• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 5 Results

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doubles (click here for the bracket)

1: 8-bit Thunder (Alphicans + Captain L) ($100.00) :gw: :metaknight: + :pikachu2:
2: This Is Why (Breez + Firefly) ($40.00) :metaknight: + :yoshi2:
3: Ok, guys, seriously. This name is way too long. Please make it shorter next time! (Blue Yoshi + Karupin) ($20.00) :gw: + :metaknight:
4: Have Fun in the Loser's Bracket (HNG + GrapE) :metaknight: + :gw:
5: RoboGeisha (Bundtcake + Kodokan) :rob: :kirby2: + :marth:
5: Bed Intruders (Asa + Cheeszeman) :wario: + :zerosuitsamus:
7: El Duo de la Historia (Blunted_Object10 + smash_mash) :marth: + :metaknight:
7: Electro Inferno (Starwaffle + SKidd) :pikachu2: + :mario2:

Singles Pools

Pool 1
1. Bundtcake (4-0) [8-0]
2. HNG (3-1) [6-3]
3. Karupin (2-2) [5-5]
4. Kodokan (1-3) [3-6]
5. Barrow Roll (0-4) [0-8]

Pool 2
1. Alphicans (4-0) [8-1]
2. Asa (3-1) [7-2]
3. Smash_mash (2-2) [4-5]
4. Crisis (1-3) [3-7]
5. Starwaffle (0-4) [0-8]

Pool 3
1. Captain L (4-0) [8-3]
2. Blunted Object (3-1) [7-2]
3. Blue Yoshi (2-2) [5-6]
4. Eric (1-3) [3-6]
5. SKidd (0-4) [2-8]

Pool 4
1. Breez (4-0) [8-2]
2. Firefly (3-1) [7-3]
3. DolphinBrick (2-2) [4-5]
4. GrapE (1-3) [2-6]
5. Cheeszeman (0-4) [3-8]

Singles Bracket (click here for the bracket)

1: Bundtcake ($110) :rob: :kirby2:
2: Alphicans ($50) :gw: :metaknight: :falco: :dedede:
3: breez ($30) :metaknight:
4: Blue Yoshi ($10) :gw:
5: HNG :metaknight:
5: Asa :olimar:
7: Karupin :kirby2: :metaknight:
7: Blunted Object :marth:
9: Firefly :yoshi2:
9: Kodokan :marth:
9: Captain L :pikachu2:
9: Cheeszeman :zerosuitsamus:
13: Crisis :falco:
13: GrapE :sheik:
13: DolphinBrick :diddy:
13: Smash_mash :metaknight:
17: Barrow Roll :falco: :metaknight:
17: SKidd :mario2:
17: Erik :falco: :ganondorf:
17: Starwaffle :pikachu2:

Attendance was garbage, but the tournament was still fun. I hope people enjoyed our livestream. =]

If I messed up any of the characters, let me know.

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master

1: Bundtcake ($110) :rob: :kirby2:
2: Alphicans ($50) :gw: :metaknight: :falco: :dedede:
3: breez ($30) :metaknight:
4: Blue Yoshi ($10) :gw:
5: HNG :metaknight:
5: Asa :olimar:
7: Karupin :kirby2: :metaknight:
7: Blunted Object :marth:
9: Firefly :yoshi2:
9: Kodokan :marth:
9: Captain L :pikachu2:
9: Cheeszeman :zerosuitsamus:
13: Crisis :falco:
13: GrapE :sheik:
13: DolphinBrick :diddy:
13: Smash_mash :metaknight:
17: Barrow Roll :falco: :metaknight:
17: SKidd :mario2:
17: Erik :falco: :ganondorf:
17: Starwaffle :pikachu2:
Brian - Teach me how to be **** like you
Luke - Thanks for traveling out here. We never got to play =(
Breez - Breez, good ****. Keep on rockin' that MK!
Rob - You didn't get enough nines.
HNG - I should've won that Mario ditto =\
Asa - I'll miss you. See you in a while.
Karupin - Heh, ggs. Keep up the good ****.
Blunted_Object10 - MELEEEEEEEEEE
~Firefly~ - There's still room for improvement on that PR. Aim for first, you can do it if you try hard enough.
Kodokan - I hate Marth
Captain L - Shoulda went to Lylat
Cheeszeman - At least we didn't meet in tourney. $2 MM next tourney lol
Crisis - You improve fast, keep up your Falco.
GrapE - I played stupid vs DeDeDe. Good job.
DolphinBrick - We STILL didn't get to play...
Smash_mash - I only got to face you in a doubles friendly. Your MK is pretty solid.
Barrow Roll - Come to more BC tourneys.
SKidd - I choked this tourney. Choked hard.
Erik - ***** me in pools. Good Falco.
Starwaffle - Next time we will destroy doubles. More practice is all we need.

Great tourney.

Asa

Smash Hero
Long shoutouts since this is my last tourney for some time:

Bundtcake: sigh... i thought i could've taken you this time but got outplayed again. Really happy that you were my sensei though, you helped me impove so much <3 unfortunately all that wolf practice won't be put to use in the immediate future, next time i play a wolf i'll **** him really bad. GL at gameclucks, and we'll play lots of facebook scrabble <3

Cheeszeman: you did ittttttt you beat your first mk in tounament! You've impoved so much since i met you :) Glad you had fun at the tounament. Have fun first and the **** will follow. And listen to my advice every now and then, it makes your main man asa happy and it actually helps lol Keep your skills fresh and get on the PR <3

Firefly: Aw jakey jake :( you SD'd way too much this tournament. Get that mk up to speed for days when your yoshi isn't on the top of it's game! Livestream was hella fun lol .Good luck at GC, I'll be rooting for This Is Why (we're ****)! I'll definitely miss your salty personality, you're like a little brother to me :)

Breez: mannnnnn i'm so bummed that we've NEVER played each other in bracket before :( i was really gunning for the opportunity this tournament but i messed up. Good job at the tounament, and, like me and alphie said, stay mainly grounded agianst gw loll. dair camping isn't the panacea for matchup inexperience. Really hope you can make it out to hawaii :)

Blue Yoshi: dudee really fun games, both in friendlies and in bracket. You still only use GW in tourney :p. RPS mm's were too good lol

Kaupin: Good **** dude your kirby has definitely stepped it up a notch! Fun matches in the mms too XD

Kodokan: :( had to play you again in bracket. dont sweat losing to me though olimar is really gay. Good **** against CaptainL! Don't make johns for him, he got outplayed by you! Don't stop playing; i'll be back and i wanna see what your marth's got :)

Skidd: Even though you still get knocked out early, you're improving :) You almost beat landon ON HIS PRECIOUS CP! Keep sticking with star, it's always nice to have a static partner that you know inside and out. Even though you're hella creepy, you're funny too, which makes you tolerable. I'll make sure to play lots of wifi with you and teach you the ways of maintaining your virginity lolol

CaptainL: Sallllllltt. I didn't want to play you in bracket cuz i know that the oli matchup rubs you the wrong way at the moment XD You may want to ban BF against me, all of your worst games are there :S We should definitely play sommmeee wifi :p Good luck at GC!

Blunted_Object: Bummed I didn't really get to play you... at all this tournament lol. You're a scary math, and it makes my olimar nervous XD Keep getting better :D

Dolphinbrick: Hmmm don't know what to say lol. I can't sandbag against you anymore with falco. Keep up with the diddy, he's a good character that'll treat you right :)

HNG: should've played you at the tournament, but didn't get to =(

Smash_Mash: hey man don't sweat it if you didn't do well, it's expected XD practice for the next tournament and you'll be back up to speed, brawl is easy lol.

Starwaffle: Thanks for the skittles, dude! Keep doing dubz with skidd

Crisis: WTF happened at the end of game 2 against breez lol

Alphicans: Fun pools matches and mms :) hope to play you again in the future

I <3 YOU ALL

ps: any vids you guys want recorded, send to my email : kennedy.asa@gmail.com :)

SKidd

Smash Master
Skidd: Even though you still get knocked out early, you're improving :) You almost beat landon ON HIS PRECIOUS CP! Keep sticking with star, it's always nice to have a static partner that you know inside and out. Even though you're hella creepy, you're funny too, which makes you tolerable. I'll make sure to play lots of wifi with you and teach you the ways of maintaining your virginity lolol
I should've went to Lylat vs Landon. Star and I will be practicing. Creepy and funny are my two middle names. wifiwifiwifivirginitywifiwifiwifiwifi

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
SALT!!!

SALTY SALT!!!

Anyways, my shoutouts:

1: Bundtcake: Great job Brian :) Too bad we didn't get to face each other in the brackets. I was looking forward to a rematch. Anyways, random character friendlies were fun, and lol @ Ice Climbers vs Ganondorf XD

2: Alphicans: Ggs, and really close match. Don't worry, I wasn't upset at you, it was more because of the islanders arguing against a ruleset for 6 months, then those very same rules we argued against being used against me. Anyways, thanks for coming from Alberta, and can't wait for a rematch :p

3: breez: Wow, you've improved alot :) can't wait for a re-match.

4: Blue Yoshi: Dude, you're such a scrub. Our matches weren't fun at all, and you just spammed tornado against me the entire time. I could have easily three-stocked you if I tried. I mean, seriously... :angry:

5: HNG: Ggs. wow, you've improved alot. You nearly beat the entire island yourself :p. And very good games in doubles. You nearly had the win against us :p

5: Asa: Ggs, and thankfully we didn't get a rainbow cruise style ending this time. All our matches were fun, and can't wait to play you again when you come back. And lol @ rock paper scisors money match :p

7: Karupin: Wow, we did pretty good in teams. And I don't think our team name was long enough... ;)

7: Blunted Object: Ggs. lol @ falcon ditto only pools :p. Next time, we need to play melee (er... I mean, you need to destroy me at melee ;))

9: Firefly: Thanks for hosting another tournament. Seems the Islanders have had your number recently ;) Anyways, see you next tourney.

9: Kodokan: Didn't face you at all this tourney :(. Oh well, next time ;)

9: Captain L: we always seem to play each other in bracket now. Anyways, ggs in brawl. As for 64, wow, you've improved alot. I have to use my better character or else I'll get destroyed myself :p

9: Cheeszeman: Didn't get to face you. Haven't faced a ZSS in tourney since a Victoria tourney in 2009... maybe next time :p

13: Crisis: Didn't face you either :(. I heard you improved alot. Hope to play you next time.

13: GrapE: Ggs at... well... everything we did at Jeremy's place. And very good games in doubles. You nearly had it :p

13: DolphinBrick: What's this? I'm not the only Diddy player in BC? THIS IS MADNESS!!! Tero: "Madness? THIS! IS! SPARTA!!! Anyways, on a serious (?) note, we must do Diddy dittos on FD if we face each other in tournament. THERE WILL BE MADNESS!!! :p

13: Smash_mash: Ggs, great to see you again. Hope you come to the next one :)

17: Barrow Roll: Didn't get to play you :(. Maybe next time... :p

17: SKidd: ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ... anyways... we should do Mario vs Yoshi matches sometime (avatar reasons) :p

17: Erik: Wait... there's another Ganon player in BC? Tero better practice up, or he may not be the Ganon of BC anymore...

17: Starwaffle: Last but not least, thanks for housing us... again. Without housing, we wouldn't have been able to come at all.

On a side note, I was sick most of this weekend (didn't affect me at all at the tournament thankfully). Had a headache Friday night, Saturday night when we got back to Starwaffle's. Puked twice at Starwaffle's place, and once in an alley while bussing back (I had to get off the bus and walk to the alley before puking... and the bus didn't get to the next stop for like a full minute... so I was holding it in for like 3 minutes before I finally was able to let it all out). I then ate chicken strips LIKE A BOSS!!!

No reason for saying that, but I'm posting it anyways lol :p

Anyways, ggs to all :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
asa, u got ur SD card back and u can record now?

also, decent job on 5th place bro. step up dem doubles :]

Captain L :(, next time k. Great job in doubles tho :]

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I know Jake didn't just list himself as yoshi only...

Yeah mark the salt pile got rather large. Not entirely due to me though, I am pretty sure that's mainly coming from blue yoshi. I've accepted that I suck vs ROB (lose to wifi ROBs a lot too), although game 5 set 2 was pretty ****ty, and I am pretty sure there was divine intervention in that one.

DolphinBrick

Smash Rookie
Didn't do great, but what matters is I improved LOL. Great tourney everyone, looking forward to the next at Home Video

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I played Jigglypuff 3-4 times, Falcon 3-4 times, IC's 2-3 times, Diddy 2-3 times, and a few others, all in pools. Why are they not listed as characters I used?

Also, Jake is our newest MK main. Lets give a warm welcome to our newest tier *****.

(edit: really? that word is censored? lol)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
So wait, I'm supposed to go as MK on all of his good stages? Then I might as well ban FD and main MK...

You've fallen for the MK trap. Once you use MK seriously, you don't stop. First, he becomes a fun character. Then he becomes your secondary for bad matchups. Then, you use him more than your main because you keep facing your bad matchups. Soon after that, you drop your main out-right. Believe me, I've seen several people go through this (me included, though I dropped him entirely before it was too late lol).

breez

Smash Ace
So wait, I'm supposed to go as MK on all of his good stages? Then I might as well ban FD and main MK...

You've fallen for the MK trap. Once you use MK seriously, you don't stop. First, he becomes a fun character. Then he becomes your secondary for bad matchups. Then, you use him more than your main because you keep facing your bad matchups. Soon after that, you drop your main out-right. Believe me, I've seen several people go through this (me included, though I dropped him entirely before it was too late lol).

Slippery-slope right?

And FD isn't really all that bad for mk.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You're right, FD is not bad at all for MK, but it's probably one of his worst stages (after green greens and pipes). Blue yoshi is right though, I went through the same thing pretty much, except that I've found that my other characters do better vs certain match-ups than MK, so I don't main him. Lucky me.

Asa

Smash Hero
jake i don't mind if you use mk

i'll get mine up to speed too so we can have legit mk dittos <3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'd be willing to help you in any match-up really. I actually think you're good, but resort to the wrong tactics in the wrong match-ups. Like vs ROB you should nado way more, he really has no answer to it, and once you nado his shield once, he can't block it again till he dies (as long as you keep the pressure). I was just being dumb by allowing him to ftilt me as I started up nado, but in reality nado alone is enough to wreck ROB. Watch cheese vs mintyflesh or something like that, you'll see how **** MK is vs ROB using nado.

Asa

Smash Hero
there were pretty much no matches recorded and the few that did get recorded didn't have anything notable

Top Bottom