• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raging Storm Minnesota 2011 *Guaranteed $500 MvC3/$200 SSF4*

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
RAGING STORM 2011 HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL LATER THIS FALL...SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!!!

SEPTEMBER FIRST IS NOT THE DATE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!! SWF WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO JUST SAY...."MAYBE" IN SEPTEMBER LOL.

Raging Storm series is picking back up again. And we're kicking things off in Minnesota. We're very excited to bring this tournament back to MN. Especially after the great success and tons of fun we all had last time.

THIS TIME WE'RE GIVING OUT CASH MONEY TO OUR TOP PLACERS IN SSF4 AND THE NEWLY RELEASED MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3.

This is our way of saying "thank you", for supporting our first Raging Storm tournament in MN. :D

Okay here are the details:

RAGING STORM MINNESOTA 2011!!!

* GUARANTEED POT BONUSES/PRIZES: MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 $500. SSF4 $200. MORTAL KOMBAT IX TOURNAMENT EDITION FIGHT STICK!!! *

What: Raging Storm Minnesota 2011

When: POSTPONED UNTIL FALL!!! NEWER DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS YEAR!!!

Where:

Holiday Inn & Suites (The Grove Room)
3 Appletree Square
Bloomington, MN 55425

VENUE INFORMATION:

Venue Hours - 9AM - 4AM

Venue Fee - $10

This venue fee can be waived. By:

- If you bring a FULL SETUP (consist of T.V, system/console/games with characters unlocked) and WE USE IT FOR TOURNAMENT PLAY...you pay $0 venue fee. This is on a first come first served bases.

Hotel Information/Room Rates/Discounts - Coming Soon (I'm going to work out a deal with the Hotel management to cut a deal on hotel room cost for our event)

TOURNAMENT GAMES FEATURED & ENTRY FEES:

Please Note:

Iowa Tekken will be in attendance. :) I'm sure we'll bring some set-ups or game or something to help out.

SSF4, T6, and MvC3 will be sanctioned by the VGF. No need to participate if you do not want to, but for those interested, it's free to join and qualifies you for prizes. Check us out here: VGF
Capcom -

* Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (GUARANTEED $500 POT BONUS) $10 to play
* Super Street Fighter 4 (GUARANTEED $200 POT BONUS) $10 to play
* Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike $5 to play
* Capcom Vs. SNK 2 $5 to play
* Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix $5 to play
* Low Tier Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 $5 to play

SNK -

* King of Fighters XII (if XIII is released on console, we are running that instead lol) $5 to play
* King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match Tougeki Version $5 to play
* King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match $5 to play
* Garou: Mark of the Wolves $5 to play
* Twinkle Star Sprite $5 to play
* Magical Drop 3 $5 to play

Various -

* Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Doubles $10 per teamate/Singles $10 to play
* Super Smash Brothers Melee - Doubles $10 per teamate/Singles $10 to play
* Mortal Kombat IX (Guaranteed Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick) $10 to play
* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 $5 to play
* Tekken 6 $10 to play
* Arcana Heart 3 $10 to play
* BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (if Continuum Shift 2 is released on console we are running that instead) $10 to play
* Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core $5 to play
* Melty Blood: Actress Again $5 to play

Possible Side tournaments -

Please Note: These tournaments will happen if there is space and time available. Featured games have priority over side tournament games.

* Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
* Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
* Mystery Fighting Game Tournament (I'll have the most horribad fighting games ever this time lol)

ONLINE STREAMING

As much as we STRONGLY encourage everyone to come to our event, we are having this event streamed online. MN's own Desmond Delaghetto is being awesome to stream this event for everyone. So please show some luv and visit the stream tournament day:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ragingstormmn

TOURNAMENT GAMES TIME SCHEDULE:

Please Note: Sign ups for featured tournament games will be (hopefully) 30 minutes before the tournament is scheduled to start. So you pay the venue fee as soon as you arrive, but you need not register for tournament game(s) UNTIL your game(s) is about to begin.

"..." = Tournament games in progress

9AM - Doors Open, Set Up, and Casuals begin
10AM - Venue fee will be collected throughout the day
11AM - SSBB/SSBM Doubles, HDR, and Melty Blood Actress Again START
Noon - ...
1PM - Magical Drop 3
2PM - Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, 3rd Strike, KOFXII, and Arcana Heart 3 START
3PM - ...
4PM - SSBB/SSBM Singles, UMK3, and Tekken 6 START
5PM - KOF98UM START
6PM - SSF4 & Mortal Kombat IX START
7PM - Twinkle Star Sprite
8PM - GGXXAC, BBCS, KOF2k2UM START
9PM - ...
10PM - ...
11PM - Garou, CvS2, Low Tier Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (we can move it earlier if people request it) START
Midnight - ...
1AM - ...
2AM - ...
3AM - ...
4AM - GTFO (lmfao), Hugs, Farewell, Denny's :p

TOURNAMENT POT AND GUARANTEED POT BONUS/PRIZES INFORMATION:

Guaranteed Pot Bonus Payouts:

Please Note: THAT IS EXTRA POT BONUS MONEY, YOU WILL RECEIVE (GUARANTEED MONEY), ON TOP OF THE INITIAL PRIZE MONEY YOU WIN FROM THE TOURNAMENT.

- Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 $500: 1st - 60%/$300, 2nd - 30%/$150, 3rd - 10%/$50

- Super Street Fighter 4 $200: 1st - 60%/$120, 2nd - 30%/$60, 3rd - 10%/$20

- Mortal Kombat IX: 1st - MKIX Tournament Edition Fight Stick

Tournament Pot Payouts:

40 participants or less for SMASH/ALL OTHER FIGHTING GAMES:

1st - 60%/70%
2nd - 30%/20%
3rd - 10%/10%

40+ (41 and so on) participants for ALL FIGHTING GAMES:

1st - 55%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% (each)

Please Note: Tournament games with 7 players or less WILL still be held. But in round robin format, winner takes all. Ties sill be figured in single elimination 2/3 matches.

TOURNAMENT GAMES RULES AND REGULATIONS:

Super Smash Brothers Games (Wii/NGC)

Brawl Singles (Wii)

Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
3 Stocks
8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals (winners, losers, grand finals) Best 3/5 Games (no exceptions)
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

NOTE: IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Stage List:

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1 (Melee Version)
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match

PLEASE NOTE:
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match if needed. A T.O will come and keep track of what characters are used by players.

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. (Who starts will be decided by playing SHANKING FIST aka RPS). Then each player will alternate striking a stage until there is 1 left. That stage is played first round. THERE IS NO RANDOM UNLESS AGREED UPON.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter pick of the set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Additional Rules:
- Stalling is Banned!
- If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by playing "SHAKING FIST" (Rock/Paper/Scissors).
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned (because it falls into the "Stalling violation").
- If a game ends with Bowser's Suicide Claw or Ganon's Arial Choke Slam the player who performed the move wins!!!
- You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling/Chain Grabbing (applies to both Melee and Brawl): The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 100% past when the chain grab started (for example: if the CG started at 43%, you must end the CG...in some fashion... @ 143%). Also, deliberately avoiding any and all combat is stalling, where as jumping on and off the ledge doing an aerial at your opponent is simply spacing.

So with this said...

- Marth's hold release infinite vs. Lucus/Ness is banned.
- You are ONLY allowed 50 planks (catch edge. release edge. repeat) a game (plank count should be viewed at the end of your match in results).

Also...

If we are using your modified version of v.Brawl: please make sure your stages, character costumes, and other visual effects don't make it difficult for everyone to play on your set up. Stage boundries and edges should be the exact same as if you were playing on a non-modified setup. If there is a drastic complaint...THAT CAN BE PROVEN VALID...your setup will be removed and you will be disqualified for the remainder of the tournament with NO REFUND.

* Melee Singles (NGC/Wii)

Format and Settings:

Double Elimination
4 Stocks
8 minutes time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Handicap Off
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals (winners, losers, grand finals) Best 3/5 Games (no exceptions)
Items set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List:

NOTE: AGAIN, IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams (Only alllowed in SSBM Singles)

Counter Stage List:

Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Only allowed in SSBM Singles)

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!!

Set format is pretty similar to "Brawl Singles", except for the following:

- Obviously anything that is STRICTLY "Brawl" related lol
-Controller Mods, Glitches (Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is NOT banned

* Melee/Brawl Doubles (NGC/Wii):

-Friendly Fire will be on in teams and general rules apply

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
-TBA

Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
-Double Elimination, 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
-winners final, losers final, and grand finals are 3/5 matches
-between matches, winner must keep the same character (but may switch ultra), loser may change

Arcana Heart 3 (PS3)
-TBA

Mortal Kombat IX (PS3)
-TBA

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix (PS3)
-between matches, winner must keep the same character, loser may change
-Akuma is banned

Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike (PS2)
-between matches, winner must keep the same character/super, loser may change
-Gill is banned

Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2)
-Double Elimination, 2/3 matches
-between matches, winner must keep the same team/groove/order, loser may change
-Evil Ryu, Orochi Iori, Shin Gouki, God Rugal banned

LOW TIER Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3)
-between matches, winner must keep the same team/order, loser may change
-same character teams are not allowed. Gliches that cause the match to become unplayable are not allowed.

Banned Characters:
Magneto
Storm
Sentinel
Cable
Blackheart
Spiral
Ironman
War Machine
Dr. Doom
Cyclops
Strider

Banned Assist:
Captain Commando - Anti-Air
Psylocke - Anti-Air
Tron Bonne - Projectile

Melty Blood: Actress Again (PS2)
-Winners, Losers and Grand finals are 3/5 matches
-Archetype Earth is BANNED
-Between matches winner must keep the same character and moon type, loser may change

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2)
-micro mapping specials and supers banned
-Shadow, Gold, & EX characters, and Justice & Cliff are banned

Tekken 6 (PS3)
-Double Elimination, 3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3)
-unlimited characters and micro mapping specials and distortions banned

King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match Tougeki Version (PS2?)
-Double Elimination, Team Play, 2/3 matches (winner must keep same character but can change order, loser may change character and order)
-Boss Row banned (all characters in row)

King Of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match (PS2)
-Double Elimination, Team Play, 2/3 matches (winner must keep same character but can change order, loser may change character and order)
-Omega Rugal, Goteniz, and, Orochi Leona/Iori, Orochi are banned

King Of Fighters XII (PS3)

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (PS2)

Possible Side tournament rules:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3)
-same character teams are not allowed. Gliches that cause the match to become unplayable are not allowed.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Wii)
-Double Elimination, 1 round, 2/3 matches

If ANYONE would like to volunteer to run featured tournament games, provide a stream for the event, and or any other way to help out please post up.

As with any tournament...with help from the community to bring in T.Vs, systems/consoles, and games - this tournament can be ran productively and in a timely manner. REMEMBER IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY ON THE VENUE FEE PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE TOURNAMENT BY BRINGING IN THE GAMES (and equiptment for the games...) YOU'D LIKE TO PLAY.

This is going to be a fantastic event. And I seriously look forward to all the hype. Any questions or feedback, post here or PM me.

And if you'd like to contact me away from here you can hit me up on facebook.com: Webster Snow Jr.

Thanks and good gaming,

Webster

SPONSORS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT:

- LDA.INC
- Webster Snow Jr.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
LET'S HYPE THE FUCCCCCCCCK OUTA THIS TOURNAMENT!!!

Guys be on the look out for GamesNGo Championships 3 in April on the 2nd of April as well.

^_^

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Glad to gain the interest guys. I'm going to try to get something nice for the smash players at this. Even though I DO PLAN ON doing something nice for smash later on this year. ^_^

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Goin to dis, wan to bring setup for melty. Maybe a full setup if Ngamer/someone has room, if not a PS2 + game for sure.

Hype.

Sin242

Smash Cadet
SICK, im SO going to this, no baseball this summer.

Anyone up to team for this? Moe, nappy, randall, L_Cancel, any other OoS people? HIT ME UP

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Yo thanks for all the hype guys. Keep them coming. This should be one hell of a tournament. I'd be nice to get all surrounding states involved. I WANT TO BREAK THE FIRE CODE AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!!! :p

Lets hype dat Melee. Lets get some grudge matches going. Dat MONEY MATCH!!!! Big Dollars...real talk!

LETS GET IT CRACKIN!!!!

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
Yo thanks for all the hype guys. Keep them coming. This should be one hell of a tournament. I'd be nice to get all surrounding states involved. I WANT TO BREAK THE FIRE CODE AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!!! :p

Lets hype dat Melee. Lets get some grudge matches going. Dat MONEY MATCH!!!! Big Dollars...real talk!

LETS GET IT CRACKIN!!!!
idk y ur talking like ur black...

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
wow, I haven't noticed this until now. nobody's mentioned it either in front of me which means we're doing a bad job hyping it

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well, it is in June..... Plus there's GnG3 to look forward too! We have plenty of time to rack up attendence.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll just go for Blazblue and MvC3

WHO IS LIKE SLAYER IN BLAZBLUE?!?!?!? I don't want to main Tager :(

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'll have to take a look at him.

And yeah fits his style, I loooooooooove Slayer's moveset to death and the only other character I'd main besides a Slayer-like character is Tager just because he's the only character in the Blazblue cast that felt cool in my hands back in the CT days.

Oro?!

Smash Hero

And yeah fits his style, I loooooooooove Slayer's moveset to death and the only other character I'd main besides a Slayer-like character is Tager just because he's the only character in the Blazblue cast that felt cool in my hands back in the CT days.
I main Slayer in GG. Go for either Valk (people thought he was going to be a Slayer clone before he got released.) Valk has Slayer 5K, so yeah...:) I main Bang though in BB. They are both top tier rushdown characters, so just choose your pick. Bang is a lot more oki combos vs damage combos though.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
wow, I haven't noticed this until now. nobody's mentioned it either in front of me which means we're doing a bad job hyping it
THE HYPE TRAIN IS A COMING YOUR WAY AND EVERYONE'S TOO SOON!!!

See below...

I main Slayer in GG. Go for either Valk (people thought he was going to be a Slayer clone before he got released.) Valk has Slayer 5K, so yeah...:) I main Bang though in BB. They are both top tier rushdown characters, so just choose your pick. Bang is a lot more oki combos vs damage combos though.
^^^^ is true and correct.

THANKS YOU GUYS FOR SHOWING THE INTEREST AND LOVE!!! THIS TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO BE MASSIVE....YOU REALLY

DO

FREAKIN

NOT

...WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

Top Bottom