• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - January 22th - Durham, NC Smashfest

Dublio

Smash Ace
This is kind of a short notice but I am planning to have a smashfest in Durham, North Carolina on Saturday, January 22th. This is mainly to round up any Raleigh/Durham people that want to play brawl before the Duke Biweekly tournament next week, but anyone is welcome. My friend and I wanted to get into competitive brawl and thought "What would be a better way than having a smashfest?" So here you go.

Right now there are five confirmed people for this smashfest. Keith, Shady Penguin, my friend, me, and ZR. If you'd like to come and have fun playing brawl, please be our guest. :)

As for location and parking, I'm just going to copy and paste ZR's description because it's going to be at the same place and have the same parking anyway.

Duke University Craven House C commons (same place as the where the State tourney was held here at Duke).

Address:

Chapel Drive, Durham, NC 27708

Parking:

Free parking on weekends in the Bryan Center parking lot. It is found on Science Drive which is off of Towerview Road. From the parking lot, walk into the Bryan Center and exit in the front. At this point you should see Panda Express on your right. Walk down the walkway past the hot dog stand and you will be on West Campus Main Quad. Craven is nearly straight down from the Walkway. It is next to the Few Archway. If you need help, you can call me and I will come and get you. PM me for my phone number.

Parking is at 125 Science Dr, Durham, NC 27708. You should be able to park free in the Bryan Center lot (the parking garage usually charges you). Note there is limited space in the lot so make sure to get there early.

You can also park on central which is on Erwin Rd. A decent sized lot is found at 202 Alexander Avenue. From central, take the busstop to West Campus.

Dublio

Smash Ace
The random guy is my friend that wanted to get into competitive brawl. He plays Diddy and Zelda/Shiek. Anyhoo, I was wearing a bright green shirt at G6. How did you know it was me? :D I do remember seeing you play against Black Mantis at G6 though. You main Rob and Snake yes?

Edit: oh I remember now. You're the one that was looking for me. Since there was only 1 person looking for Dublio, I assume that it was you. xD

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I got the setups covered dublio. Don't worry about those. I don't expect a big turnout. My 4 setups fhould suffice.

Dublio

Smash Ace
I got the setups covered dublio. Don't worry about those. I don't expect a big turnout. My 4 setups should suffice.
Sweet. Ok then. :) I'll also find out how to create infinite replays so that we can record our matches. For educational purposes of course.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I won't be coming, but it's cool to see you doing this, Dublio. Fests can only do good for NC Brawl. Also, you should already be getting gold catfish status for your generous rides to G6.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Sweet. Ok then. :) I'll also find out how to create infinite replays so that we can record our matches. For educational purposes of course.
pretty sure there are codes online for that;

however, you can't save the stuff to ur wii; has to be done on sd cards. I have 2. That should be fine.

u just find the codes and bring them on an sd card and then we'll copy them to my 2 and then we have 3 infinite replays. That sounds plenty fine to me.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
yeah stockfield is coming. that's legit. So right now that's 6 i guess. Yeah dublio u might wanna go ahead and bring a tv and brawl. Cause everyone knows that u usually get double the amount of ppl who confirm. :)

Dublio

Smash Ace
8 People so far. This smashfest is sounding better and better. :)

Keith
Shady
Duo
P.I.
Stockfield
ZR
Dublio
Rommulox (my friend)

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
oh stock will u play me in yugioh....I've not played in like 3 years. My deck sucks but I wanna play so bad.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Okay don't forget to bring them.

I got you both, if you can't beat my warrior deck you won't beat my beast deck. Just saying.

And no **** Melee.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
melee is so fun though. Like even if ur not good u can have fun. like why play HF brawl when the real deal is right there. lol

but w.e.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Everyone that has Yugioh cards should just bring them.

And I have P:M too. I mean I probably won't play Melee, but I'm sure someone will.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
P:M and melee; this is making my weekend. :)

but yeah, this is probably gonna be a primarily brawl thing so we can get better.

But yugioh, melee, and project M. Wow this is such a legit fun wknd. I almost wanna tell everyone to come tomorrow night and play and stay the night and then play some more sat.

almost....but not really.

BEES

Smash Lord
wait a minute... it's the same day as DJ's tournament. Are they going to be mutually exclusive or are they happening at different times of the day?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
wait a minute... it's the same day as DJ's tournament. Are they going to be mutually exclusive or are they happening at different times of the day?
*****would like to point out that while I am offering the venue this fest was in no way my idea. I say this because I don't want people think I'm trying to compete against DJ.

With that being said, this is mutually exclusive of DJ's tourney. DJ is hosting at the Sci-Fi convention and this is running at Duke.

It started out as just a few friends playing brawl together and then it got advertised and then we had a few more people say they wanna come.

:)

Sry for the confusion though. Good luck at DJ's tourney.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
yeah this is a brawl thing

I don't play melee at all

It's just mad fun to play around with :)

Dublio

Smash Ace
I kinda totally forgot that there was a melee thing going on. Anyhoo, this is for the brawl people since melee guys would probably be at that tournament instead. :)

-repeats the same thing as the above people just to re-emphasize the fact that it was my idea- :)

Edit: Erm, guess I'm not going to the smashfest anymore, my mom changed her mind and said she didn't want me going out of town. Crud.

Top Bottom