• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC brawl Community CV

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Combo Video

Ok, so I decided that i want to make a community CV to help hype the community for future events and to get our names and our gameplay out there. I have a lot of ideas swimming around in my head and I need everyone's help to decide on what they like, and offer ideas i might not of thought of.

Here's what I'm thinking

-At Pheonix 5 I plan to bring my camera, I want to get a individual photo of all the smashers, This is so if your in the video I plan to show a picture of the person with there gamertag and then show the clip, this will all be synched with the music and done classy of course. I also need to get a group photo of everyone together so, if its possible between doubles and singles if i can get everyone outside for a quick group photo that be awesome, I need it cause i want to end the CV with a picture of the community.

*If you refuse to have a picture taken, you forfeit your right to be in the combo video, don't be a child its just a picture.

-Music. I have ideas for what I want but I don't know all the music in the world, there could be something that would work perfect and don't even know about it, so feel free to post youtube links to songs you think would be good for a CV, please avoid heavy metal, and cliche songs, and over used songs.... If you link something like linkin park, ima slap you at pheonix 5, then proceed to chaingrab you... be afraid.

-If you clip is chosen for the video I will notify you and you can help offer ideas for your gamertag, I'll be making everyone's gamertag with a program called After Effects. This will help me with spelling or if you do anything special with your gamertag (Ex. GrimIce )

- I'm sorry to inform you but, Not everyone will be in this video, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be, I'll be taking replays from anyone in BC, that attends the big and little tourneys, and If you got a **** clip, i urge you to submit it.

-If you have a replay, or clip you want to submit please contact me via E-mail kylemaddison[at]hotmail[dot]com or this site via PM.

-I'm really excited to do this video, and i hope the community gets hyped about it aswell.
Give me any ideas you got guys.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Funny enough, I was planning on doing this for Islanders, but a generic BC combo video would be fine too.

However, there is one major problem with this. Brawl has no combos. How can we make a combo video without combos? Do we just simply put Breez spamming tornado on people? Or just watch people chain grab each other?

But being serious, I'm assuming this is a "combo, cool, amazing and funny moments" video... in that case, I have a few that I'd submit to the combo video (for example, already on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOVV5pGzi7A , though I still have the replay of this, so we can obviously have a better quality recording.)

Anyways, I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

Don`t worry, not all of my combos involve 9`s :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Brawl has highlight videos, not combo videos.

Anyways, *subscribes*.

Expect me to download this to my iPod the moment it's done.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Sorry robert but i want this to contain only tourney/MM/friendlies. No free for all's.

Ya i know theres no combo's in brawl, It will be a highlight community video to showcase the talent we have in BC

SKidd

Smash Master
don't be a child its just a picture.
Awww....

Lol, joking aside,
I'd totally be up for this. I don't have many clips right now, but maybe I could muster 3-5 clips.

... Or an honourable mention =(

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
send me the clips when im ready to start taking replays skidd and if i see something i think is worthy of being in the CV then i will put it in, i dont know if i mentained but im not making this for the PR people or people i consider to be the best I want to inculde everyone if i can, so the more the better this is to showcase BC not just 10 people

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I think we should include great moments (as in, maybe good defensive moments), like my game 3 vs clouderz first stock, living until 200% and still staying alive. Sure it's not a combo, but fast forward past all the non-survival parts, and maybe that's good enough material? :p

SKidd

Smash Master
First off, Marth cannot chaingrab Falco with up-throw. Second, up-tilt > fair > dair is not a combo.

Lastly, gimping someone is not a combo, it's just a gimp. Plus, Falco's recovery in brawl is just awful, so anyone can do that no problem.

Psshhhhh, I'm just sayin' he got it wrong.

You know how they call highlight videos in Brawl 'combo' videos?

Yeah, that's kinda like this, a highlight but not necessarily a combo.

Also, M2K could do that on you perfectly every time.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Guys i know yall love to troll and debate on stuff and post random things, but can we be a little serious and give some constructive ideas, i still need ideas for music, i have an idea of what i want to use, but people may find something better, so please try and post some youtube links of music and stuff offer any ideas you think would work well for our BC community video... and no robert i wont be showing you getting ***** back and forth across the stage and watching a MK stale all his moves and you live to 200%

heres a link to a video this is what i want our community video to look like (except better) when im done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqpjugae1Rs&feature=related

SKidd

Smash Master

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
thanks but a lil too classical rock for what i want for the CV, im looking for high energy music that i can synch things to randomly, so high energy rock, or good electronica, but not over powering.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Hey guys.

I'm new to Brawl, so be nice! I've recently picked up Captain Falcon as my main.
played for hours, but it's impossible to land more then 1 hits?!

please i need some PRO brawl advice

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
How about a clip which was part of a tourney, but the match didn't count because someone had to test their controls in game, but something EPICLY EPIC happened during that time?

This match is void because I am nineing my {[(*9*)]} teammate (you need the video and the "match is void" line together though... but that can be arranged lol)

SKidd

Smash Master
Rob, what's the entire story behind that?

Who were the players?

lol, what tourney was that?

Captain L

Smash Champion
phoenix 4, he was testing to see if team attack is on or controls or something so he did it by attacking me with judgement, and as he said "This match is void because I am nineing my teammate" I got nined.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Phoenix 4 (with Alberta), it was doubles, me and Landon vs Max and Tero. Tero started the game to test his controls a bit (I think his controller was being wierd), so at the start I walk up to Landon and say "this match is void because I am nineing my {gets 9 on Landon} teammate". It's not excessively amazing, but given the fact I get 9's all the time, and I called it out when I got it, we laughed so hard when it happened :p

Edit: Landon beat me to it :p

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Taking replays now, they can be any vids of you playing that has some epic moments.

this video is to showcase BC, so any 1 vs 1, or epic doubles vids are welcome ...ALSO any free for all replays that have crazy ****, ill take also, ill put those at the end for lawlzy moments/Credits.

so robert u can submit your epic 9 video =D

Asa

Smash Hero
I want I want!!!!

I've always wanted to be in a combo vid!!

I'ma ask Asa to help me with combo vid worthy material. Platform Cancel shenanigans anyone? (CaptL, Kodokan and myself)

This is Cheeszeman, Btw

Top Bottom