• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TOs please read. An important project that requires your help. IT'S BEGUN!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
starting Jan 1st 2011 and ending Dec 31st, I plan on overseeing a project that will hopefully show how popular each character is in the current metagame. but I need your help. I need TOs to post the characters that each and EVERY person used in tournament in the results thread. If a player used more than 2 please only list the 2 MOST used by that player in the tournament. if you don't know who they used PLEASE ask others. I want everyone's characters. not just top 8 or 16 or whatever. EVERYONE.

yes, I'm aware this is basically a popularity contest, but it gives meaningful insight into exactly how much of a chance you have of running into a specific character

I hope you guys are appreciating what I'm trying to do for the community and I hope you guys help out as well.

please and thanks.

-RIP

HelpR

Smash Ace
...what seriously?

you know how much reconnaissance that requires TOs to do, right? Especially if the tournament is larger then like 30 people?

Only way this is feasible is if the TO records everyone's main before the tourney begins, and even then that's wasting more manpower then is necessary. I'm sure there's some TOs willing to do this, and i'm sure most are quite capable, but it seems like a rather large waste of valuable time.

I don't want to be the **** here, but this really just needs to be pointed out. Don't expect the larger tournaments to comply with this unless they're well staffed and have nothing better to do.

It's honestly a novel idea, and i think it'd be interesting to see this stat, but I don't see most TOs complying with this.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I typically post every character in the results thread. My most recent one i did not because I didn't have time. I can go back and edit it.

Since I already do this, this is no problem. Of course, there might be a few players that get missed.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I know its a lot to ask, but a simple way to do this is just to tell people before they leave to tell you who they used. I'm sure that you don't need everyone to do this, but yeah it needs help.

and tantalus, you don't need to go back and do it, I'm just going to start with every tournament after jan. 1st

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Let the new metagame BEGIN!

iRJi

Smash Champion
...what seriously?

you know how much reconnaissance that requires TOs to do, right? Especially if the tournament is larger then like 30 people?

Only way this is feasible is if the TO records everyone's main before the tourney begins, and even then that's wasting more manpower then is necessary. I'm sure there's some TOs willing to do this, and i'm sure most are quite capable, but it seems like a rather large waste of valuable time.

I don't want to be the **** here, but this really just needs to be pointed out. Don't expect the larger tournaments to comply with this unless they're well staffed and have nothing better to do.

It's honestly a novel idea, and i think it'd be interesting to see this stat, but I don't see most TOs complying with this.
It's possible. You can easily just ask people what character they are using for the tournament, and it won't bring up much issues.

Top Bottom