• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Survey: Check your answer (English paper)

Do tourneys run late / seeding problems?

• Generally run late, have had bracket problems

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • Generally run late, never had bracket problems

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Don't run late, have had bracket problems

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Don't run late, never had bracket problems

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Somehow this completely slipped my mind.
Working on an English paper for class, it's about running Smash tournaments.

Questions are :

1. Do Melee tournaments generally run late?

2. Can you think of a tournament where seeding was an issue?

It's like a running joke that we run late right xD

Please vote! Much appreciated
Also get fellow SWFers to vote too please.

Goal reached!
Much obliged, SWF.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Have and never have bracket problems are really extreme. Of course bracket problems happen. That's not an accurate representation of what you're trying to measure..

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well I'm just trying to establish a case that bracket problems exist
Somehow I forgot that common knowledge of bracket problems probably wasn't evidence :facepalm:

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I am with the majority so far.

At my tournaments that I hold, one of our biggest problems have been people arriving late or not wanting to play their matches on time.

Our goal to make things run smoother is to be more strict about time points.

The only problem with response-based polls is that they can (but not always are) be biased. Maybe there will be more people who look at the thread who go to large tournaments and experience problems with them, while local players might not check Smashboards, but have no problems with their tournaments.

Good luck on your paper though! ^^

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Fortunately this is a technical writing class where our stat skills are allowed to be a little loose xD

I'm also really doing this because I need to actually show evidence besides "well everyone complains about it on Smashboards"

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Wow... that's crazy that Generally run late, have had bracket problems is in the majority currently. I guess I'm not surprised but I'd say it's a mix (my experience) of running ahead of time, no real bracket issues/things running late, no real bracket issues. Then again most Melee tournies are pretty small over here NJ/NY (15-20, 20-30 generally) so it's hard to judge since there's no real strain, unless we're talking nationals.

Top Bottom