• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "Power of One" Equipment Rally - $5 refunded to you if you provide a setup!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Like last time, I'm going to refund $5 to anyone and everyone that helps provide a full setup - A TV, a console and a copy of either game.

Now, the only rules I'm putting down are:

1) I won't be refunding more than $5 per person.

2) I'm capping the amount I refund to $80 ~ That means the first 16 people that arrive at the venue with equipment. So if you're only coming on Melee day with equipment, you might miss out.

So, below I'll keep a list of what people are bringing.

• Name | TVs | Console/s | Game/s | Extras
  • Vyse | 1 TV | 1 Wii, 1 GameCube | Brawl + Melee | Laptop

Also, at SantaSmash, somebody took home my Melee case. I think it was one of the dorfs : /

zApollo

Smash Ace
Chris | 1 Wii | Brawl | Laptop & Recording Equipment

I'll likey turn up halfway through brawl doubles.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well last time I dipped into my own pocket so the pot remained untouched. I was considering doing it again this time, but was undecided, which is why I didn't mention where the money would come from. But I have a lot less motivation to do it now.

Especially with moving costs coming up for me.

Also lol Arrow.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Well last time I dipped into my own pocket so the pot remained untouched. I was considering doing it again this time, but was undecided, which is why I didn't mention where the money would come from. But I have a lot less motivation to do it now.
woah. major respect right there. <3 vyse
zec, you're in the wrong game if you want lots of monies. go play halo.

do we list in this topic if we're bringing power cords?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
another reason why lansmash is such a ***ing good organisation. btw did u know I payed the venue fee for QSB and CoK entirely out of my pocket? Thats over $300 in costs.. thats just the venue. kthx. respect my **** you useless *****.

edit - holy shiz don even remember posting dis.. farrrk

umm anyway.. ur mom payed me 0ut ov hur pock3t las niiite

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
CoK is still the record holder for highest melee attendance in Qld.. it was back when Melee was fun and not infested with brawl***s. and all I did was make a topic.. shows how much all your advertising campaigns have helped >_>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Good stuff with the equipment guys.
Keep it rolling in.

We've yet to count Kaion's stuff yet too.

@Syke:

I disagree with the idea of using too much of your own funds to make something work. Sorry, it's comendable, I'll give you that, but it's more than you can promise.

The guy that does Halo for ACL for example was putting in thousands out of his own pocket. It's just unsustainable. You're more than welcome to just cover the venue fee out of your own pocket, but I've got more pressing matters that need my money.

QBB had 69 brawl entrants. That was when I had free time enough to advertise and invest all my free time into something. Full-time traineeship days were good times.

As far as my advertising not doing much for Melee is concerned. You forget that we're currently in January 2011 and Brawl is cool. It surprises me little that my advertising is helping Brawl and doing not so well for Melee.

I am working very hard this year to deliver a free venue on a monthly basis. All I need is for people to continue supporting what we do.

I agree that we shouldn't be paying through the nose for what we do in any case and I am working hard to make my current plans happen. Think long-term man.

Can we just be friends?
So tired of the snipes all the time.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Notice how I said.. MELEE attendance.. i dun know if u remember, but we ran a tourney at lansmash in 07, and I remember walking out thinking I'd never want to organise with those fux ever again >_> idun even kno wut im trying to sai rite naow.. farking kas and his alchohoilcness.... im going to bed ZZzzzzz....

and we are friends, thats why were able to do this without raging like obese cosplaying ranga faktards.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Uber or Chris / 1 TV / Melee setup / Brawl Setup / AV selecter (to easily switch between melee and brawl) / HOPEFULLY Laptop with a recording setup depending on if my new laptop comes in time

Will have equipment and presence on both days.

I will be keeping my stuff with hugh and dif where all the recording set-ups are. My TV is a decent size

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
R4VEN | 1 maybe 2 TVs | 2 Wiis | 1 Brawl / 1 Melee | Saturday all day

Top Bottom