• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutoring Program - Mk II. Round 2 Pairings Up

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery and I talked about restarting this so uhh, here it is!

APPLY TO BE AN APPRENTICE IN THIS FORMAT

Smashboards Username:
Pokemon Online Username(s):
AIM Username:
Tiers you want to learn:
Time Zone:

Around the forums I have seen many people who wish they were better battlers or who requested help. So, in a stroke of genius, I decided to be completely uncreative and copy Smogon! Basically this is exactly the same as smogon's battling101 program. We will have skilled battlers as tutors in different tiers and less experienced players will apply to be tutored in the arts of team building and battling over Pokemon Online. You will also need AIM (or trillian or iChat, etc.) to participate.

Sessions will last for 2 weeks, at which the program will be open again.

TUTORS

SWF Name: Wrath`
PO Name: Seabass
Tier(s) I can tutor: 4th Gen UU, 5th gen DW, 5th gen Wifi
Time Zone: EST
Short Bio: Been playing Pokemon since I was 10. Gold version was my first game. Had fun when I beat the whole E4 for the first time with just a lv 76 Typlosion and five fodder pokemon. Got competitive during the 4th Gen after Garchomp was banned. Played OU and then transitioned to UU when my one friend told me it was miles better, and he was right. I never considered my self good, I just always picked pokemon I liked and somehow would come across some magical synergy between them. Battling is all about fun, one should always go in thinking they have an 80% chance of winning, so if you win you feel good, and if you lose you understand why.

SWF Name: Riddle
PO Name: Riddle
Tier(s) I can tutor: 4th gen OU, 4th gen Ubers, 5th gen OU, 5th gen Ubers, and 4th gen LC
Short Bio: I haven't played a pokemon game since I was about 10 which is, coincidentally, around the time I started playing competitively. I'm extremely competitive and hate losing, and so have always pushed myself to succeed. You can also find me spriting, playing mafia in the decisive games section, and at Melee tournaments. In real life stuff, I want to be an economist, and I love math lots.

SWF Name: UltiMario
PO name: UltiMario
Tier(s) I can tutor: Gen V OU, Gen V MC, Gen V LC (in order of best -> worst)
Short Bio: I exist. Do I really need to say more?

SWF Name: Terywj
PO Name: Terywj
Tier(s) I can tutor: Gen. IV UU/NU/MC, Gen. V OU (Soon to be Gen. V UU)
Short Bio: I'm Tery. I'm a generic Asian teenager and I live in the PokeCenter, but now I'm Staffing for another forum so that will vary. Anyway, I've been playing competitive Pokemon for at least two and a half years now, specializing in the lower tiers of Gen. IV and all that jazz.

SWF Name: Circa
PO Name: Circa
Tiers: Gen IV OU/UU/NU/LC/Ubers, Gen V OU/Ubers, and eventually UU
Short Bio: Hi, I'm Circa. I'm 20 years old and a white boy. I've played competitive Pokemon for 2 and a half years now, and although I still have much to learn I do believe I'm at least decent. Due to my rather adaptive playstyle I can play almost any tier at a moderate skill level, even if I've never played it before. If I'm not chilling in the PC I'm probably playing Runescape or League of Legends. Or I'm hanging out with my girlfriend.

Apply People!

"Teryble Riddle Campaign -- Full Restore the Poke Center!"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Reserving post. This will be pretty later.

Tutoring Log

[collapse=Session 1]Tutor: Terywj
Tutee: SatiSuicune
Tier(s): Gen. V OU
Session: 1/1/11 -
Evaluation:
Other:

Tutor: Riddle
Tutee: Kirbyraeg
Tier(s): Gen. V Ubers, Gen. IV Ubers, Gen. IV OU
Session: 1/14/11 -
Evaluation:
Other:

Tutor: Riddle
Tutee: xxmoosexx
Tier(s): Gen. V OU, Gen. V Ubers
Evaluation:
Other:

Tutor: Circa
Tutee: The Real Gamer
Tier(s): Gen. V Ubers
Evaluation:
Other:

Tutor: UltiMario
Tutee: Fuelbi
Evaluation:
Other:

Tutor: Wrath`
Tutee: Kola
Session: 1/19/11 -
Evaluation:
Other:[/collapse]

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Godddddd I have to write an app?

so much effort.

(but i'm serious about applying, so i'll do it later)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can I apply to be a mentor? I'm in the mentoring program up in the Information Center and I'm even mentoring somebody and I've helped him get better at the game and crap

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Can I apply to be a mentor? I'm in the mentoring program up in the Information Center and I'm even mentoring somebody and I've helped him get better at the game and crap
The Tutoring Program handpicks mentors. At the current point we do not need any extra mentors. We'll notify if there are openings / needs.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
My favorite now is actually Farfetch'd, maybe Dunsparce. It's kind of even. Had to let the old memories die with Umbreon.

5'10" actually. And I've changed my name 4 times iirc. timssu (thisismesoshutup; no spaces lolz) -> Barrage -> Writer -> Writer Kupo -> Circa.

I like watching pretty much any reality game show, at least to some degree.

Either way I guess I'll PM you a bio.

Riddle

Smash Lord
^i said around 5'9".

And I was just rattling off information off the top of my head. I know a lot more personal information about you but I didn't put it lol.

IT WAS STILL DECENT

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I know. I just felt like being corrective. :p

Now update it with my new info now *****.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Smashboards Username: xxmoosexx
Pokemon Online Username(s): CallMeIshmael/CallMeSucktard/Moose(It changes fairly frequently)

AIM Username: crossfire340
Tiers you want to learn:Gen V OU/ Gen 5 Ubers/ Gen V Dream World OU/ Gen V Dream World Ubers

Time Zone: Eastern

Other Notes: Only on the computer on weekends. When I am on I stay on for a good while.

And lol at Ultimario being a tutor. I can see him making his apprentice commit suicide because he can't handle Ultimario's coldness. No offense though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've actually always been interested in learning Ubers but just too lazy to teach myself. I'm already very well rehearsed in OU so I shouldn't be that hard to teach I think.

Smashboards Username: The Real Gamer
Pokemon Online Username(s): Appleseed
AIM Username: (Skype) realgamer123
Tiers you want to learn: DW Ubers / Wifi Ubers (whichever is the more common metagame... either or)
Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone

EDIT: WHooah Circa you play RS?? I was obsessed with it for like 5 years straight and just quit about a year ago...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well then I'll apply for the ****s and giggles then

Smashboards Username: Fuelbi
Pokemon Online Username(s): Fuel
AIM Username: roacherman1
Tiers you want to learn: Gen V DW

EDIT: Btw, if you want me to be more specific, better team building and strategies

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Smashboards Username: duh
Pokemon Online Username(s): kirbyraeg, Alice Margatroid
AIM Username: <--clicky under my username
Tiers you want to learn: EverythingGen V Ubers (DW+Wifi). Let's throw in Gen IV OU+Ubers too.
Time Zone: PST

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think the toutors should have thier AIM/Skype/Chat Thing in their information also, so with that my AIM is : Akward Seabass.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
EDIT: WHooah Circa you play RS?? I was obsessed with it for like 5 years straight and just quit about a year ago...
Yeah, I've played off and on for about 7 years (although I've only had mem, still off and on, for the last 3). I have the problem of playing it almost obsessively for a really long time, getting aggravated and bored, quitting, and then restarting six months later.

I just now started playing again. Blame Rockem. I thought I was done with the game, but then he started playing again and I couldn't help myself. And despite playing for so long, the only things I can put in my list of achievements are 99 ranged and 85 slayer; which I got mostly together (it took me a few months longer to get 85 slayer because I was so sick of the stat that I didn't even want to go for the last 30k).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Moose - Riddle
Kirbyraeg - Riddle
TRG - Circa
SatiSuicune - Tery
Fuelbi - Ultimario
Logging this in the OP. Tiers will be specified. Tutees may be asked for a brief summary on how the tutoring was, etc. Will be clarified later.

Edit - Also, Riddle, go work on your BOTW stuff, please?

Wrath`

Smash Master
:( awww I don't get to teach, do i still get paid?

If only I could provide those Uber tier goods, well I think it's time I learn some Ubers myself, team building time.

Can you tack on 5th gen OU on my tier list to make things more clearer for people. thanks.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hi Fuel how's it like to be back?

BE ON SKYPE MORE. IF YOU ARE I KNOW WHEN YOU EXIST.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I refuse to be tutored by you dammit I need more variation!

Besides, it's nothing like when I first started with you. I remember thinking back then that Milotic was borderline Ubers and that Miltank was better than Blissey

I don't suck as much anymore dammit!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't quite remember you being that bad.

I guess my tutoring has worked, then. Why are you complaining?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I refuse to be tutored by you dammit I need more variation!

Besides, it's nothing like when I first started with you. I remember thinking back then that Milotic was borderline Ubers and that Miltank was better than Blissey

I don't suck as much anymore dammit!
IF you have a real issue with your assignment you can contact me through PM or AIM.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I WAS that bad I even remember >_>

Eh... I could always be better I guess?

Besides, I suck at synergy and like 1/5 teams do I actually make a halfway decent one?

That, and I really need help to learn some of these sets because I'm getting screwed over by some of the crap that happens that I'm unable to identify DX

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If you have a problem covering up fighting weaknesses I can't help you there. :p

I can't remember the last time I had a fighting resist on a team. OOOOH COUNTERTEAM ME WITH MONO FIGHTING *****ES I DARE YOU

Actually it'd probly work

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah, I've played off and on for about 7 years (although I've only had mem, still off and on, for the last 3). I have the problem of playing it almost obsessively for a really long time, getting aggravated and bored, quitting, and then restarting six months later.

I just now started playing again. Blame Rockem. I thought I was done with the game, but then he started playing again and I couldn't help myself. And despite playing for so long, the only things I can put in my list of achievements are 99 ranged and 85 slayer; which I got mostly together (it took me a few months longer to get 85 slayer because I was so sick of the stat that I didn't even want to go for the last 30k).
I'm feelin you 100% but the game (as addicting as it can be) is an absolute life waster dude you're gonna look back at all of those hours spent on RS and regret it like I did.

I got a fire cape, got 99 range, then 99 magic, and after that I started PKing... Got bored with it after a long time. That was the bottom line after that I wasn't gonna get another 99 for pretty much no reason. Dropped all my stuff and canceled my membership shortly after to prevent myself from starting up again.

Now I look back on those days and think "Was clicking high alch repeatedly for 50 hours really worth it? Did I have any fun at all while doing it?" Of course I didn't I just wanted the cape. :awesome:

Enjoy the game while it lasts I guess...

Top Bottom