• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IUBC: The GP Affairs Ep. 3 "Weekend at Burmy's"

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
, In Conjunction With
Bloomington

Presents,
The GP Affairs!
Episode 3: "Weekend at Burmy's!"

Whacha drinkin'? Go'head and let it sink in. We do this every weekend... we move it like Burmy?
Indiana University Brawl Club is back with another exciting installment of The GP Affairs! Back in Historic Downtown Bloomington, Indiana, your hosts plan on giving you the same great times and Brawl- that you are accustomed to!

Your Stars for The Evening
Owen Wilson as Th3 Composer, The Crazy Ex
John Leguizamo as LoZ, The Sex Knight
Patton Oswald as MaskedAvnger, The Metro Best Friend
And introducing DJ Khalid as Dr. Squid, The Loud Neighbor

SIGN-IN/REGISTRATION: 10:00am - 11:30am

What is this, Pay-Per-View?
$10 vBrawl Singles
$10 vBrawl Doubles (Per teammate--20$ per team)
ˆ$5 Brawl- Doubles
ˆ$5 Brawl- Singles
$2 Venue Fee. However, a FULL SET-UP will result in a waived venue

ˆMore Info On Brawl- in Second Post!

BRING TVs. Four pools on four TVs is lame and it sucks and it takes forever. Be a super cool guy and bring a TV for a waived venue and my everlasting gratitude!

AiB Link: TBA
Facebook Link: TBA

RULES AND JUNK
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the game ends in Bowser/Ganon/Kirby/Dedede suicide, do not go into sudden death, and whoever initiated the kill move is the winner.
-You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
-Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.
-No chaingrab can last past 300%. Any chaingrabbing that exceeds 300% is considered stalling and will result in a forfeit of the match.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

PAYOUT
Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles
Under 24
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

24 or Over
1st - 45%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 15%
4th - 9%
5th - 4%/4%

STAGES
The neutral stage will be picked by stage strike method—each player/team takes turns striking one stage at a time, until there are only two neutrals left. The team who striked second then gets to choose between the two remaining neutrals. If there is a problem deciding who strikes first then a simple game of RPS will determine who picks second.
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium [Melee] (1)
Smashville
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium [Brawl] (2)
Pictochat
Brinstar
Final Destination
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but the TOs have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

Any player is allowed to play on a nonlegal stage, as long as both players agree to play on that stage. No johns if you lose on a stage you agreed to play on.

101 W Kirkwood Ave
Bloomington, IN 47404
Map!

The Venue is the same as the last one--the game rooms in the basement of the mall. Basically, you go downstairs and turn right, and we'll be there playing. There will be signs, and an employee of The Game Preserve will be happy to give you directions downstairs as well.
As for parking, there's a garage on 4th street that connects directly to the mall, and parking is free! It's pretty sweet.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Brawl- Singles/Doubles

We will probably have 2 or 3 set-ups in the Miniatures room, so I'm gonna be running Brawl- singles and doubles in the other room during Brawl singles and doubles!

Each tournament is $5 to enter ($10 per team in doubles).
I will have a skeleton of the stage list/code set/pacs on my computer, ready to copy to your SD card so that we don't get anything messed up and you don't have to go through all the trouble of finding these stages.

Rules
4 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the game ends in Bowser/Ganon/Kirby/Dedede suicide, do not go into sudden death, and whoever initiated the kill move is the winner.
In case of a glitch, lemme know and I'll decide where to go from there.
You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

Stages

Neutrals
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Frozen Pokémon Stadium 2
Fountain of Dreams
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]

Counterpicks
Lavaville
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Battleship Halberd-
Pictochat
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I Will be there.

Let's get some VBRAWL hype this time... hahaha. As awesome as Brawl- is, it's still the side event ya'll
For me Brawl- is the main event! Link- is coming for YOU!!!!!!!!!

SUPER BOOMERANG SPIN ATTACK POWER WITH A GREEN MINI SKIRT AND TIGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTSSSSS!!!

and he needs a teamate.......

==============
Add awesome sonic stage Jake, you KNOW you want to ;-)

May also bring this results screen :D

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I Will be there.

For me Brawl- is the main event! Link- is coming for YOU!!!!!!!!!

SUPER BOOMERANG SPIN ATTACK POWER WITH A GREEN MINI SKIRT AND TIGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTSSSSS!!!

and he needs a teamate.......

==============
Add awesome sonic stage Jake, you KNOW you want to ;-)

May also bring this results screen :D

Why you losin to CPUs?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
OOOHHHHHH ERIC THE AVENGER WITH THE OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously,...... Come Come Come Come Come on step it up! I'm charging spin attack until the tourney starts just for you now!!!!

Rowans said peach was not viable in B- last tourney and I was fighting supersonic GOSH!!!!!!!!

I'm only gonna do it if Jake actually decides to upload B- videos this time though.......Otherwise I'm gonna be lazy and make bad excuses :-/

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Jungle if you can make it down I can house you.

Also the stagelist for minus is going to change around as more cool stages get released and I decide to rotate them in.
ALSO, we probably won't be using 1.6, we'll be using a backroom official build, to get closing data on 2.0.
Once again, I'll have a barebones folder on my laptop to give to everyone so that no one has to put work into finding all this stuff ahead of time.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll see if anyone from MI wants to go.

Maybe L
There's an MI tourney this weekend. idk why Jungle wants to go, but most of MI is probably going to that. I would consider going to this instead just to see you guys, except the venue ours is at is a 5 minute walk from me... =/

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Jayford don't break my heart. :(

Does MvC3 come out before this?
Regardless we'll probably have the same set-up we had at 1--brawl room and fighting games general room. We should have enough TVs again, but we'll see.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I want to go because I don't play brawl but Jakes my buddy o pal and we were supposed to team for like 6 events but i keep flakin on him. That's why I'd rather go here then to the tourney in AA.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Jungle if you can make it down I can house you.

Also the stagelist for minus is going to change around as more cool stages get released and I decide to rotate them in.
ALSO, we probably won't be using 1.6, we'll be using a backroom official build, to get closing data on 2.0.
Once again, I'll have a barebones folder on my laptop to give to everyone so that no one has to put work into finding all this stuff ahead of time.
Did they fix yoshi yet?

Top Bottom