• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest(Meele and 64 only, suck it.) in Toronto on Jan 7

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Before we all go back to school, I want to have a smashfest at my house which is 8 glenayr road starting at noon. I was away for ideas smashfest and i feel really left out :((esp. since my two friends went). That said, its on really short notice this wednesday , jan 5.

I have 5 tvs but not enough gcs so brining a setup would be greatly appreciated but i should have 3 worst case scenario.

Thoughts?

Edit: it can be wednesday or thursday if anyone feels strongly but post so i know. Check gta social thread for more information.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89713&page=1686

Gichan

Smash Champion
well you exclude us brawl players like nothing.

Man do you ever see brawl casuals saying, "too bad melee players, lick mah balls!"
And you around till the 15th? there's a melee tournament going on.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Next time I better include brawl huh. Its just a small thing.

Nah thats why i'm having this now. I'm going back to school on the tenth.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. Ur going to own us so hard :) Invite people. Its 8 glenayr road.

I'll do it Wednesday if no one has any problems. Its really close to the subway station st.clair west.

unknown522

Some guy
alright, sounds good. I will bring a wii.

edit: alright, I'm gonna go to bathurst station and take the bus/streetcar/w/e from there. It seems easy.

idea

Smash Master
oh nice ryan, i was hoping i wouldn't be the only person i know there =P

yeah, you should probably change the first post to say wednesday, since that's what you decided, right?

and what time should i get there?

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Alright so everything is ready for Wednesday. That is the official date.

Noon is the official start time but it will go all day :). Yeah I don't know how many people will come :S but you wont be the first person there. Again its 8 glenayr road.

Also ministry, my friend said ur sheik was really good, but he beat you in doubles with my other scrubby friend :)

idea

Smash Master
alright, i'll get there at some point, but i dunno when exactly. depends on when i wake up/how long it takes to eat lunch/etc.

that reminds me, what is there to eat nearby? like fast food...

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
I was going to order pizza at like 5 i dunno. And theres chips and drinks....

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'd come to play 64, but 1) specifically excluding Brawl, and 2) I have night school anyways.

More the second one than the first.

unknown522

Some guy
oh nice ryan, i was hoping i wouldn't be the only person i know there =P

yeah, you should probably change the first post to say wednesday, since that's what you decided, right?

and what time should i get there?
yeah, I'm gonna try to get there for noon, but realistically, I'll probably be there for 2.

unless you want to meet up early?

idea

Smash Master
yeah, I'm gonna try to get there for noon, but realistically, I'll probably be there for 2.

unless you want to meet up early?
no thanks, meeting up early would require me to wake up early. and i have to figure out what i'm doing about food, and so on.

actually, wait, how do you even wake up early? every smashfest you sleep in till like 4 pm.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Why do peeps keep rubbing it in my face that I excluded brawl? I like melee....May-lay. This isnt a large tournament its a get together and I know literally nothing about brawl. There just happens to be no reigonal zones board just for meele

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'd definitely come if I didn't have plans. I play both Melee and ssb64.

Sigh.. my hand just healed too. I'm craving some smash. Melee2gud.

unknown522

Some guy
no thanks, meeting up early would require me to wake up early. and i have to figure out what i'm doing about food, and so on.

actually, wait, how do you even wake up early? every smashfest you sleep in till like 4 pm.
I sleep in because I stay up all night when I'm out.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Why do peeps keep rubbing it in my face that I excluded brawl? I like melee....May-lay. This isnt a large tournament its a get together and I know literally nothing about brawl. There just happens to be no reigonal zones board just for meele
Just the way you excluded it, that's all. Just put like 64 and melee only. Why the suck it part, like you're better than us for playing melee? It's a better game but not something for you to diss us on.

Obviously this is looking into it too hard but you get the point.

Top Bottom