• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

URI Smashfests! Every Sunday! Project M hype?!

So we have decided to start hosting Melee Smashfests at URI on Sundays, starting this weekend.

Awesome.

50 Lower College Road
Kingston, Rhode Island
(The room is on the second floor of the building, in the Gaming Club. HDT the Keymaster :D)
Starts at 11AM, ends when you leave

- Legit food in the same building with a cafeteria, and a bunch of local food places and stuff within walking distance.

- Good amount of space to play, comfortable chairs, plenty of setups.

- RI is small, little travel time no matter where you're from. 20 minutes from Providence.

- We'll also have Guilty Gear, SSFIV and other stuff too for those who want to play (SA2BATTLE HYPE).

Hype?!
Shut up and take my money.

People who've made appearences:
- Winter
- HDT
- Tichinde
- Unknownforce
- you?!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So everyone knows, I'm the one in control of these since I have to open the club. All questions can be directed at me.

Also, this one will be the only one this year, since winter vacation is coming up. They will resume next year when the semester starts, and will hopefully be weekly or close to it.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Cool

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I used to be on the keylist.

Im the guy in the red hoodie:

Does the room still look like that?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The TV layouts are slightly different, and we got new shelves for the board games, but it's basically the same.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
If I can make it, I'll bring ps3 for LBP, Demon's Souls, and all other sort of pstriple goodness

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The club does have a PS3; however, we recently lost all our data (because people don't know how to turn it off properly) so we don't have any LBP stuff anymore. So that would be cool Peachkid :3

Oh yeah, and just a reminder: The club is open to the public any time that people are in the room. While it's usually relatively empty on the weekends, there could still be people coming in to play other things, so it's not an entirely private room.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hi all.

Tich sent me a message about this. Since I live only 10 minutes from URI I will almost certainly make it. Its been a while since I've been able to play melee or brawl due to lots of work!

Any chance we could start at 10 instead of 11? A chance for more games is always nice. Also, will there be a need for additional setups?

HDT said he'd like to get his food on, so it's up to him. Last time I heard, though, he said 11am. We'll be open all day into the night, one hour isn't that big a difference.

As for setups, it would be a good idea to bring cubes and Melee discs. TVs, we already have about 4, but I could see the need for a few more of those if enough people show.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't think you'll be missing an extra hour when this could go on for at least 12 on a good day. If it becomes an issue later on, we can try making them earlier in the future.

This current one is a "test" sort of, to see how well it works with multiple people, and making sure we can accommodate them without disrupting the normal club activities if there are any. I might be acting overly cautious, but I've been playing it safe and downplaying this because I've never done something like this in the club before and I don't want to suddenly have a huge amount of people that we can't fit. If we start small and expand later then that's fine.

Currently the club has 4 TVs. There are 1-2 Wiis (one belongs to someone), 2-3 Gamecubes (depending on whether one of them decides to work that day), and 2-3 copies of Melee (one of them might be lost). I can also provide 1 Wii, Melee disc, and Brawl disc. Setups shouldn't be a problem, although I don't think that we'd have room for any more TVs even if someone brought one.

But I wouldn't mind Tichinde bringing his hacked Melee :D :D

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
By the way, is anyone in the Project M alpha test? I'd love you forever if you could bring that.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The 23rd is actually the date that I move back in. The smashfest itself will have to wait until the following week >_> Sorry everyone.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So Pound 5 is this weekend. Was anybody still around and planning on coming here?

I might be canceling this this week because I need to go home. If I don't do that this weekend, then it will definitely be the following week.

Edit: Maybe not. I'd still like to know if anyone's still here though.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just a quick reminder that URI's Gaming Convention is TODAY. Come by to play Smash all day or several other games throughout the day. There's also a concert by Anamanaguchi (and others). See the full schedule here: http://i.imgur.com/k3Rr5.png
I really thought I made a post about this before; I don't know how I didn't >_>
Sorry for the quick advertising...

Obviously there's no weekly smashfest tomorrow as this takes precedence over it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Attention: The smashfest will not be held this weekend, for 2 reasons.

a) I need to catch up on my sleep, because I had a very long weekend (at the Con) and I've had an erratic sleep schedule this whole week.
b) I have a lot of work to do because next week is mid-semester so they're really piling on the assignments and the midterm exams.

We'll discuss the future after next week.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I should have mentioned this before, but this was week was spring break, so no smashfest tomorrow (or last week; I really hope I didn't inconvenience anyone by not saying anything :(). I was in such a rush to get home last weekend that it slipped my mind about posting here.

I'm not sure what going to happen in the future. I'd like to host these as often as possible, but there might be more times when I'm busy with school stuff, since I'm graduating in 2 months. I'll have to let you guys know on a week to week basis. As far as I know, I should still be free next week (unless I get some kind of stupid huge assignment this week).

By the way, anyone else playing Pokemon Black or White? A lot of my non-Smash time has gone towards that, and it would be cool to get some multiplayer some time.

Top Bottom