• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Second way to strip grenades

-Googs

Smash Lord
if you have 2 grenades out and you press B to do the empty nade animation while your opponent is holding a greande, it strips grenades the direction you are facing. Usually with 1 nade people try to throw it back and I strip it, but when I have 2 nades and they think they're safe to throw it back i do it. This basically allows snake to always strip a grenade off their opponent regardless of how many nades are out, which shutsdowns people throwing them back at snake completely if you are fast enough. I'm aware this isn't new but it's something to be mentioned that I couldn't find anywhere on the snake boards. I find it applicable, but i mean it's not game-breaking or anything.

Oh and this only works if the grenade is in their hands, it won't work if the grenade is in mid-air :(

I guess we could call it b-stripping?

napZzz

Smash Hero
I actually didn't know about this, and I'm glad you posted it

I'll make sure to try to use it, thanks :reverse:

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I personally knew about this but don't really use it since I use my grenades in a orderly fashion.

If I would've known some of the snakes didn't know about this, I would've been gave out the news. :)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
1. start match 1v1
2. press b twice as snake
3. press A once as other player
4. Press b one more time as snake

There is no need for a visual it is soooo east to test out
yeah could we get a visual example, im trying to imagine it in my head but im not understanding it at all @.@

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
yeah could we get a visual example, im trying to imagine it in my head but im not understanding it at all @.@
Basically al he is saying that if both of your grenades are in use and and someone picks one of the two up, then you can simply press b again, which will strip it just as a normal grenade strip would do. The only big difference is that you don't pull out a grenade, or atleast that's the way I interpreted it.

OhMySailboat

Smash Rookie
Maybe we could use this by trying to let them pick them up. No need to cook them, just toss em to them.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Its still Grenade Stripping. You guys already know what it does lol It's just a second method. General uses for Grenade Stripping include:

1. Placing airborne Grenads strategically for general pressure and stage control.
2. Mindgaming people who pick up your uncooked grenades and think they're going to toss them back at you.

E-Z

-Googs

Smash Lord
no problem. I've found that you can toss two grenades without cooking them now and have safe options for when they catch one.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... this is interesting. Oh, and you can add me to the list of people who had no idea about this... :I

Mprime

Smash Ace
thanks for giving me the credit of figuring this out and telling you about it citrus -_-. you forgot to mention that the grenade doesn't just drop from your opponents hand to the ground but instead it will be lobbed in what ever direction "you" are facing

Laem

Smash Champion
I always knew snakes fluent freestyling had to have a purpose, and now there it is.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
A key part of this technique that wasn't mentioned was that it needs to be the second grenade thrown that they pick up. If they pick up the first grenade you threw, it won't be stripped out of their hands when you press b. This probably explains why SeekHeart couldn't get it to work.

Top Bottom