• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TC's Smash Café # 4 - Welcome to Michigan..where Metaknight is our destiny.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Introduction

*** Credit goes to Ori for this **** banner***

Welcome to the new monthly installment for the Michigan Smash Scene presented to you by Michigan's most active Tournament Organizer: Me: Technical_Chase :bee: And for this event I introduce to you my new assistant T.O: Xatic.

As you all know, there were some spacing shenanigans at the last Gameyard event in which I did NOT appreciate. And so I found a great new venue for our exclusive monthly tournaments! It is located inside of AJ's Cafe in Downtown Ferndale, Michigan. Located conveniently in the heart of the city, it has food, drinks, free wifi and it's centrally located around gas stations, fast food places and more.

And it's located 5 minutes from my house ;)

AJ's Music Cafe
240 West 9 Mile Rd
Ferndale, Michigan 48220
Get Directions

Dates and Times

May 21st, 2011

Venue opens at 9:30 am.
Doubles starts at 11:00-15.
Singles pools will start when doubles is almost over (like winner and losers semis)
If we don't have time for pools then we will do straight bracket.
2:30 - Singles pools start.
5:30 - Bracket begins.

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Singles Rules
1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. All infinites are legal.
5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
* In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
* If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles:

1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Doubles Set Procedure:

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority:
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise - New!

Counterpick:

Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1 - New!
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking, random selection or mutual agreement and they must choose a Neutral (Starter) stage.

The Stage Striking Process:

The five neutral stages will be the only highlighted ones in the Stage Selection menu. Players can rock-paper-scissors to see who strikes first or mutual agree.

The first player strikes one stage from the 5 neutrals.

The second player strikes two stages from the remaining stages.

The first player strikes one more stage from the list. The remaining stage is the one that will be played for the first match of the set.

The Double Blind Selection Rule

If both players are having a dispute as to how to select their characters for the first match (usually to avoid unfair counterpicking) the Double Blind Rule may be used. A neutral third party (usually a T.O) will be called in and both players will tell the T.O. their character. Then both players will pick their characters at the same time.

The Counterpicking Process:

Before the player who lost the previous match selects their stage, the opponent may designate a stage ban. That stage cannot be selected by that player for the entire set.
The player who lost the previous match will then select their stage for the next match.
The opponent may switch characters after the stage selection.
Once the opponent has selected their character, the player who lost the previous match may finally change their character if they desire.

Conduct Rules

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

Get At Us!

Tech_Chase/Derek - 248-796-1479

Xatic/Scott - (585) 698 5341

Housing and Carpooling

Tech_Chase: Offering house for those who are traveling a long way.

Parking

There is a huge parking lot behind the cafe but the parking is metered. There are however many side streets around the area that just require you to walk a few minutes.

Attendance

1. Tech_Chase
2. Lain
3. Gifts
4. DRDN
5. Gio
6. Van
7. Apasher
8. SJD
9. Tutu
10. Xatic
11. Rabbi
12. Darkfire + 1 more
14. Mikey Lenetia
15. LOE1
16. Scala

*I'll get the rest soon, need to check past pages*

Looking For a Ride Section

As you know... We have 3 drivers in the entire state. Which often means people are looking for rides. Below is a list of people who are willing to pay gas money in exchange of their getting a ride to this event. Their locations are also posted for convenience. So please help these people out if you can. Thank you!

Allisbrawl Listing

Previous TCSC Results
TCSC #1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296811
36 singles entrants, 16 teams

TCSC #2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12308434#post12308434
20 singles entrants, 5 teams

TCSC #3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12552109#post12552109
15 singles entrants, 5 teams

ZTD | TECHnology

You better make it this time L!

But I'm still looking forward to the next episode of "Is L Attending?". Last one didn't have enough suspense :o

ZTD | TECHnology

Lol amen to that SK. The space where the tourney will be is pretty legit and there's a big stage in the back we can use also for setups and so many outlets. It's gonna be really hype!

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I would love to come to this if anyone would offer to drive me, I will DEFINATELY pay my share of gas money if someone helps me out!

Edit: 35 minutes away from my house, anyone willing to help? +Hype

fZk

Smash Lord
Nice. Want to secure a ride to this, so Summer or WTP I want a spot in either car.

Summer, if you don't find anybody to carry you ;) we can team, but teams is not my priority for this.

ZTD | TECHnology

No problem Chi and Kass. Hope to see you guys at a future MI event though there will definitely be more. I will see about making to you guys' events also.

And thanks Kass <3

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I love this place! I used to play jazz shows here. It's a good venue definitely. I'm not confirmed yet, but anyone want to team? Oh and Ori if I'm in WB could I get a ride with you?

ZTD | TECHnology

You used to play here? That's pretty sweet I used to do my poetry readings here. I grew up with this place and I know the owner really well. <3

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I was worried about this being on the same day as Ohayocon, which I may be going to. There's still a good chance I'm coming to this though. Looks like a sweet venue. :D

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Marco I got you if you are in the WB.

Also anyone wanna do dubs? Tech_Chase wanna do our Shaky/NickRiddle here?

Boxxy

Smash Lord
teamsies L/lain/gio/goddy/Marco?????????? if I enter as a different person does that influence me not getting on the or???

JCav

Smash Lord
Only a half hour away from my house?!?

I'm there barring any change of plans!

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Family wont drive me 40 min away so yeah im pretty much done for the season. UNLESS someone wants to drive me, but we all know that wont happen. B**ches

ZTD | TECHnology

Props go to Sumer for making this my 2nd featured tournament on Allisbrawl. <3 Sumer.

Since the venue has free wifi I would like to see if we can get some livestream or at least recording up but I don't have the tools (yet) for that. If anyone (Ankoku) can hook me up and make this already promising event even sweeter let me know!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Rizk, do you live north or south of the venue?

If it's south I may be able to help you.

(That is if I'm not going to Ohayocon. I'll know later.)

Rizk18

Smash Lord
I'm bad with directions Dark, I live in dearborn heights. Is there a way to find out which way? Btw thanks so much for offering Dark. Hopefully you or rabbi can help out with the ride.

D

Deleted member

anyone running through lansing/east lansing get at me because i need a ride :(

how do i not get first post wtf my streak ends

Top Bottom