• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenba Gaming Center Melee Tournament (Long Island)

Gautam

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, this is my first try at hosting a tournament (and first post on the forums) and I hope this becomes a regular thing—let’s represent the LI gaming scene! I don't really know the format for running these tournaments so I kind of ripped off another template

941 Hempstead Tpke
Franklin Square, NY 11010

Registration- 1:00 PM
Tournament- 3:00 PM

Venue: $5
Tournament: $10
Prize: 60/30/10

Rules:
- No character lock
- Double elimination
- All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
- All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
- Items are OFF.
- If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
- Wobbling is illegal

Stage Selection:
-The first round’s stage gets picked randomly from:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination

Loser picks next stage from:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
And any stages from above

If there are any questions or anything I left out, let me know! Thanks guys, hope to see you here.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Some things to change:
  • 60/30/10 pot is preferred. Especially with $15 entry
  • You need to specify what the venue fee is. Right now it is unclear whether it is $15 for venue (to get in the building) or $15 for the singles pot.
  • Less players will be eager to come with the rules and stage list that you currently have up

Try this format instead

941 Hempstead Tpke
Long Island, NY

Price:
Venue: ??
Singles: $15
Pot will be distributed 60/30/10 to the top 3 places.

Rules

General

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is illegal
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.

Neutrals 1v1:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
^ what he said. Follow that rule set and the tournament will be a lot better. Going here no matter what, cant wait, been waiting forever for a Long Island Melee tourney.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
There's 19 confirmed and 41 maybe's on the fb event. So assuming there's not bad weather making a ton john out there should be a pretty good showing

Top Bottom