• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Texas Values IV -Jan 22- NE1 LAN CNTR - Brawl is back <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Charro Punks presents
SOUTH TEXAS VALUES IV

www.charropunks.com
twitter.com/charropunks

www.ne1lan.com
twitter.com/ne1lan

Charro Punks proudly brings you the fourth installment of their monthly series January 22nd, 2011 to be hosted at NE1 Lan Cntr. This time around we are adding Brawl and Melee to the mix and we plan to keep it every month from now on. We have some big things in store for all of you so be sure to practice and come ready! RGV has not hosted a tournament for quite sometime so let's put ourselves back on the map!

To clarify the date...I know the event is listed as TWO days but that is because we have the venue until 2AM the following morning. ALL EVENTS are on Saturday the 22nd and we can stay until 2AM the 23rd. I know it sounds a bit confusing, sorry. I just want people to know that with the venue fee we can literally play forever. Any questions? Halla at meh.

WE NEED FULL SET UPS!
We will need full set ups. I regretfully inform you that we CANNOT wave any venue fees for full setups, sorry guys. Maybe in the future we can get on that...

Anyways, we need them! I would like at least 5 for Brawl and 3 for Melee, but the more the merrier! So post up with your equipment if you are able to contribute! Thanks! <3

A full set up is: ONE CRT television, ONE GC/Wii, and ONE copy of Melee/Brawl.

BRAWL FULL SET UPS:
2 - Dan
1 - Jake
1 - Joseph/Danny

MELEE FULL SET UPS:

Tournament Details:
Venue:
NE1 Lan Cntr
2208 Primrose Suite L
McAllen, Texas

Contact Info:
Arnulfo Daniel Segovia
facebook.com/sabishima
cell: 956.310.2863
aim: pokemasterdano

It is ok to contact with text messaging. I am also always signed on to AIM mobile.

Emergency Contact:
Frank D. Segovia aka Rei-Gun
facebook.com/frank.segovia9
aim: myzombiedogateme

Schedule
10am Doors Open
12pm Tournaments begin

Games:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles and Doubles[Wii]
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles and Doubles[Wii/GC]
Super Street Fighter IV [360]
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 [DC]
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HDR [PS3]

Brawl and Melee will be ran simultaneously with doubles starting after the full completion of singles. Super Street Fighter IV will begin first and HDR and Marvel will follow as it winds down. We are usually completely wrapped up by 8pm but with Brawl we might be there a bit longer. Who cares, hype anyways! And we have the venue until 2am so EVEN BETTAR! :)

Entry Fees:
Venue Fee - $5
Per Event - $5

In the past, payouts for all games are standard 70/20/10. However, when there are less than EIGHT entrants the payout will be discussed with the entrants. If you would like to see the pot split otherwise, please post up!

RULES:

UNIVERSAL RULES:
-Coaching is BANNED. This means:
You cannot have someone sitting beside you advising you through a match.
You cannot have someone advising in between games.
You may not ask for counterpick advice on character [or stage].

From when you sit down (or stand, or lie down) to play, until the set is over you may not consult with anyone that is not part of the match.
The Referee is considered part of a match, except for issues dealing with the rules.

I will not hesitate to immediately DQ you from your match. Thank you very much.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

-Tripping Turned OFF

Starter:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delphino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser [and Ganondorf] doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser [and Ganondorf].

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Super Smash Bros. Melee

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

Super Street Fighter IV

-XBOX 360
-Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, No Handicap
-If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
-Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

-PS3
-Game Settings: Speed, Turbo 1, Damage 2, 2/3 Games
-You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
-Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
-Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
-Winner may not use the “Switch Glitch” to have a different starting character.
-You may not use the same character twice on one team.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HDR

-PS3
-Versus Mode, Turbo 3, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Remixed Mode
-Akuma is not allowed in tournament play.

Will be updated tonight! Sorry guys I am at work ;*

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Here's what's gonna happen, andilex wins everything and gets last in ss4

defsithe

Smash Ace
<------ for top 3 in melee, top 5 in brawl, and if i had a 360 top 5 in SSF4

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Hmm, does this give post count? New RGV tournament thread??? >:^3D

Reizilla

He's probably too scared of me stealing his jellies again.

defsithe

Smash Ace
So I fixed my blue tv and what not put me down for two set ups. Could be two Melee or one Melee one brawl but most likely 2 Melee. I also shotgun the CRT that is already at the lan center for Melee. Well I think it's the LAN centers?

My pika is beast
:025:

:059:

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
So I fixed my blue tv and what not put me down for two set ups. Could be two Melee or one Melee one brawl but most likely 2 Melee. I also shotgun the CRT that is already at the lan center for Melee. Well I think it's the LAN centers?

My pika is beast
:025:

:059:
LOL sorry bruh but it is reserved for Mahvel Baybe....it is their only set up ;/

:131:

Your Pika and Arcanine just got wrecked.

:027:

:067:

Get fkinug wrecked.

Reizilla

Is that a Sandshrew? Ice Beam, Psychich, I win.

defsithe

Smash Ace
Pfft my pika is better than ash's pika and your lapras. And my arcanine is just a beast

Reizilla

I think you meant to say "Mahvel don't happen."

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom