• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so like, you can Bair snake out of down throw.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Im on my phone so this post won't be that long.

First of all, It's frame perfect.

I did it in frame advance 2 weeks ago so I can't remember the exact input

It's something like:

Frame 1: run forward
frame 6: pivot
frame 7: jump and press your control stick towards snake
Frame 8-11: press a to buffer bair.

I don't know if this works on stale dthrow.

I don't know who else this works on, but if I were to guess, it works on anyone you can pivot grab chain grab.

So, when does fresh bair kill snake at the edge?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Interesting. I was just thinking to myself I was going to play around with D3 stuff too....

*goes to test*

Minutes later...

It seemed to gotten this off once or two by sheer luck. The timing is ridiculous though...

Okay and after testing this I was able to get more consistent with pivoting after the buffered dash so I could get the Bair off. I was playing around with Wolf also and it seemed like I was able to hit him but he may be able to shine out of it.

Regardless of if this actually works they can set up some **** mind games and aside from powershielding there are some characters that probably won't have a quick enough out of shield response to punish us for this. Like if they messed up on their PS and just shielded you could just land behind them and attempt the regrab. I can see this making a great mixup on characters that we technically couldn't do this on.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Man, why can't anything new with D3 not be incredibly hard/frame perfect :(

Thanksfor posting this, GIMR, I'll mess around with it later. If you can get it down, and Snake isn't expecting it and intead is mashing, resulting in improper DI, it could result in a surprise kill move, or at least put him in a unique position off stage.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's because he's a fat***.

Seriously.

That and his lack of general options are actually why he IS the way he is in the metagame.
Think about that for a sec. He's a fat***, and he has lack of general options.

Thanks GIMR!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
good stuff gimr
this looks pretty worthwhile practicing

Thanksfor posting this, GIMR, I'll mess around with it later. If you can get it down, and Snake isn't expecting it and intead is mashing, resulting in improper DI, it could result in a surprise kill move, or at least put him in a unique position off stage.
Thanks guys. Hopefully some top D3 players will add it into their game

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
hey, im quite new here. Im an ICs main/D3 second^^ I was testing some things with D3, and I wondered if Dthrow to Buffered U-smash works out with the frames on snake (?) Can someone test it :D? I tried it on a friend and I got off like 9/10 so yeah, it would definately be awesome if it would work^^

HoRnZ

Smash Apprentice
thats what we did :p, he powershielded some of it, not all and he was HOLDING shield, so im just curious.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Meh. Such a hard application when D tilt does the same thing.
Not really. Bair kills a good 50% earlier and strings much better at lowish percents. This is worthwhile practising.
The instructions in the OP... are those in the buffer frames from dthrow? If so this'll be damn hard :(

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Frame 1 is the first frame you're able to move after D-throw, you can definitely buffer the dash

ZTD | TECHnology

I am getting close to mastering this. I think the hardest part is just learning how to pivot at the right frame. Buffering the dash is not that hard. Doing the Back air can kind of be tricky also. But whenever I successfully land this it all feels like one fluid motion with my fingers somehow.

Hope you guys havent forgotten about this awesome tech.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I messed around with it a bit but im not sure how reliable it is in tourney atleast. I did manage to get it off but like the above post, with the b-air part once inawhile it becomes screwy and ull mess up the buffer/timing once in awhile.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

I am getting close to mastering this. I think the hardest part is just learning how to pivot at the right frame. Buffering the dash is not that hard. Doing the Back air can kind of be tricky also. But whenever I successfully land this it all feels like one fluid motion with my fingers somehow.

Hope you guys havent forgotten about this awesome tech.
At some point in time you must teach me this, oh wise one.

ZTD | TECHnology

I got you homie. I dunno when I'll see you again though...it's been a minute lol. I do plan on going to some MW:W tourneys this summer though ;)

Top Bottom