• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes you rage?

Frio

Smash Champion
Why hello there children. I'm starting up a guide on how to get your opponents so full of rage he (Probably not a she. If it is a she it's some guys gf and she doesn't care anyways and just wants more attention than a video game) can't play well at all. Some I'm asking for some help. Please just list somethings that make you rage.

TL;DR version, What makes you rage?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
People who post useless threads

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Projectiles that stun, such as Yoshi's eggs, Wolf's blaster, Link's arrows, etc. Doesn't necessarily make me "rage," just provides a little more complicated match.

Your avatar scares me...:scared:

SnoreStory

Smash Rookie
I have a list:

-Mr. Game and Watch
-Getting a Party Ball with Bom-ombs in it.
-Lucario
-People who obsess over freakin' tournament rules.
-People who talk crap.
-People who care about "tiers"
-Off-Waves

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i hate characters who have easy to use combos that always work and rack up like 70% and then they just spam smash attack when we're at the ledge until we die, like falco's cg, dairs, cgs, etc vs d3 and marios dthrow to uairs vs d3 and his dairs and fireballs-> grab

Limeee

Smash Champion
this is probably not a good place to post this thread, since people here never go to tournaments but:
-trashtalkers
-******s
-diddy
-falco
-getting juggled by tornado
-falco's jab
-getting your options shut down

:009:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The things that vex me, other than wi-fi lag, would be players who play super defensive. Not that I have a problem winning against them, more than the match becomes boring and drags on. Because they're so defensive, I can't do things that's combo video-worthy (on most occasions), and the matches always last too long to save replays. It's just a long and tedious borefest that makes my win feel unsatisfying. Other than that, nothing else.

I could say "I hate projectiles, MK's 'Nado, etc.", but those things can be toppled if you know the match-up and - by extension - know how to deal with them.

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Brawl wifi is the sole reason I quit brawl.. If it didn't lag so much I bet there would be twice as many people playing =\

Fly2D

Smash Rookie
I'm a girl. I main G&W. I DO have a boyfriend but I also DO care about the game. In answer to your question, sexist comments make me rage...

Jonas

Smash Champion
Losing consecutive matches can get on my nerves a bit. It's amplified online because I don't have have direct contact with my opponent, and because wifi lag screws you over.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Melee players that trash Brawl.
So 1% brawl players compared to 99% of melee players? yep lol.
Right on the moneyz! :laugh:

Another thing that upsets me are people who get too angry for losing too much. I mean, if you're losing that badly almost every time, then either study your opponent's attack patterns better, learn the match-up, or just get better yourself. I've seen a friend near rage and almost throw his controller because he kept losing. I'm like, "guy, relax, it's just a game in hindsight. My god". >___>

@Ally: What happened to your avatar of (what I assume to be) you raging? I thought it was cool. XD

webshooter

Smash Rookie
"Sup guys, I can own you all with Ike!"
FSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASHFSMASH

also, Toon Link.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Above all else, chaingrabs and annoying taunts really get on my nerves. Just because my only character that can chaingrab also can only use it in specific situations doesn't make it any less annoying when someone else does it successively, several times in a row. And characterwise, Pit and Peach. They have the spammiest movesets ever (I'd say even worse than MK!) and the fact that they have the most annoying taunts in the game (even worse than Sonic) doesn't help.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Here's a list:

-Stupid chaingrabs and infinites (hello, Dedede).

-Taunt parties (what's the point? Unless there's a hacker, but you just have to pray they won't pick the Homerun Contest stage or anything like that, if you know what I mean...)

-Lag.

-Zelda's up smash.

-Noobs that spam one move over and over and over and over and over again (like those Kirbys that keep spamming the rock move) and how Snakes, after dying, sneak up close to you, desperately trying to even out the stocks with an easy up tilt or forward tilt if you're at a high enough percentage.

The things that vex me, other than wi-fi lag, would be players who play super defensive. Not that I have a problem winning against them, more than the match becomes boring and drags on. Because they're so defensive, I can't do things that's combo video-worthy (on most occasions), and the matches always last too long to save replays. It's just a long and tedious borefest that makes my win feel unsatisfying. Other than that, nothing else.
I feel your pain...alot. Many of my best matches were longer than 3 minutes. Srsly? 3 minutes? That's way too short. What, were they THINKING?! I need some hax.

Losing consecutive matches can get on my nerves a bit. It's amplified online because I don't have have direct contact with my opponent, and because wifi lag screws you over.
Above all else, chaingrabs and annoying taunts really get on my nerves. Just because my only character that can chaingrab also can only use it in specific situations doesn't make it any less annoying when someone else does it successively, several times in a row. And characterwise, Pit and Peach. They have the spammiest movesets ever (I'd say even worse than MK!) and the fact that they have the most annoying taunts in the game (even worse than Sonic) doesn't help.
My sentiment exactly, I hate that appalling lag and the inability to fight strangers with a decent ruleset.
Yup.

BSP

Smash Legend
Losing, and knowing that you could've won if you wouldn't have made some simple mistakes.

zinadinpeterson

Smash Rookie
Well, I have very little patience, so I am also the type of person to run things Also, when my team loses, as it happens I do not even want to be human.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Things that make me rage?

A couple of things:

A) For some reason, playing against blatant noobs who know not what they're doing can be more annoying and difficult to take down for some reason... not that they ever win, but still.
B) Unnecessary taunting: whether the opponent doesn't do anything to take a stock, or simply taunts for no reason. The CPUs are notorious for that.

That's about it. I'll probably think of something else that's rage-inducing when that time comes. XD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
3 things that make me rage;

1.) a hard, long-drawn out match, and I try to push for the kill but end up being killed at a low percent for my impatience...

2.) Getting ook'd.

3.) Not being able to do the things I want to do (controller johns or others...)

:) But I get over it quite quickly.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Spamming Moves (Tornado :mad:)

The bananas

Losing streaks

Being juggled

Wifi lag

Sonic and Kirby's taunts

Not sure how you would put all of this in a guide, but the ideas isn't terrible

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Any Mr.game and Watch users spamming their smash attacks! I cant get past them without Metaknight :c
Spacing will help solve this, as will patience.

I just figured out another thing that makes me rage: elitists who down others for not using top tier characters. XD

Top Bottom