• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H.O.R. Sponsored tournament; Congratulations to Ally!!!! Lock this thread please!

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
THE H.O.R. SPONSORED TOURNAMENT
Hosted by: KittycatAyume and dualseeker.​

Welcome to the H.O.R. (High Ocean Republic) Sponsored tournament, sponsored by H.O.R. The H.O.R. is a wi-fi clan group in Smash World Forums. This tournament will have a prize in store for the winners! First place will have a choice of getting 1500 Wii points, or a year of Premium Membership, along with a commission done by Global-Wolf! Second place will also either get 3 months of Premium Membership, or 500 Wii Points! To clarify some misconceptions,
this tournament is open to EVERYONE, not just members of HOR. So, feel free to join ^__^. Now, let's get on to the rules.

Rules:
3-stock match
8 minute timer
best 2/3 for regular rounds
Best 3/5 for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals
In Grand Finals, Winner coming from the Losers Finals has to beat the winner from the Winners Finals in 2 sets of 3/5.
Players must strike to decide the starting stage.
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Daves Stupid Rule is in effect
NO STALLING, period.
All infinite's must end promptly after 300%, or else it will be considered as stalling, that includes Marth's infinite standing grab, and the Ice Climbers Infinite Chain Grab.
If a suicide move is used, (such as Ganondorf's Side-B or Bowser's Koopa Klaw) then the person who initiated the move receives the win.
In the event that lag makes the game unplayable, either a third player may enter the game to help improve lag, or KittycatAyume or myself will perform a cointoss to determine the winner. Both options must be agreed to by both players.
Also, if you have a request to change your character, please tell me BEFORE the tournament starts. Thank you.
No johns/hating in the tournament >__>.
Entry's should follow this format:
Smash World Forums name/Wi-Fi tag/Friend Code/Characters

Important Updates:
Last Warning

This will be the last extension for the last round. If the Final round is not played out by tomorrow at 8:00 P.M. PST - That's April 26th at 8:00 P.M. PST - then Ally will receive the win. Dabuz will receive second place. No questions asked. Either you two finish the match by then, or Ally will get first place. Although, if Ally is clearly trying to win by avoiding Dabuz or by Dabuz's DQ, then Ally will lose the first set. This will allow for a final, short extension.

Also, please try to keep your conversations on SWF. Neither Deviltrigger or myself have an AiB account, so we won't be able to verify any conversations on AiB.

Thank you, and PLEASE, get your matches done already.

Prizes:
1st Place: 1 year of Premium Membership, or 1500 Wii Points, and an Art Commission by Global-Wolf.
2nd Place: 3 months of Premium Membership, or 500 Wii Points

Striking Sequence:
First, the first player must strike 2 starter stages. Then, the second player will strike 3 starter stages. Next, the first player strikes 1 stage. The stage that is left will be the starting stage.

Counter Pick Sequence:
The Winner will get to ban two Counter-Pick Stages before the Loser gets to Counter Pick. The Loser must then chose from the remaining stages on the list.

Stage List:
Starters:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smash Ville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counter Picks:
Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Jngle Japes
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Corneria
Green Greens (play at your own risk)

If you have any questions, please contact me, dualseeker or KittycatAyume . Also, if you are interested in, or have any questions about H.O.R., please contact KittycatAyume, me, or HOR's current president, SoniKupo. Thank you and we hope you have an enjoyable time in the tournament ^__^.

Information on the Art Prize (by Global-Wolf):
Art Prize Info​

*subject to change*

I would've joined this tourney, but I don't have Brawl right now so I can't x_x Anyways, KittycatAyume and Dual told me about their tournament that would have prizes, so I asked if I could donate something. I haven't drawn anything for a while so hopefully this'll help motivate me to work lol.

You can request pretty much anything that's not overly sexual or gory. Furries, anime, realism, I welcome it all. You can find some of my art here. I'm better at some things than others though (but if it's something I'm not comfortable with it'll help me get better so just go ahead and request xD)

You have an option of digital or traditional media. Traditional media will be on 8.5x11 watercolor or cardstock paper. If you pick traditional media you also have the option of me mailing it to you, if you're willing to give me your address. You don't have to specify digital or traditional if you don't want, I'll just pick in that case.

I'll hopefully finish within a month of the tourney ending.

And if you don't want the art prize, you can pass it to the 2nd place winner, but I'd like it if you didn't... just so I won't feel bad xD

Entry is open to everyone ^__^.
Entrants:
1. Red Savarin/Red/4554-6106-4878/:metaknight: :snake:/ Replaced By: dabuz/2191-7315-3890/:ganondorf:
2. C.S. Dinah/Dinah/2964-9820-5970/:peach: :pit: :wario: :rob:
3. Zatch./ Glo -W/ 3222-6676-2121/:pt: :luigi2: :olimar:
4. Link2thelost90/Sèlês/2664-8387-0330/:random:
5. Knubs./Aizen/ 3824-8826-1903/:random:
6. Sephy95/Sephy/3266-6793-1736/:link2: :ike: :marth: :fox:
7. Alphicans/Alphi/1719-2852-5644/ :gw: and maybe some others
8. Professor MGW/KIRA or P.MGW/2836-5262-7837/:kirby2: :olimar: :random:
9. Mana./Lucas/4339-2160-8354/:pt:
10. SuperMetroid44/Ice/0774-4609-7873/:kirby2: :metaknight: :pt:
11. Old Man Grey/Grey /4683-0120-9931/:gw: :dk2: :marth: :luigi2:
12. Sol Diviner/Sol/4469-6079-4776/:rob: :toonlink: :dk2:
13. Ssonic/Sonic/2106-7410-9533/:toonlink: :falco: :dedede:
14. Mi]{e]{irbY/mKBy/0303-5969-3308/:kirby: :popo: :falcon:
15. AyatoK26/Dark/1247-0129-1490/:zelda: :olimar:
16. Itazuki/Kurai/5327-0595-9564/:link2: :marth: :sheilda: :wolf:
17. Battletanx_Commander/BTC/0044-2642-4407/:peach:
18. -Joey-/Dooms/2277-6307-2332/:gw: :peach: :olimar: :falco:
19. Cubone/Qbone/1892-5519-8814/:rob: :pikachu2:
20. Chompy/CHMPY/2664 7209 8234/:diddy: :pit: :pt:
21. Polar Bear/PB/0946-1967-2918/:dk2:
22. ElNoNombreHombre/ENNH/1548-8263-8134/:mario2: :luigi2: :peach: :bowser2: :dk2: :diddy: :yoshi2: :wario: :link2: :zelda: :sheilda: :sheik: :ganondorf: :toonlink: :samus2: :zerosuitsamus: :pit: :popo: :rob: :kirby2: :metaknight: :dedede: :olimar: :fox: :falco: :wolf: :falcon: :pikachu2: :pt: :lucario: :jigglypuff: :marth: :ike: :ness2: :lucas: :gw: :snake: :sonic:
23. THEDEEMAN/DEMON/2492-4762-2368/:pit: :wario: :luigi2: :falcon:
24. Z'zgashi/GASHI/5456-4729-9410/:yoshi2:
25. Mad Ally/Ally/3609 0908 8206/:metaknight:
26. Kola/Kola/3138 3331 9940/:metaknight: :marth:
27. to joe/joe/3609 0710 2098/:metaknight:
28. DarkToon/Rena/4082-4839-0940/:toonlink: :marth:
29. Iota/Iota/5456-5016-7691/:luigi2: :metaknight: :diddy: :wario:
30. KoRoBeNiKI/LaVoS/1934-3901-4627/:marth: :luigi2: :falco: and mostly everyone else.
31. KillLock/Kill/0559 6502 8609/:snake:
32. MP8/MP8/2321-5198-2939/:mario2: :lucario: :bowser2: :link2: :pit:

Waiting List:
1. Red Savarin/Red/4554-6106-4878/:metaknight: :snake:
2. Sephiroths Masamune/3609-0739-2580/

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Art Prize Info​

*subject to change*

I would've joined this tourney, but I don't have Brawl right now so I can't x_x Anyways, KittycatAyume and Dual told me about their tournament that would have prizes, so I asked if I could donate something. I haven't drawn anything for a while so hopefully this'll help motivate me to work lol.

You can request pretty much anything that's not overly sexual or gory. Furries, anime, realism, I welcome it all. You can find some of my art here. I'm better at some things than others though (but if it's something I'm not comfortable with it'll help me get better so just go ahead and request xD)

You have an option of digital or traditional media. Traditional media will be on 8.5x11 watercolor or cardstock paper. If you pick traditional media you also have the option of me mailing it to you, if you're willing to give me your address. You don't have to specify digital or traditional if you don't want, I'll just pick in that case.

I'll hopefully finish within a month of the tourney ending.

And if you don't want the art prize, you can pass it to the 2nd place winner, but I'd like it if you didn't... just so I won't feel bad xD

dualseeker

Smash Ace
^ Does that mean we have to get invited in order to enter this tourney?
If not, i'll sign-up as Link2thelost90/Sèlês/2664-8387-0330/:random:
Sorry I didn't clarify that ^^;. But no, you do NOT have to be a member of HOR to participate. This tournament is open to EVERYONE, so please, feel free to join ^__^.

And you have been added to the list. Thank you for joining ^__^.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Dat word choice. (Invitational) Maybe it's just better left out or replaced with another word indicating HOR is hosting this tournament like "A HOR Sponsored Tournament" (I prefer "It's over 9 Raditz!" myself though). Unless you mean this tournament leads to an invitation to the group itself (After winning shenanigans and etc.) and then you'd need to explain that a bit more.

in·vi·ta·tion·al
Adjective: (esp. of a competition) Open only to those invited

Anyways, let's get these new waves of tournaments rolling.

Knubs./Aizen/ 3824-8826-1903/ :random:

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Dat word choice. (Invitational) Maybe it's just better left out or replaced with another word indicating HOR is hosting this tournament like "A HOR Sponsored Tournament" (I prefer "It's over 9 Raditz!" myself though). Unless you mean this tournament leads to an invitation to the group itself (After winning shenanigans and etc.) and then you'd need to explain that a bit more.

in·vi·ta·tion·al
Adjective: (esp. of a competition) Open only to those invited

Anyways, let's get these new waves of tournaments rolling.

Knubs./Aizen/ 3824-8826-1903/ :random:
Alright, I'll take your advice then ^__^. Thanks, Knubs ^__^. Adding you to the list. Thank you for joining the tournament ^__^.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If we get any more Pokemon Trainers i'm going Falcon, lol.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Exactly how many entrants are ya gonna have? 16?
Well, I'm HOPING for this to be a 32 man tournament, but since people are usually busy this time of year, I'm just going to see how many come to the tournament. If activity is low, then I guess I'll go for 16.

SuperMetroid44/Ice/0774-4609-7873

Kirby, Meta Knight, and Pokemon Trainer.
Adding you to the list. Thank you for joining ^__^.

If we get any more Pokemon Trainers i'm going Falcon, lol.
lol XD.

Also, if you have a request for a character change, PLEASE tell me BEFORE the tournament starts. Thank you ^__^.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'll join. All of my info's on the side, so yeah. Oh, and there may be "lag of the gods" for me, but I guess we'll think of something when we come to that bridge. :p

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I'll join. All of my info's on the side, so yeah. Oh, and there may be "lag of the gods" for me, but I guess we'll think of something when we come to that bridge. :p
Thanks for joining, Sol ^__^. But could you please list your SWF name, Wi-Fi tag, Wi-Fi Friend Code, and characters please ^^;? Thank you ^__^.

Add :rob: too plz.
OK, :rob: has been added, Dinah ^__^.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Fine, here's my info. :p

Brawl Tag: Sol
Brawl Main: R.O.B.
Other Brawl Characters: Toon Link, Donkey Kong
Brawl Friend Code: 4469-6079-4776

There. That ought to do it. XD

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Haven't seen you around these parts lately Dual. Glad to see you're back.

AyatoK26/Dark/1247-0129-1490/:zelda::olimar:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
man, even if i name-searched, this wouldn't of shown up :awesome:

im curious to see who wins this, but i really want that drawing (although idc about the wii points/ premmy xD)

meh, not joining :cool:
One less of dat WiFi Oli. Needs some more :ganondorf:. *inb4MgwOlimar*

Top Bottom