• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AQZ Netplay Input 0.12

The Star King

Smash Hero
Does this only work with PJ64 1.7, or with any emulator?

Also, do ports need to be forwarded to host?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've seen nobody mention the fact that not only can you have 4 player multiplayer, but you can play with multiple players on the same computer. So you can team with somebody locally vs. people online. Finally.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yeah, thats is great :D

At least, no more control swaping XD

EDIT: OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST REMEMBER!!!! WE CAN USE JABO TO PLAY WITH TEXTURES !!!!!!:O

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Its an input plugin, just use your Normal Project 64 1.7 with jabo plugin as azq, then choose your normal controller plugin, set the control plug and start the game and and voila, playing with textures xD

SSB.CREED

Smash Cadet
Its an input plugin, just use your Normal Project 64 1.7 with jabo plugin as azq, then choose your normal controller plugin, set the control plug and start the game and and voila, playing with textures xD

lol im gonna give it a shot

Skrlx

Smash Champion
wow surri lrn2 read

this plugin was never part of some secret beta build of project 64 1.7

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
wow surri lrn2 read

this plugin was never part of some secret beta build of project 64 1.7
That was lie sprad by dandan soupa mario etc, ia sked a friend about it and he said the Pj 64 team negated everything about a new multiplayer plugin or a beta prebuild, but he talk me about this plugin xP so i am posting it on here

And this is not the new version, is fairly old

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Pj 64 1.7 is in the whole internet just download it. there is no a new project, that was a fake.

malva00

Smash Master
I tried this + pj64 1.4 with a Japanese player today

lagged on 5 frames

normal p2p did not lag on 5 frames

dandan

Smash Lord
surprising that i get 3 frames smoothly with 1.7 but 4 frames with normal p2p with someone.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
today we played team matches with me alpha and danny, we played very smoothly and with 5 frames of delay.

malva00

Smash Master
i just tried with jaime and it even has lag spikes on 8 frames lol

i don't think the plugin and my internet get along

Sangoku

Smash Master
Strangely this plugin seems to work great for some people (me included) and others say it doesn't.

I've even been playing with someone saying it was lagging, while I wasn't feeling anything (don't say it's because I'm used to fake smash and so on, because I'm initially a console player).

But generally speaking most players just hate it lol.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Time for a Bump...

Ok. I don't really mean to bump this but I'm having difficulties trying to set this up right.

I know how to set up basic P2P matches with people at my school. I'm the one who started it. Since I'm in high school, access to Smash Servers are blocked BUT direct hosting by computers in the same room still works.

For most of the school year I've been just doing 1on1 matches in smash. I try out this new plugin and I can't seem to get it to work.

The main purpose of this post is: Can you make a basic guide for this for n00bs like me that have absolutely no idea how to set this up?

My precondition is that there are four computers in a row in a classroom and they can all connect to an IP (Only way to access the IP of the computer however is by USB). I've tried connecting two people to a host, but only one was able to connect. I've doubled checked the IP and everything.

Here are some general questions I hope to be answered in the guide (or just to me):

1. Is it necessary to have all the Project64KVE have the AQZ Netplay Input Plugin? Must they all have it turned on?

2. How do you tell the Plugin that there is another person on the keyboard that is supposed to be player two?

3. When a 1on1 match begins, what's with the new window that pops up? It says plug in a keyboard for local (Same Computer) player, but even when the controller is plugged in (aka Checkmarked). Local Player two doesn't appear. I can't understand that...

I am a geek, but my friends are impatient on me on figuring out the setup. Help is appreciated :c

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Okay well I still see there's no step by step guide. The person who explained the plugin to me said something along the lines of everyone has to use the AQZ plugin and all have to use to the same save file (the SMASH BROTHERS.sra file). Tried it and it didn't work. Can anyone give step by step instructions? It'd be useful to play p2p with 3-4 people.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's true so IDK what the problem is

Everyone get the same save file and put it in the save folder
One person host
everyone else connect to host IP
Maybe make sure you all also have the same AQZ (there's multiple versions, I tried doing it with Mint and Frog and it wouldn't work at first because I had the old version without the chat room)
Play

Oh and you might have to use Project 64 1.7, that's what we used (I can upload it if you need it)

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Okay well I still see there's no step by step guide. The person who explained the plugin to me said something along the lines of everyone has to use the AQZ plugin and all have to use to the same save file (the SMASH BROTHERS.sra file). Tried it and it didn't work. Can anyone give step by step instructions? It'd be useful to play p2p with 3-4 people.
LOOKS LIKE I MITE MAKE A GUIDE for pj1.7 + aqz .20, but obviously if i post on smashboards it would be taken down cuz 1.7 isn't officially released yet. maybe not then, idk. LOTTA guides i could be making...

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
That's true so IDK what the problem is

Everyone get the same save file and put it in the save folder
One person host
everyone else connect to host IP
Maybe make sure you all also have the same AQZ (there's multiple versions, I tried doing it with Mint and Frog and it wouldn't work at first because I had the old version without the chat room)
Play

Oh and you might have to use Project 64 1.7, that's what we used (I can upload it if you need it)
If you could upload 1.7 or send it to me in my inbox it would be highly appreciated.

Top Bottom