• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion: Olimar

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
uhhhhh

bair pikmin.

dair through pikmin hitboxes.

thats all I got, don't play this MU muuuuch. I have too much fun playing lucario vs olimar.

I would think that peach would like to abuse her multi hit moves through olimar's aerials though.

stitchfaces bounce off and ohko pikmin ircc, I have to double check though.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It's funny, like I should do good against him and I think being aggressive is amazing but sometimes Olimar is still hard.

Rush with slaps, dsmash, dair (SPACE IT WELL) and gimp like crazy. Bair and Fair can hit through the pikmin but watch how much damage you are racking up.

If we do not gimp him Olimar can kill us early with upsmash, fsmash or fair. You really have to watch your spacing so that you don't get pivot grabbed too.

I like to stay in the air and rush him. Personal preference.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lance, you staying in the air and rushing him is the reason you are a\having a hard time. And why lots of Peach players lose this match up. You rush him and you are getting *****. I don't care if we win. I have said this MANY times before and I will say it again. Playing aggressive is Not hard to stop with Peach. That typical peach play needs to end from people alway. All olimar will be doing is rolling away, grabbing you and hitting you with smash attacks for playing like that. This seriously needs to stop.

When Olimar is tossing pikmin, here is a method I made to **** him for it. Have a turnip in your hand. Go in slow with ground floated Nairs. Kill them. You can kill like 3 at a time. Thats the mostI even killed at least. Now olimar will be doing this to get damage off you while you try to get in. Then go for pivot grabs. But he won't bve having that. Thats where the turnip comes in. Now move in slowly with grounded Nairs or Fair. (Keep postition if Olimar comes to you) Faster that, Glide toss the turnip to a Nair (or spaced Nair to a Jab combo). You kill a pikmin and go in with the turnip so incase he goes for the grab, it hits him. Or if you do get grabbed, the turnip will break it before he can do anything.[ You can also use that turnip to stop the Pikmin, and you follow up. None would get on you.

If Olimar is in a corner camping this is **** on him. he camps, you Nair or Fair to turnip toss>follow up. Up To three pikmin are done. And his rane is weakened. Now he has to get away from you to get Pikim. This meaning fighting you off. He could end up with no pikmin.. Now this is the time when you can be aggressive all you want. Pressure him and toss his *** around. Go back to the basic of why Peach gets in his ***. When he gets pikmin and camps. Use the same method. Don't rush him. Don't Rush the approach at all. This is what campers want.

You can just Nair his pikmin while his in a coner. While you have that turnip. Don't really have to go to him. Frm here you can affectively camp him with turnips. he won't have much to stop them with with few to no pikmin here is a quick apprach list with his camping:

Grounded Nair(many times as needed) Glide toss>Jab> Follow it up

Grounded Nair(many times as needed) Glide toss>Grounded Nair (Space this to a Jab if they happen to shield and follow it up)

Grounded Nair(many times as needed) Glide toss>Grounded fair (Space if anything to a jab. Auto cancel your fair correctly or you will lag from the fair and be an sitting duck)

Grounded fair>Glide toss>(follow the other stuff above that you could add after glide toss)

Grounded Nair(many times as needed)/Nair >Instant Dash attack.

*be careful with this. Pay attention you can hit with the dash attack, or you will be punish out the shield.*

If you Dair Olimars shield, Before the move ends, Fast Fall to a Nair. That way if Olimar was to Upsmash out of Shield. The Nair would eat the pikmin and hit olimar at once. But you have to do this correctly. its not really hard to time. if he shield the nair, Do a reverse Jab (or reverse jab Cancel in case they wanna side step or roll) This prevents you from being open from an OoS counter attack. If you space the Nair on his shield. This is official. He can punish you at all. if you don't You can try a Dsmash (Pay attention to shield. make sure he can't shield it and you wont be open after). or roll away. You can Get a reverse Jab in to play it safe as well. Then from the one Jab, follow it up if you can.

The anti camp Method I brought up here. You can Launch him off stage with this and gimp him early. if he is recvering from below, time a turnip cancel. That way, he gets simpes from his up-B and you grab the edge, Olimar is finished. From High, Create a wall. The Wall of turnips and juggles could force him to use the whistle. from there you can take advatnage and hit him with something stronger. Thus his stock cound be gone.

Some times it is not good to use turnips on him cause it can leach you open with the camping. thus you need to know when you should and should not get them. Learn tp pick your fights. For the case you can't get turnips. use grounded Nair chain to kill pikmin. This can make it safer to go to olimar and pressure him. Again, don't rush the approach. Nair chain, then moves in to spaced Nair to jabs and follow it up. if you have olimar at the end of the stage, the best option he has is a pivot grab to abuse the approach. This is why the Nair chain is important. You are killing his pikmin. Thus his range gets short and you can safelty pressure him. And he would leave himself open to a hit if he tries to getone. the edge is the worst spot olimar can be for Peach with this method. He needs to keep a standard postition.

And Pay attention to what Pikmin he has to toss/attack with next. This helps alot and actually tells you what you shoulddo based on position/situation.

So ground float ground pressure spaced and done right puts olimar to pain. don't always Float to Dair. This can make it easly for olimar to evade you cause he will just be floating. And Peach is slow when Floating to a point olimar can get away and counter attack. or just run to camp. And the match is not getting anywhere. Just leading to you getting leeched by pikmin or countered attack from the rolls. So Mix both floating and short hopped dairs. don't just do the typical Flaoting to dairs. Again, that typical peach play people gone seen for nearly three years will get you *****. If you are really techincal with Peach, That is a Plus. Gonna help you so much here. And I don't mean being flashy to show off and stand out. I meaning abuse her tools well and quickly.

Also Nair from what I seen beat with his bair and Fair. Reguardless of pikmin.it eats the attack and hits olimar.

60-40 Peach.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I kinda approach this matchup with the intention of timing olimar out. He's pretty bad at doing any damage to you if you're on the other side of the stage unless he throws Pikmin (which nair destroys). If you can get the lead (stock lead is amazing, but 50+% works too), then the match is yours. Just don't approach, floatstall extremely high if you want to, nair/bair away his pikmin, throw turnips constantly, and never approach. Oli's uair is extremely easy to see and avoid. His up+B is avoidable as long as you keep away from the 45 degree angle.

If he doesn't approach you, then you win via timeout as long as you don't take too much damage. If you stay above him, then avoiding his attacks is pretty easy, and turnips, punishing his landings, hitting him in the air, and shield pressure can slowly rack up damage. Timing Olimar out is always a viable option, especially considering how early his usmash kills... Sometimes it's best just not to get close. If you do approach him, then he will most likely just wreck you with OoS usmash, pivot grabs, aerials, etc, so its not advised...

Ummmm.... I've never been too good at it, but if you wanna avoid his constant OoS stuff against your attempt to kill kill him, then you can attempt the throw/hit him off stage->turnip/aerial->edge hog...

If the Olimar likes to air dodge right before they land on the ground, then float canceled bair is amazing. Launching olimar into the air is a great idea if you do want to play aggressive, because he can't do much beyond his amazing ground game.

Yeah.... time out Olimar. Keep him in the air. Don't approach.... ever.... Edge guard. Success

With lead, 60-40. Without lead, 45-55.

Xyless

Smash Master
Trying to time out Olimar only will really work if you have the stock lead. Otherwise, he will just stay back and rack up damage.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
No offense to D.peach but he doesn't know olimar match up.... I've played Pyronic_Star(Logic) for the past 3 years the game has been out and trust me.... You shouldn't be afraid of olimar esp if he Rolls lmao (easiest time to punish him.....)

When you play an Olimar player you need to 1 be very aggressive otherwise he will just run away and camp you with pikmin (of course thats if he knows how to play the character well in close up combat and ranged).
2. watch his pikmin color on his line up...
-Purple is for Usmash(80% if not careful and not well DIed), Uthrow, or just throwing it for knockback/stun.
-Blue is for grabbing at around 120% then he will either Bthrow or Fthrow (depending on which side is closest to death zone) also blue can be used for fair
(good knockback) and all other Smashes.
-Red they will use that for fair, and Uair. Fair because it has good knockback/dmg and Uair because it racks up dmg like crazy.... also used with all other Smashes for good dmg
-White is just gonna be used for throwing (unless they r bad with the character and use it for some other idiotic method like fmash *LoL*)
-Yellow, Now yellow to me is the dangerous one to be careful for, it would be used for Uair, Fair and all the Smashes. Yellow racks up dmg very quickly with Uair.... its priority is very weird... don't challenge it if u think it will be next because most likely it will win, esp if they r going to Uair...
3. jab him lol, he can't grab if ur in his face and jabing... which i find funny cause then they get scaried hehe... jab one time then float immediately (height a little above his head) and dair him, most olimars have a tendency to be confused and scaried and roll to the other side, which is when u abuse him for his roll....

but so much more to match lol gotta put a vid up hehe it can explain better than me lol But not offense to D.pch but he doesn't know that much up very well...

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Trying to time out Olimar only will really work if you have the stock lead. Otherwise, he will just stay back and rack up damage.
You can avoid % if you have like... lets say 50% or so just off the top of my head.

probably more depending on how static the stage is, you can run for a loooooooooooong time on Delfino for example.

Not to say you shouldn't approach, nor am I refuting that its safer to time out olimar with a stock lead, but just saying.

Peach and Olimar can trade chip damage fine imo.

Olimar gets his purples + chip damage and Peach gets her Bob-omb/Stitchface/Saturn/BeamSword + Chip damage :awesome:

[sort of kidding sort of not kidding on the last sentence]

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No offense to D.peach but he doesn't know olimar match up.... I've played Pyronic_Star(Logic) for the past 3 years the game has been out and trust me.... You shouldn't be afraid of olimar esp if he Rolls lmao (easiest time to punish him.....)

When you play an Olimar player you need to 1 be very aggressive otherwise he will just run away and camp you with pikmin (of course thats if he knows how to play the character well in close up combat and ranged).
2. watch his pikmin color on his line up...
-Purple is for Usmash(80% if not careful and not well DIed), Uthrow, or just throwing it for knockback/stun.
-Blue is for grabbing at around 120% then he will either Bthrow or Fthrow (depending on which side is closest to death zone) also blue can be used for fair
(good knockback) and all other Smashes.
-Red they will use that for fair, and Uair. Fair because it has good knockback/dmg and Uair because it racks up dmg like crazy.... also used with all other Smashes for good dmg
-White is just gonna be used for throwing (unless they r bad with the character and use it for some other idiotic method like fmash *LoL*)
-Yellow, Now yellow to me is the dangerous one to be careful for, it would be used for Uair, Fair and all the Smashes. Yellow racks up dmg very quickly with Uair.... its priority is very weird... don't challenge it if u think it will be next because most likely it will win, esp if they r going to Uair...
3. jab him lol, he can't grab if ur in his face and jabing... which i find funny cause then they get scaried hehe... jab one time then float immediately (height a little above his head) and dair him, most olimars have a tendency to be confused and scaried and roll to the other side, which is when u abuse him for his roll....

but so much more to match lol gotta put a vid up hehe it can explain better than me lol But not offense to D.pch but he doesn't know that much up very well...
You are basing this off off when I was just a garbage player. So I am not gonna take offense to this at all. You have no clue how I fight one nowor actually what I do and don't know. So do me a favor and pleae don't talk like that about me. Cause I can actually say alot of things about how you play and think atm and I am not even gonna bother. Cause I have no clue on how you play now or what you know in general.

And I will say I know what I am talking about. So if you have something to say about the match up then do so, and keep my name out of it. Thanks

Top Bottom