• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lux Desync

Teh Future

Smash Master
are all of them out of landing lag?

like idk but jumping into someone doesn't seem like a good idea to meeeeeeeeeee...

llol idk im tired

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've known how to do the dtilt to turnaround blizzard/IB for almost 6 months now lol :p.

Aren't these just doing a turnaround desynch after a Landing lag desynch?

What's different between these and a landing lag desynch or a turnaround desynch?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I've known how to do the dtilt to turnaround blizzard/IB for almost 6 months now lol :p.

Aren't these just doing a turnaround desynch after a Landing lag desynch?

What's different between these and a landing lag desynch or a turnaround desynch?
In terms of creating a situation where nana specials directly out of a move, the only situation where that's possible without hitlag of some sort is the one I outlined with all of the frame perfect stuff.

A turnaround desync is the desync where you buffer a reverse initial dash out of some of lag, landing lag or move lag or SHIELD DROP, for one frame of input. However this would cause nana to dash and popo to go into turnaround animation because of the sync and flipping mechanics.

The "Landing Lag Desync" is a buffered turnaround out of landing lag. Or where you manipulate the fast fall mechanics to make nana land first. Either way, nana is stuck in dash animation and can't do a frame trap setup until the IASA on dash.

So in essence, this is the fastest way to get to the situation where Nana is able to special while popo is free to move in terms of normal game flow when not in a standstill. If you're in a standstill, I think either your desync or a turnaround desync+shield drop are the fastest ways to get to that situation to setup a frame trap.

It's not a turnaround desync out of landing lag based on inputs either.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I don't know about the other IC's, but i've known of this. with LLD, your version and TAD, if you get down the timings, you can pressure your opponents with different timings.

DeLux

I don't know about the other IC's, but i've known of this. with LLD, your version and TAD, if you get down the timings, you can pressure your opponents with different timings.
FYI, it's not a timing thing for mine. It's a buffered input that is more input specific than it is timing specific. When everyone keeps telling me that if you "do X desync with the right timing", I know we aren't talking about the same thing.

The LLD to have what I'm doing occurs requires nana to land first which typically can't be created without long periods of desync.

The buffered turnaround makes nana dash first, leaving popo to special. In order to create my version, you'd have to shield drop.

On a mechanical level, it's much different than those two, and it's not a timing thing.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
i know you seem quiet proud, but this has be known, for a while like hylain said, atleast 4-6 months. The thing is, its so difficult to perform, in tourney it would be more of a risk when there is easier ways to use dysnch shenanigans that lead into grabs. In the scenario you offered i see this more as a risk then anything, I wouldnt risk this vs say.... after U-airing MK, especially since it has to be so frame perfect, your going to be punished for messing it up, yes you can practice this and get it down eventually, even if i could do this 9-10 in training, I would be reluctant to use it in tourney. and also... like i said earlier this isn't new.

DeLux

What Hylian is saying is different than what I'm doing. His has something to do with crouching mechanics. I'm not sure what mechanism it operates under, because I don't have my frame testing hardware atm. He and I discussed it over VM's and I'm pretty sure we concluded it has something to do with crouching, which mine does not.

If this were discovered earlier, it would have been discussed. Given that it is THE FASTEST method into a setup, I would think it would be discussed more if it were known. Or even used in tourney since it essentially it eliminates the need to do another types of setups that are common like the dashback and dashdance stuff. I haven't released how to do it, and people's guesses on how to do it are incorrect. All of which leads me to believe that people don't know about it because A. It hasn't been discussed before and B. People's guesses on what the inputs are have been incorrect so far, so they don't know how to do it. I did that intentionally in case the general reaction was "this was known but hard to do so we don't do it".

It is about as hard to do as a pivot desync. If any ice climber can't do basic desyncs, they ought to spend some time working on their desync game. I've been practicing with it for a day and a half. I can now do it every time out of any aerial whether it's auto cancels, hard landing, soft landing, etc. It is that easy.

But I'm tired of arguing. Since it's already known, I won't bother to post how it's done. You guys already know it so it would be a waste of time for you guys to read it and for me to write it.

/salt

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't claim that what he said was known, just that I've known how to desynch out of dtilt for 6 months lol. Lux and I discussed it and I am doing something different than he is, we both didn't know we could do each others desynchs heh. I think it looks very promising lux, so tell me at least if you're not going to tell anyone else.

If not, I'll learn how to do it anyways it will just take longer lol.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
How was this not known, I just played with this, and all it is, is useing landing lag, input a buffered reverse dash,(a dash in the opposite way your facing) and buffering a B special, the only thing that makes it tricky is if you dont buffer the special fast enough, Or you mess up the special, you get punished, or if you fail to buffer the dash you just stand there and do a double IB and get punished. And I apologize, this is way easier then i first thought its not difficult.. because its a landing lag dysnch.

DeLux

A. As my video demonstrates, you don't need landing lag to do it. So it's not a landing lag desync.
B. There are more inputs than a buffered turnaround. I don't know how many times I need to say this. Just reverse initial dashing creates the situation where Nana dashes while popo flips because of sync mechanics.

DeLux

Enda and Hylian, did my instructions help out and were you able to execute it?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I haven't really had the chance yet, been busy.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

DeLux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kks-WcJaB9g&feature=related

30 seconds in, he does your dysnch in a tourney match.... like i said this isnt new.
If you're talking about the Dtilt thing, that's the one Hylian was talking about. If you're talking about when he drops a grab, it appears he does it accidentally because of the being on the ledge mechanics. Not only that, he doesn't use it to desync, which makes me think he did it accidentally.

Outside of that, he doesn't use it.

People have done my desync accidentally on numerous occasions. However, nobody until now has been able to do it consistently.

Why don't you make a video of you doing it out of bair, dair, and dsmash. Since you've already known for months but admit it's just hard to do, you can take a few tries to mess up. But so far, you've shown inconclusive evidence and have given evidence indicating you don't know what you're talking about and don't know how to do it.

ALSO: I found a few more interesting things involving the desync from platforms. Hylian, once you learn how to do it consistently, let me know and then I'll take you into some of the fun platform stuff I found

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'm wrong im willing to admit it, that looked like the exact same thing you where doing in your video, I'm currently in camp, but when im out of camp and home from work, ill post a video. maybe you have something or are doing something im not noticeing, ill take a closer look when i can. If this is something new tho, then congratz.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
You are talking about specifically Dtilt desynch Grimice.

Lux desynch is NOT Dtilt desynch. It has more inputs to it than that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you're talking about the Dtilt thing, that's the one Hylian was talking about. If you're talking about when he drops a grab, it appears he does it accidentally because of the being on the ledge mechanics. Not only that, he doesn't use it to desync, which makes me think he did it accidentally.

Outside of that, he doesn't use it.

People have done my desync accidentally on numerous occasions. However, nobody until now has been able to do it consistently.

Why don't you make a video of you doing it out of bair, dair, and dsmash. Since you've already known for months but admit it's just hard to do, you can take a few tries to mess up. But so far, you've shown inconclusive evidence and have given evidence indicating you don't know what you're talking about and don't know how to do it.

ALSO: I found a few more interesting things involving the desync from platforms. Hylian, once you learn how to do it consistently, let me know and then I'll take you into some of the fun platform stuff I found

Looking forward to it. I actually know a lot of crazy platform desynchs lol that's why I told you to look into platform stuff. I don't know any of the frame data for them and several different things happen from platforms from seemingly the same inputs heh. There is some really hard stuff that is cool as well like trying to get the platform boost from blizzard(easy) but moving forward off the platform and blizzarding backwards without doing a b-reversal so you keep all your momentum(super hard).

Smoom77

Smash Master
I haven't read any of this thread really? Is it too frame perfect to learn? Is it worth learning?

DeLux

Imo, any desync is worth learning, regardless of level of difficulty. It is not too frame perfect to learn, I do it nearly every time now.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
So, in attempting to learn the Lux Desynch, I accidentally learned the Hylian. They're actually really similar lol.

Yay, two hard desynchs consistent. Now a bit more practice, and we out.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I still can't do my desynch consistently lol :(.

DeLux

Cheese stop trolling. Posters in this thread keep telling me you have to do a landing lag in order to do my desync. Hylian Desync has no jumping involved, so there is no way you could do his if you're trying to do mine.

Hylian-

Helpful hints:

You need to do it out of Reverse Initial Dash for it to work. If you try to do it out of forward initial dash, it will not work.

Try to special as close to frame 11 as possible, but if you're going to miss the special input, miss on the late side. If you hit frame 11 exactly, but don't fox trot at the exact time, you'll still do a similar desync mechanic.

Foxtrot frame perfect

If you do that, you have two chances at executing the same effect.

Also, I like to incorporate a DSC and then do the same type of inputs of reversal/dash out of special. I feel like it's not as frame specific, but have yet to do frame testing on it because I can do it easily. But I'll look into it at some point.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I always hit it on the first dash so I can turn around and capitalize on the opening creative, the second dash leaves the desynch behind you.

Top Bottom