• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

XS & V1CE Presents: Game Reapers!!! MD/VA, AL/GA, NC/SC, OoR HYPE!!!

V1CE

Smash Champion
Sup everyone! It's V1CE again and I am working with XS Underground and Game Reapers to bring you guys our first SSBB and MvC3 Co-Event! There has been a lot of hype for MvC3 and a lot of smashers are looking forward to this so i am here to bring you both games. We got a good venue and dedicated XS staff that want to bring you the best Tournaments!

Here is the INFO!

Address:
11132 Downs Rd
Pineville, NC

PLEASE NOTE! IF THIS TOURNEY GETS TOO BIG FOR THE VENUE THEN WE WILL RELOCATE TO CHARLOTTE MOST LIKELY AND RENT OUT A VACANT LOT IN THE BLAKENEY SHOPPING CENTER! DONT WORRY THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF ROOM!

Websites:
Game Reapers - http://www.reapersgameconsoles.com/index.html
XS Underground FB Group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116873961684071

DATE:

March 12, 2011

My Phone Number: (516)459-8694
Game Reapers Phone Number: (704)588-5558

Doors Open: 11:00am
Doors Close: 10:00pm

Venue Fee: $10 (You only pay once for both events)
Brawl Singles $10
Brawl Doubles $10 (Per person)

MvC3 Entree: $5 (might change to $10 also)

THERE WILL BE MvC3 PLAYERS THERE THAT ARENT IN THE BRAWL COMMUNITY SINCE THIS IS A XS UNDERGROUND EVENT!

Payout: (For BOTH games)

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

+30 Entrants
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 5%

+50 Entrants
1st 45%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%
5th 5% split

MvC3 RULES:

99 Second Time Limit
Team of 3
Winner of each game MUST NOT change there team while Loser is allowed to change.
Best 2 of 3
Grand Finals 3 of 5
Double Elimination

BEAT THE OTHER GUY!!!! LOL

BRAWL RULES:

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. ) | 100 LGL for teams
Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

THERE IS NO CP RANDOM RULE YOU MUST CHOOSE A STAGE.

Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
Controller Mods are banned
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

AFTER THOUGHTS!

This event is run by the people and we need SETUPS! If you guys want this to be the best tourney ever then help out and make it that way. WE GOT THIS!

MORE INFO TO COME!

V1CE

Smash Champion
Confirmed Players for each event!

Brawl:

1 V1CE
2 Kadaj
3 Fatal
4 Keith
5 Shady
6 Stingers
7 Snap
8 313
9 Dublio
10 Stockfield
11 HYL
12 T0NE
13 Ben
14 SeagullMan
15 GIMR
16 Uncle
17 Kack
18 Alex Zellers
19 Archer
20 PIE
21 Splinter
22 Duo
23 Mitsurugi
24 Kevin
25 Koozy K
26 Big Lou
27 ZeldaRox
28 CT
29 H1N1
30 Blae
31 Gaga
32 Smith
33 Felix
34 Tbsp

(Maybes)

DRPP
Twitch
Mew2King
Vinnie
Will
MD/VA
AL/GA
NinjaLink
Mister Eric

MvC3

Shady
Keith
Kadaj
Stingers
Uncle
T0NE
Kackame

I MADE A LOT OF ASSUMPTIONS FOR NC PLAYERS SO
LET ME KNOW WHAT EVENTS YOU PLAN ON ATTENEDING!

V1CE

Smash Champion
I heard something about sponsors????

Super interest.
ya maybe PP but this aint got Melee. Maybe in the future but for the 1st event we doin Brawl and MvC3 If this gets big we can add melee and maybe ssf4 in the future and this would be a multiple day tourney. That is a long way from now. Its only the beginning.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yo steve if u want, i can post this in SRK, it would be nice to meet the people of this state who play capcom games competitively.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
in every stream i have been in, smashers either go in capcom stream or are talked about... and nothing out of the ordinary happens.

i hear some complain about smash

i hear some praise smash.

Even on SRK.com they have threads strictly for smash and for people who like the game.

so i still dont get it when people say smash is looked down on by other fighting communities :/

The only type of elitist attacks i have seen from any game is melee.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
my post wasnt to just 313, i hear everyone say that our community is disliked.... but i dont see it. ever.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
You also forget that I actually go to street fighter and marvel tournaments on the reg, and post on SRK all the time, Just because they didnt like you dont mean they wont like me :D

edit; I agree with keith honestly.

T0NE

Smash Apprentice
Lol good luck with that.

Capcom players DO NOT like smashers (in both games).
This is true in a sense, but i've seen many SSF4 and Marvel players also say "melee is better than brawl." So i don't think its that they don't like SMASHERS, they just don't like the games as much.

And Steve, you guys should definitely get some SSF4 at these tourneys.

Also, im taking off for this tomorrow.

Top Bottom