm pretty sure you can shield after the second jab and bait the Dolphin Slash, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's better to do the full combo anyways.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
AA FP is a mixup that only works if you've got an opponent conditioned or doesn't know how to avoid it. If you do it on D3/snake you'll be lucky to get the FP flame hit them out of spotdodge before they do some major damage to you.

AAA is probably the safest thing you've got in the way of jab mixups, because it is the most reliable. Also, if this is someone that is upB happy, do AA -> shield. If marth whiffs the dolphin slash, hit him with a smash/Fully charged AS when he comes back down, it's fun :D

That's probably one of the faster/more obvious ways to condition something like that. Of course, then it becomes a guessing game when it's against good players.

SugarNerd

Smash Cadet
AA FP is a mixup that only works if you've got an opponent conditioned or doesn't know how to avoid it. If you do it on D3/snake you'll be lucky to get the FP flame hit them out of spotdodge before they do some major damage to you.

AAA is probably the safest thing you've got in the way of jab mixups, because it is the most reliable. Also, if this is someone that is upB happy, do AA -> shield. If marth whiffs the dolphin slash, hit him with a smash/Fully charged AS when he comes back down, it's fun :D

That's probably one of the faster/more obvious ways to condition something like that. Of course, then it becomes a guessing game when it's against good players.
possibly the best mindgame ever, wait and bait in the dolphin slash, shield it, then throw the FCAS as he is falling.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Just be sneaky on how you bait the dolphin slash guys. Remember, Marth doesn't like to be combo'd we have a lot of strings we can pull off if they don't try to dolphin slash you all the time. Learn when to hold back, so you can get a whiff dolphin slash, then punish however you feel.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I actually didn't think about a lot of these options, some feel gimmicky to me but otherwise I like it.

I'll give it a shot to learn these.

culexus・wau

I just listed everything for the sake of complete-ness.

this isn't the jab cancels thread guys FFFFFFFFFFFFF

w.e. I like talking about jab anyway

imo its our best move as far as ground moves go holy ****

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yup, most trusty and it's so good for fun reads.

Falco spotdodge after your jab cancels? Okay, do that again in killing range, I dare 'ya.

culexus・wau

btw guys I think the best one is the Aurasphere OS

mostly because you can choose what to do immediately after seeing the aurasphere pop up because you KNOW jab didn't connect.

you still have aerials/roll/shoot aurasphere/grab/shield so its da bess

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Don't ever jab at all against Marth. He can Up B you out of the first jab, even if you try the full Jab combo. Bladewise did it to me every time.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Most of the defensive options seem like garbage in 1vs1. Don't try jabbing your opponent if you are just going to have to sheild after jab 1 that seems kinda counterproductive unless you just misspaced it.

culexus・wau

nope its not.

shield their counterattack and then punish them.

hurrrp

one obvious person to this is VS marth

reversals orz

avoiding counterpokes is ****

its all about that yomi!

Aegis Effect

Smash Rookie
To be honest, it's the B-Reversed Aura Charge that seems the most useful. If your opponent was spot-dodging it's a good way to make them regret it. Later, during that fight or subsequent others, it would do for decent mind-game potential. Make them too nervous to spot-dodge, as it were.

culexus・wau

what

normal Aurasphere charge lets us do fair and grab

the b-reverse charge often nets smaller reward :<

Aegis Effect

Smash Rookie
Think about it. If they begin to dodge roll instead of spot-dodging, or even better, jumping instead of spot-dodging, we have a much more advantageous position. If they roll towards you, AS to the face. If they roll backwards? Hey no problem, you've got space now. If they jump? Even better, you may now proceed to B-Air.

Or I could be over-thinking it, but I don't think so.

culexus・wau

wellllll its true that the reverse AS charge covers roll better

but people get more scared when they're in sidestep and they see that big ****ing sphere that looks like it'll be out any of their counter-pokes.

I'll try and see with that more.

I like the way you think orz

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Don't ever jab at all against Marth. He can Up B you out of the first jab, even if you try the full Jab combo. Bladewise did it to me every time.
Whoa, what's this guy doin' here?

Finally showed up, eh Izayuhz?

Bladewise is good against bad lucario habits that normally work against bad marths, like rolling lol. Jab's another one of those things, although I've caught him on DS whiffs occasionally. He's soooooo good in doubles though.

Top Bottom