• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Update: :(

It went worse than I expected. Smashboards is the first to know bcuz srsly I don't have the mood neither the "power"to talk about this.

I went there to the mall, waited for her to arrive. Saw the friend of mine pass by where I was but really noticed till later. So here's the catch, we meet then like 10 minutes later he appears we start talking and then I notice something... she seemed into him. Well, then like 40 minutes later, they stand up and tell me that they are leaving. I was like WTF is this, I come a long way to meet someone just to talk like 55 minutes? Ok we bye each other.

I went for a walk inside the mall before leaving and BOOM I was on my way to check out what's new on gamestop and they came out of the gamestop grabbing hands... FML.

You know... could have told that the "meet" was going to be 55 minutes talk and the "other details". alskjdfalksjdfa

-end of rant-

long story short: I fail.
You don't fail. Things like this rarely go as expected. I'm sorry it didn't go the way you wanted it to. :(

Strife

Banned via Warnings
And now I have to go account for my incompetence and neglect AGAIN, with my boss/friend.

@Rated: Maybe they are into each other, but but from what you're saying it's doubtful that they're 'together' or dating. So you still have a shot, if you're into her now then make you're move now, while there is still some hope.

You're going to have to decide if it's worth changing your friendship, for a shot at her or not. Make uo your mind so you're not beating yourself up like this.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I went to bed an hour earlier than the night before and I still didn't manage to catch my train. I get so fed up with **** sometimes.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If I can't rock my red name for now, I'd at least hope that the original Royal Blue would be an option. D:

Maaaaaaaaaan I miss that colour so much.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yep, I feel you Teran, that color made me feel more special than just the simple "pranked"' one, plus it looked way cooler IMO.

:phone:

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i was listening to strip hop, a glitch hop mixtape, and i thought it was kinda mediocre but then one of my favorite trip hop songs from tip hop came on! but it was the instrumental :( :( ****ing LAME

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So apparently, when I'm making good points, and criticizing someone, instead of them to offer points showing me that I'm wrong, and to argue back in a cooler manner, they proceed to say that I'm "senselessly mad" or simply "*****ing and whining."

Mind you, I'm rarely mad, and I'm never whining.

So, what I've learned from today is, people don't like being told when they're wrong, be even more so than that, they hate adhering to any form of logic, and they hate actually putting up salient points to any discussion.

Well, most people.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
So apparently, when I'm making good points, and criticizing someone, instead of them to offer points showing me that I'm wrong, and to argue back in a cooler manner, they proceed to say that I'm "senselessly mad" or simply "*****ing and whining."

Mind you, I'm rarely mad, and I'm never whining.

So, what I've learned from today is, people don't like being told when they're wrong, be even more so than that, they have adhering to any form of logic, and they hate actually putting up salient points to any discussion.

Well, most people.
Yeah I agree with this.

The only way to show somebody that they are wrong is to sugar coat your arguments to the point that you're pretending their ideas are worth taking seriously.

In other words, you have to be completely phony and brown nose them or they'll invalidate your argument with ad hominem.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah I agree with this.

The only way to show somebody that they are wrong is to sugar coat your arguments to the point that you're pretending their ideas are worth taking seriously.

In other words, you have to be completely phony and brown nose them or they'll invalidate your argument with ad hominem.
And it's pissing me off so much, that instead of trying to look at what I was saying, I'm being referred to as whiny, and pathetic, and all other words, because there are people in the world who don't bother to think about a single word they say.

I honestly do wonder why I try talking to people anymore, if none of them bother to try to understand what the **** it is I'm saying. Now I wanna punch someone.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
People's mindgames, in particular, women's...

Having an argument with a female friend.
"Maybe it's better if you decide to just not be my friend."

What am I supposed to say to that? I call bs. It's more her just wanting me to validate to her. I hate that ****. Just say what you want

Strife

Banned via Warnings
People's mindgames, in particular, women's...

Having an argument with a female friend.
"Maybe it's better if you decide to just not be my friend."

What am I supposed to say to that? I call bs. It's more her just wanting me to validate to her. I hate that ****. Just say what you want
Something I'm starting to understand about women is that when they are upset, there is no point talking to them. They lose any sense of objectivity and they go into a defensive 'I have guard to myself mode', it's like they can't hear what you're saying anymore once they get like that.

Also if it's a big issue then don't talk to them textually. They'll infer what you write in the worst way possible, speak to them orally or in person, there is a lot less miscommunication that way.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Thanks Strife, that's a good idea. Messaging and IMing gives her too much time to think lol out her comments. I'll see if I can talk to her in person. Hopefully she's calmed down and reasonable haha

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Thanks Strife, that's a good idea. Messaging and IMing gives her too much time to think lol out her comments. I'll see if I can talk to her in person. Hopefully she's calmed down and reasonable haha
I'm not sure it's a matter of having too much time to think, there is just a whole lot less intimacy over the net. Also np and gl ;)

For some reason it looks like Salie Mae(student loan collectors) are up on my *** before my 6 month grace period is over. I can't keep putting it off, if I have the time I'll contact them today and find out what's up.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
My dad is pretty much a c***. I watched my bro's play at Edinburgh, and upon reflection, it was pretty good. Mind you, I was grumpy due to a lack of sleep that day. So I kinda said at the beginning I didn't like it, or at least certain elements. But it all got cleared up that day, and my bro's fine with it.

My dad comes up to me in the middle of the night, and says I'm "full of ****", just because I voiced my opinion. He then links me being a "prick" due to me speaking to people over Skype. He then grabs me by the shoulder, pins me to the ground, and bruises my shoulder really badly. I escape, and spent an hour in the bathroom getting away from him.

We then talk, where my father says I'm stupid and I wouldn't get 1 A in my Highers, next thing, he says I'm a really smart guy and I could get 5 As in my Highers. I then explain other times he's done stuff similar to this, then says I'm delusional, and claims that if he hit me, I'd be in hospital. And apparently, he's lost respect for me.

And he claims I should respect him, JUST because he provides me with a roof over my head? People like him sicken me. The days when he's offshore are glory days.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
My sympathies, man. My father isn't really physically violent, but he's abusive on a more mental level, so I can understand what you're going through, to an extent. My advice is to just try to bode until you can leave him, and all his negativity.

This is completely unrelated, but how is it being a Brawl Jigglypuff main? I can't expect that it's easy.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
My sympathies, man. My father isn't really physically violent, but he's abusive on a more mental level, so I can understand what you're going through, to an extent. My advice is to just try to bode until you can leave him, and all his negativity.

This is completely unrelated, but how is it being a Brawl Jigglypuff main? I can't expect that it's easy.
That's what I plan to do. I plan to take a martial art, especially since that fits in with my pacifism.

Also, being a Brawl Jigglypuff main can be hard, but I don't really care since I haven't played a Smash game in about a month (school occupies a lot of time). Wish I could, but my education is more important.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still have no idea what field I should get a degree in

I've been taking classes randomly based on spontaneous interests but nothing really sparks as special.

I was doing media design in early college, and I enjoyed it, but it's a tough field to get a job in and doesn't seem like a wise career move

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I might have forgotten to open my room's window this morning, in which case the room is likely to smell and my landlord is going to complain about the odor coming from my room again, what's worse is that rent is just 2 days from now and I'm always worried that he's going to give me my 30 days notice.

RATED

Smash Lord
And now I have to go account for my incompetence and neglect AGAIN, with my boss/friend.

@Rated: Maybe they are into each other, but but from what you're saying it's doubtful that they're 'together' or dating. So you still have a shot, if you're into her now then make you're move now, while there is still some hope.

You're going to have to decide if it's worth changing your friendship, for a shot at her or not. Make uo your mind so you're not beating yourself up like this.
Thanks man,

also: I talked to her about it. She's not into him bcuz she told me that he wanted something too serious and was going way too fast(she already spoke to him). In short: she told me that she didnt want a Super serious relationship, just someone who she could talk, share, go out on dates and stuff like that. So we are in the same page. I can't think of myself in a "we are soulmates forever and we will marry" thing. I am going out with her Next week by now. I already told her that's what I want too.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Thanks man,

also: I talked to her about it. She's not into him bcuz she told me that he wanted something too serious and was going way too fast(she already spoke to him). In short: she told me that she didnt want a Super serious relationship, just someone who she could talk, share, go out on dates and stuff like that. So we are in the same page. I can't think of myself in a "we are soulmates forever and we will marry" thing. I am going out with her Next week by now. I already told her that's what I want too.
Great ;)

Geez my life got shot to hell this week. My Laptop malfunctioned, my phone is missing and even my cable isn't working anymore. I'm heading to an interview which I'm pretty sure I won't get since I don't have my Driver's License yet, but I'm gonna try anyways. Sometimes I feel like I'm just destined to fail.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Great ;)

Geez my life got shot to hell this week. My Laptop malfunctioned, my phone is missing and even my cable isn't working anymore. I'm heading to an interview which I'm pretty sure I won't get since I don't have my Driver's License yet, but I'm gonna try anyways. Sometimes I feel like I'm just destined to fail.
Edit: LMAO, I just found out that my headhunter has been advertising me to my interviewers as a woman! And I have the interview today with no phone to contact anyone. Geez.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: LMAO, I just found out that my headhunter has been advertising me to my interviewers as a woman! And I have the interview today with no phone to contact anyone. Geez.
How do you own a headhunter? How could a headhunter advertise you? Other than as some kind of voodoo trinket/

I'm completely serious, what else does headhunter mean?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I often feel like I can't feel anything. What I mean is, most days I feel like I'm living my life through a thick film, and that I'm not actually experiencing things, and just watching myself do things. Like...I'm only going through the motions of life. It's hard to explain, but it's like being dead on the inside, I guess. I dunno. Like, things don't feel new to me, anymore, or fresh. Even if I replay video games, I get none of the same experience that I did the first time. It's just a dead playthrough (a more simple example).

I want to be able to legitimately enjoy things again, and feel fresh, new feelings again. But I don't know where to start.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I wish I still liked playing old games as much as I used to. Kinda lost that childlike wonder, so I understand.

Except melee. I could play melee til my head fell off.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I often feel like I can't feel anything. What I mean is, most days I feel like I'm living my life through a thick film, and that I'm not actually experiencing things, and just watching myself do things. Like...I'm only going through the motions of life. It's hard to explain, but it's like being dead on the inside, I guess. I dunno. Like, things don't feel new to me, anymore, or fresh. Even if I replay video games, I get none of the same experience that I did the first time. It's just a dead playthrough (a more simple example).

I want to be able to legitimately enjoy things again, and feel fresh, new feelings again. But I don't know where to start.
try going on an adventure maybe hike or go to the beach for out for a run..... i heard the outdoors help alot with stuff like this

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
My best friend told me to try new things, things that I wouldn't normally do. I wouldn't normally take a hike, so maybe I should. I'll just have to find the time, I guess. But thanks, I'm definitely going to have to change it up, or something.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
My best friend told me to try new things, things that I wouldn't normally do. I wouldn't normally take a hike, so maybe I should. I'll just have to find the time, I guess. But thanks, I'm definitely going to have to change it up, or something.
No problem :D.
Hope everything goes well... Soon

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Try getting a girlfriend.

Edit: That sounds cynical. I mean it in a positive encouraging way.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Cowboys lost when they were up the ENTIRE GAME! Its like u being up 4 stocks low % and the other guy A NOOB ****TY PLAYER coming back and beating u! soooo stupid :(

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Fahk!

They lost due to choking+stupidity!.

Fml.

:rage:

This was posted in the NFL after the Cowboys lost.
And to be honest I am very salty right now too that they lost. It was so awful how they decided to lose. Just so many mistakes in the second half.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Cowboys lost when they were up the ENTIRE GAME! Its like u being up 4 stocks low % and the other guy A NOOB ****TY PLAYER coming back and beating u! soooo stupid :(

A lot of teams seem to beat themselves up more than the opponent.

Skins and Dallas are good examples.

And yesterday, we got crushed by Clemson. =( We had much better stats too. Just sucks.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
This was posted in the NFL after the Cowboys lost.
And to be honest I am very salty right now too that they lost. It was so awful how they decided to lose. Just so many mistakes in the second half.
Yess posted by me haha...
Sooo stupid... Like I understand hes hurt but dude to the Lions.. Ur kidding they effin suck thwy were getting ***** the entire time!

Top Bottom