• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pik A Nik 2~ it's MAAAHIKE TWOOO's birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
If it is needed I can house.

Events & Registration:

- Brawl Teams: $5 per player ($10 a team)
- Brawl Singles: $5 per player
- LeftOvers (free) will start as Singles is finishing up
- Venue: 3$ per person Food Provided

Setups:
I'm going to need attendees to attempt to pitch in on setups. I can supply 1 Wii + Brawl, but I need you guys to help by supplying more Wii+Brawl, and television sets. The more setups we have, the faster events get done, which can lead to more MMs and friendlies. If I need to, I can put set ups in the back yard just to make it easier for some people to walk around and get to their matches.

I have a good sized house, but if it starts to get over crowded then there is always chairs and room outside as well. So please do not just stay in the house is there is not enough room. I also have a Garage for more room, so there is no reason for the inside of the house to be over crowded.

Payouts:
-Brawl Teams-
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

-Brawl Singles-
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

-LeftOvers-
1st - Wins their singles money back
2nd - Wins their venue fee back

Brawl Rules:

Meta Knight is banned.

-If you play against someone, in tournament singles, who is in B Tier of the Texas PR and win, you will be rewarded $5. If you play against someone, in tournament singles, who is in A Tier of the Texas PR and win, you will be rewarded $10. Those in A and B tier do not qualify for this.
- 3 Stock.
- 8 Minute Time Limit.
- Items are set to "off" and "none".
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage..
- Standing Infinites are banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his side-B and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to Ganondorf's side-B.
- Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing to prevent interference and preserve battery life.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match.
- Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as "The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable." Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling.
- Hazing is punishable by DQ (shouting or yelling to disrupt the other player).
- No pausing in the middle of a game unless given permission by the other player.
- All legal infinites must end once the affected character exceeds 300% damage.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

Specific rules:

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

For teams, Team Attack is ON and Share Stock is allowed.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Kyro Rule!
You cannot go into my fridge without my permission!

Procedures for playing sets:

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match (players may opt for a double blind pick).
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure (MLG Stage Striking System is used).
3. A player(s) may announce one stage to be banned for counter-picks of the set. This can also be done after any given match in a set, but can ONLY be done once in an entire set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches until a set is complete.

Stage Striking

For game 1 of each match, the player or team with port priority must strike three stages from the list of starter stages. The other player or team then strikes 4 stages from the list of starter stages. Then the first player chooses the game 1 stage from the remaining starter stages.

Starter Stages:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island: Brawl
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Lylat Cruise
- Halberd
- Castle Seige
- Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages:

- Brinstar
- Frigate Orpheon
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Pictochat
- Norfair
- Jungle Japes
- Green Greens

Contact Information:
- For any additional information, or if you get lost on the way to the location, just give me a call: 210 326 4310

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol @ the Kyro rule.
Too good.

Either way, most likely coming to this. Taking 2 TVs and a Wii setup.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll have to see if I can make this. My film schedule's not locked yet.

But I do wanna go to my boy CARLOS ROGER'S house.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Finally :D
Mike2 you have to make it to this!

jw How many people are coming to this?
I am not sure on the number yet, but I am guessing around 15-20

I'll have to see if I can make this. My film schedule's not locked yet.

But I do wanna go to my boy CARLOS ROGER'S house.
If you don't make it to this, I will be very very upset.

I just realized that I might not be able to make this.
lol.
WTF?! Why?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If Zig's coming to this, I will try to bum a ride from him (no homo).

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If I can go and there are doubles, I need a teammate. ^^;

90% chance I can make it right now
Also, I call a spot in whatever carpool Austin makes

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
No offense, but Naked Samus is bad for married Olimar's health.
I don't like getting whip-shanked in the back while I'm trying to do my thing. ^^;

If you mained a character that I didn't have traumatic doubles experiences with in the past, I'd say "definitely".

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh wait, I know who I want to team with.

HEY ZIG, HOW 'BOUT THAT 3V1?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If people can't find a place in SA to be housed, my place in Austin is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom