• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lordhelmet's Guide for HD Video

lordhelmet

Smash Master
After receiving a lot of questions concerning recording in general, I decided to whip this up to save time in the long run :D

Unless you have a Hauppauge you will need something like a Dazzle or PVT.

You will need:
A Dazzle or PVT
Splitters
Sony Vegas (Version 8 recommended)

Dazzle:

• Pros:
    Easy to find
    Very good quality (when done right)
    Streaming Capability (Streaming Guide)
  • Cons:
    Pain in the ***
    Buggy
    Requires software (you will have to update the driver if you have Windows 7)

PVT:

I personally have both a Dazzle and a PVT. After pulling my hair out from the glitchy Dazzle, I bought a PVT from Ebay for $50 (street price is $100). I won't get into splitters (splitters information here), but I will tell you to buy them off Amazon for the best price.

1. Once you have everything set up you will need to do the following:
  2. Go to your Wii settings and set it to "Widescreen" and position the screen at "0"
  3. Boot Brawl and under "Options" change the screen to "Widescreen"
  4. Record selected clip(s)
  5. Drop video(s) into Sony Vegas and drag them onto the timeline
  6. Right click the first clip "Switches" -> "Maintain Aspect Ratio" uncheck that
  7. Click the crop symbol at the right end of the video clip in the timeline, crop it just enough to get rid of the black bars on the side. When you're done save the template for later use.
  8. Right click the first clip and "Copy" it, then right click the first clip again and hit "Select Events to End", finally right click the selected clips "Past Event Attributes". Now all of your clips are widescreen! (Note: if you have some clips you do not want to highlight or have other clips on a different track, CTRL + Click them to highlight / deselect them.
  9. NOW begin editing.
  10. When you are finished edited, go to "File" -> "Render As" and copy these settings:

Obviously I do not know everything about recording and editing, if you know of anything I haven't put in here, please let me know.

I think that's all, chances are I forgot something, though.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Mhm. I didn't put those through Vegas because I just wanted to get them up.

BTW, I made this guide for AiB and just ported it over here.

Top Bottom