• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fatal Q/A Topic.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
do you have some advide on dealing with fast characters who bait and punish`?
i personally am pretty new to the tournament scene but i have no problem fighting bigger and slower characters like dk,ddd fore example. i feel like i have a lot of time to register the situations, and i automatically see my good options and stay calm.

but against fast characters like shiek,fox,mk and stuff
i let myself bait to do stupid stuff, because i feel like i have not enough time to react to them ..idunno

i hope i could explain my problem well enough .. my english sucks :/

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
I find myself unable to succesfully hit MK when he is Dair camping. I tried to camp as hard as possible but it resulted in a time out and i lost :(

So Fatal

Smash Master
I find myself unable to succesfully hit MK when he is Dair camping. I tried to camp as hard as possible but it resulted in a time out and i lost :(
75% of the time after an MK Dair camps they go in for a tornado which can be easily up-tilited or shielded then punish. If they are constantly Dair camping and not approaching at all, you need to mix up some **** grenade mindgame combos. Try and get them to blow up the grenades with the dairs, if there camping a lot it shouldn't be that hard to do. besides that im not too sure what to do, surprise dacus? haha

do you have some advide on dealing with fast characters who bait and punish`?
i personally am pretty new to the tournament scene but i have no problem fighting bigger and slower characters like dk,ddd fore example. i feel like i have a lot of time to register the situations, and i automatically see my good options and stay calm.

but against fast characters like shiek,fox,mk and stuff
i let myself bait to do stupid stuff, because i feel like i have not enough time to react to them ..idunno

i hope i could explain my problem well enough .. my english sucks :/

Your English is fine, what your problem is lookling like is that your having trouble verse characters that can go argo much easily compared to fatter/slower characters. This is something I guess you could say it definitely comes with experience so more practice would be good, your going to have to get better at reading the opponent, shiek will like to go for her dumb ftilit combos, fox dair combos, mk nado combos and certain things like that, read them better and you will play better.

Aisu_Aiku

Smash Rookie
What are Snakes best options when being juggled? Also, in your opinion, how useful are mortars and the nikita missile.

So Fatal

Smash Master
What are Snakes best options when being juggled? Also, in your opinion, how useful are mortars and the nikita missile.

Usually snakes worst option is to air dodge. When being juggled I would switch it up with a NAIR or b reversal.

any general advice on snake dittos?
Snake dittos are redic. I would say spend time working on the timing of grenades, thats what hurts me the most in dittos.. Try to memorize patterns, punish dacus with ftilit..

Will you be coming to Smash Fridays next semester? (Assuming that it continues)

Yes.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Who do you believe does better vs MK? falco or snake? Are you going to try to incorporate PSC?WHy didnt they record you vs m2k :p? Why are snake mains so manly? How long did it take you to get to "pro" status?

What is your blood type?
Favorite dishes?
Activities you like to do?
Measurements?
Anything at all you wish to reveal?

This is all purely academic of course.

How do you, yourself, fight yoshi?

RATED

Smash Lord
Snake dittos, do you have problem with them or you consider yourself good? any tip for the MU?

that MU is problematic to me, my 90% loses in tourneys are Snake dittos. I fail to get 1st thanks to them.

---

I read somewhere that you dislike TL vs Snake MU, is that true? I play it a lot and I know how annoying it is.

MoNrA.1

Smash Cadet
Snake dittos, do you have problem with them or you consider yourself good? any tip for the MU?

that MU is problematic to me, my 90% loses in tourneys are Snake dittos. I fail to get 1st thanks to them.

---

I read somewhere that you dislike TL vs Snake MU, is that true? I play it a lot and I know how annoying it is.

Oye nene, just play with Falco :p
or
-Dont use Ftilt(just for punish yours opponent Ftilt)
-Camp very hard(so hard, work in your nades time, sometime use the opponents nades, almost the nades are cooks, instant throw ;D)
-Use alot your c4, be carefull( on battlefield, halberd, sv, but carefull with Frigate >_> )
-Lean how to play in RC and use it for couterpicks :D

I <3 snake dittos :3

NOTE: my english sucks =/

RATED

Smash Lord
@ Monra

I am actually pretty good in RC/ Brinstar and those "gimmicky" stages.

oh also... don't call me "nene". I dislike every way of being called kid.

also I forgot that you were dominican. kes la ke!?

So Fatal

Smash Master
advice for falco if you know anything about the mu?
The best thing to do vs Falco is camp untill your out of CG percent from lasers/gernading yourself by accident. Then you can play aggressive without worrying about getting CG'd

Who do you believe does better vs MK? falco or snake? Are you going to try to incorporate PSC?WHy didnt they record you vs m2k :p? Why are snake mains so manly? How long did it take you to get to "pro" status?
I think snake does better vs MK than falco, whats PSC? It was recorded but then lost, we just are xD and it took a solid year I guess or a little bit lesser then that.

What is your blood type?
Favorite dishes?
Activities you like to do?
Measurements?
Anything at all you wish to reveal?

This is all purely academic of course.

How do you, yourself, fight yoshi?
I love burritos they are amazing or anything buffalo chiken
I like to skate, chill with my friends and work
im 6 feet tall if thats what yer asking lol
I use to main Marth and Rob

Fighting yoshi is interesting, basically don't blow yourself up with nades because of his eggs, watch out for the pivot grab they will try it all the time and the down B kill, it's easy to avoid. Camp Hard.

---

I consider myself good at snake dittos. I barley lose them in tournament, I just don't camp and play very very aggressive and it catches alot of snakes off guard. I kinda suck at camping but im currently working on it :3.

I hate the TL matchup so much and oli too, my worst 2 MU's

how do i beat snake

I told you how to do this already :3 Join Us.

Fatal is timing his own thread out LOL
Ganna try 4 questions per post :3

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
PSC=power shield canceling ik its not much but i thnk its pretty cool ive already used it in tourney <3

Do you think snakes metagame is becoming stagnant? room for improvement? think he can ever win a national again?

Do you have any tricks/gimmicks you personally love?Any setups? Dont you hate fighting dair camping mk's who stick to it instead of gettin bored and giving up on that tactic, so you end up doing a 7:30 match cuz they wanna be boring ? Anything you think snakes should implement more that most dont?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
1. PUDDI PUDDI?
2.What's a nice way to learn mus you don't know too well aside from trial and error during a tourney? o-o
3.What's a good way to deal with Sonic?

I love burritos they are amazing or anything buffalo chiken
I like to skate, chill with my friends and work
im 6 feet tall if thats what yer asking lol
I use to main Marth and Rob
Err... YEAH! That is exactly what I meant, your height... ;P

Alright, then from the burritos, where do you like to get them? Fast food? Take out? Store bought? Homemade?

RATED

Smash Lord
I consider myself good at snake dittos. I barley lose them in tournament, I just don't camp and play very very aggressive and it catches alot of snakes off guard. I kinda suck at camping but im currently working on it :3.

I hate the TL matchup so much and oli too, my worst 2 MU's
awesome, also I am the opposite, I am stupidly campy, I need to work on my aggresive game.

MoNrA.1

Smash Cadet
awesome, also I am the opposite, I am stupidly campy, I need to work on my aggresive game.
dont be agresive, be carefull you should know snake has a great defense, just be carefull,
IMO i just Camp, when the other snake uses his recovery i play agresive

RATED

Smash Lord
Fatal: thanks for the Ditto tip, I actually worked it up and understood the matchup and won EVERY snake ditto in tourney( 5 snake dittos I think) and won the tourney.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yes i do, im me if you want to play sometime.

I have lots of rivals,

my newest rival being Gnes (0-2) ;_;

Adhd
anti
ally
bizkit
koolaid
bloodcross
dazwa
jash

probably more LOL
Chipotle is the best. Everytime i make a new friend who hasnt been there i make it a goal to get them to eat there lol. Ill play on wifi :) you got AiB right?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
when you lost to gnes, did he use diddy or mk? i've noticed he's been doing well against razer with mk recently, was wondering if he decided the snake mu was too difficult with diddy or not. also, why did you lose?

Am I the only one that thinks that question seems hilarious the way it is worded? Imagine if you were running for president of the country and someone asked you, "Why did you go and lose man!? It is all your fault. I put a lot of money on you and everything!" xD

Gnes

Smash Master
when you lost to gnes, did he use diddy or mk? i've noticed he's been doing well against razer with mk recently, was wondering if he decided the snake mu was too difficult with diddy or not. also, why did you lose?
Ya know you could just ask me....

and the answer is no. I use mk when I'm bored.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Whenever I mention your name, you come anyway :D

I was more so interested to know where fatal thought he was going wrong against that freaking monkey.

Top Bottom